1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I went and picked him up at lunch. I'll open him up tonight.
I really hope that the Driver sculpt will fit on this when they get around to making the second one.

Ok Kylo is all resulted up after a night in the spa. Sorry my camera sucks not as good as Rory's but hopefully you can see how Rory's tips helped

Along with some adjustments I added on myself I think he looks more proportioned and less pudgy

I also decided to water treat the hood and scarf area

That looks awesome , guyver! I've gotta do that to mine.

My shots are not as fancy as others but I still like the poses you can get with Grandfather looking over Grandson. View attachment 247192
69d2b3b82a5e9e51682f942886b5ed52.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Nice pics! I especially like the first one.

Wait, don't see which part happening? The Kylo 2.0 not coming with a helmeted sculpt, or the un-helmeted sculpt on Kylo 2.0 not fitting on this current Kylo figure? :lol

The 2.0 not coming with a helmeted sculpt. You'd have a used market full of headless Kylo Ren figures lol

The 2.0 not coming with a helmeted sculpt. You'd have a used market full of headless Kylo Ren figures lol

Ah ok, I gotcha. I would agree with you that it most likely will, I was just making a point that there are a lot of "what ifs". Haha.

Personally, if I know I want to display Kylo with the Driver sculpt, I would just wait for the 2.0. Will it come with a helmeted sculpt also? Probably. But what if it doesn't? If you know you're going to display him with the Driver sculpt anyway, the fact that it doesn't come with a helmeted sculpt shouldn't matter.

Like you, I have no intentions of displaying him without his helmet, hence why this figure is more than good enough for me. Will the 2.0 Driver sculpt fit on this one? Probably. But what if it doesn't? It won't matter to me anyway because I prefer to display him with the helmet.

Personally I'd rather have this version of Kylo to display with the helmet, and would wait for Kylo Ren from Ep. 8 to display him with the scarred head sculpt if I'm going to have a helmet-less version of the character.

The mask on this guy reminds me of a Duck. I've never really liked it, that's why I want the Driver sculpt.
In any case, I had to have this because the movie is fantastic.

Personally I'd rather have this version of Kylo to display with the helmet, and would wait for Kylo Ren from Ep. 8 to display him with the scarred head sculpt if I'm going to have a helmet-less version of the character.

Not to mention the outfit could be totally different in EP8. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him how guyver (and others) has him up there in the last 2 pictures^ throughout most of that film tbh. It's just a killer look.

Not to mention the outfit could be totally different in EP8. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him how guyver (and others) has him up there in the last 2 pictures^ throughout most of that film tbh. It's just a killer look.

That's the thing I'm not even sure if he will wear the same outfit, but I see that him wearing a mask for good is a possibility because of what Rey did and scarred him. the cross saber is probably a thing of the past since every SW film PT and OT when a saber is destroyed or gone, they never duplicate it again. And Rey sliced it.

I see Kylo with a new mask and saber in EP VIII but the robes will be part of his outfit design whether new or old. He is the Vader of this new era so they have to keep him as original as can be. Sadly I think the hood is gone because they no what he looks like now. No need for him to hide anymore.

Last edited:
That's the thing I'm not even sure if he will wear the same outfit, but I see that him wearing a mask for good is a possibility because of what Rey did and scarred him. the cross saber is probably a thing of the past since every SW film PT and OT when a saber is destroyed or gone, they never duplicate it again. And Rey sliced it.

I see Kylo with a new mask and saber in EP VIII but the robes will be part of his outfit design whether new or old. He is the Vader of this new era so they have to keep him as original as can be. Sadly I think the hood is gone because they no what he looks like now. No need for him to hide anymore.

Right on. So with that being said.. those waiting for a 2.0 (such was myself), should probably forget about getting this exact figure in 2.0 form because it most likely isn't going to happen.

Right on. So with that being said.. those waiting for a 2.0 (such was myself), should probably forget about getting this exact figure in 2.0 form because it most likely isn't going to happen.

My 2.5 cents...

Got nearly two years until the next movie. HT will still sporadically release Star Wars offerings in that time... and a Kylo re-release with a Driver sculpt from TFA is almost guaranteed. But it will be missing something, likely the hood.

Not sure why some people think HT will wait for the next installment, which will likely be a whole new look for Kylo.

He's like a "padawan" in this movie. Wait until he finishes his training and gets the cool gear.

HT is never this lazy. Ren 2.0 will be no shawl or hood, Driver sculpt reg and battle damaged . snow and tattered clothing, maybe saber holes in the clothing when Rey hit him with the saber, Vader helmet remains

I never collected any of the Nolan HT Batman figures but I think with each new version that came out there was something slightly different from the next.

"Forgive me. I feel it again... the call from light. Supreme Leader senses it. Show me again the power of the darkness, and I'll let nothing stand in our way. Show me, grandfather, and I will finish what you started."

IMG_46616.JPG
IMG_46582.JPG

Back