1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So since you did this can I see him without the scarf and hood how he looked like when he was talking to Vader's helmet

Sure tmp_27085-IMG_20160129_215452-1396108512.jpg

Yeah, mines completely severed from the suit. I posted a photo a couple pages ago without the cowl. It allows for a lot more freedom of movement of the hood and cowl without the stitching. That's why I'm guessing the Ren with the reveal sculpt won't have the cowl at all and this one was stitched on. There won't be an all in one Ren, more $$$.

Great def going to do this. Hoping to pick up a custom Driver head soon too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love this figure as representing TFA in my collection. Driver hit a homer with his performance, and ep8 will be even better.

Bring on Luke.

Some fantastic shots happening in here.....

This figure is quite simply.....*****n' awesome...

Just got home from work and snapped a quick one.

When he's right in front of you, it really calls out to some very old school Sith. The designers did their homework here.
Gonna have a good time snappin' this one....keep the great shots coming, folks!

how irreversible is it to remove the hood? I have a new shirt coming in for Kylo and so I will need to remove it, but I have the scares about it. :panic:

NICE JB!!! :clap

I want this so bad.

Thank you, sir! And I've got the Jakku trooper on the way too...Ren should look pretty cool flanked by his burly trooper....can't wait!

Get it! You've already got the trooper for a great TFA display...I can't stop staring at this one....really great looking figure.

Has anyone successfully de-wrinkled Kylo's rubber garments? If so, how was it done? I'm wondering if steam alone will get them flat, but you obviously can't go near that fabric with an iron.

Looks like a wadded up Hefty bag out of the box.

Great shot Jedibear, the red really makes this figure shine!
That's perfect :hi5:, just what I wanted to see. Any tips on how to make the proper cut to satisfy both versions. The worse case is that I don't want to see the scarf and hood not fitting flush against the body anymore
Just cut the stitches carefully with an exacto and pull the threads with tweezers. It's an easy mod for more display options.
how irreversible is it to remove the hood? I have a new shirt coming in for Kylo and so I will need to remove it, but I have the scares about it. :panic:
The hood and outer cloak can be removed without any irreversible damage. Just unzip it and pull it down slowly. The belt has velcro and 2 buttons on each side in the back.

Great shot Jedibear, the red really makes this figure shine!

Just cut the stitches carefully with an exacto and pull the threads with tweezers. It's an easy mod for more display options.

The hood and outer cloak can be removed without any irreversible damage. Just unzip it and pull it down slowly. The belt has velcro and 2 buttons on each side in the back.

Thanks

Will it ruin the articulation in anyway, if you try to lift the arms up above his head will the hood or scarf get crooked or fall off

I'm having trouble with the arm. Anyone else have trouble getting it to stay in?

Probably going to be hard to explain but here goes. If you look at the peg the connects into the arm it has 2 distinct notches/pegs with little lips. Now look at the way the elbow swings. It can only go backwards so far.

1) position the arm so the elbow is at 3 o'clock(right side) this makes references below easier to understand. The pegs will be at 6 o'clock(bottom). Hand at 12 o'clock(top).
2) angle the notch farthest away from the elbow into the arm hole
3) now pivot/pull back on the entire arm in a clockwise direction . If you did #1 correctly you essentially create a pivot that pulls the 2 arm pegs closer together and thus allows them both to slide in easy peasy.

For some reason I've never been able to get the light up arms in any other way. The standard arm goes straight in without issue.

Has anyone figured out a solution to make the outer cloak and hood softer or more broken in so it sits more naturally like cloth? Or is anyone planning on making their own version out of custom materials?

If anyone is removing their hood and scarf from the figure permanently, let me know. I'd be interested in buy it.

Thank you, sir! And I've got the Jakku trooper on the way too...Ren should look pretty cool flanked by his burly trooper....can't wait!

Get it! You've already got the trooper for a great TFA display...I can't stop staring at this one....really great looking figure.

I will. Waiting for Feb coupon... but might just pull the trigger.

I already knew this figure would be cool, but I'm really enjoying this figure a lot more than I expected. It seems to be one of those rare figures where no matter how you choose to pose it, it looks good. That could be in part because of the simplistic nature of it, but that's also one of the positives about it in my opinion. There's really not much on him that is susceptible to breakage.

Come to think of it, it's actually the only figure I have that's caused/driven me to get a few more figures (FO Stormtroopers) that I otherwise probably wouldn't get/have if I didn't have this particular figure.

Back