1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:goodpost:
Agreed on all points, except for the bit at the end about Marvel having artistic freedom with their films.

When I went into TFA there was a fear that Disney would taint the film the way they've butchered most of Marvel's films since 2011 by making something so generic & anti-auteur that it'd be targeted at brain-dead audiences that watch movies like Bay's Transformers garbage & can't wait for installment #12.

In the end, TFA felt like a 100% Lucasfilm product. It was a fantastic starting point for the new trilogy. I was glad we didn't get a stinger. Everyone at that first show expected one but I kept telling people "Star Wars doesn't do stingers."

I'm by no means surprised that the film has a 93% on RT. Critics at the end of the day are people. Their snobbery is no match for their humanity - which TFA engaged ferociously. I honestly struggle to understand the miserable internet bunch who hated TFA. I wouldn't wanna live in a world where a film like TFA is considered ****. Thank God its an opinion exclusive to a tiny group of vitriol-filled millennials who get off by speaking their contrarian online voices.

Can't wait to read their nonsensical "EPISODE VIII is a carbon copy of..." rants in two years when Rian Johnson delivers a Best Picture Nominee and the film grosses another $2 Billion.

Yup. It's just the day and age we reside in. If Empire came out today it would be loved and bashed all the same.

No matter what it is, people these days like to focus on the negatives about something rather than the positives. We'd rather find and hone in on the faults in people and things, rather than the good qualities. I attribute some of it to self loathing.

No matter what it is, people these days like to focus on the negatives about something rather than the positives. We'd rather find and hone in on the faults in people and things, rather than the good qualities. I attribute some of it to self loathing.

I had never considered that, but it rings true.

Yep! Pretty much this.

I can't even go to game forums anymore to discuss the kind of video games I like. The only time I go anywhere near them is when I need to check out info about key aspects, quests, mechanics, etc. People are just so negative now.

Granted, I used to be a bit like that when I was younger, but I would say it was more lingering teenage angst than anything. :p

I think a lot of milennials are also afraid of judgment towards themselves, or rejection. So bashing others' opinions or just things in general, gives them some twisted sense of validity about themselves. Combine that with the anonymous platform of the Internet and it's no holds barred.

It's very rare, to me at least, to hear someone say that they really like something. The general response seems to be "Eh, it was alright." And then they immediately start listing what they didn't like about it. Even if they say it was "alright", that still leaves room for positives, but they choose to hone in on the negatives.

I really liked Kylo Ren and I hope he is a monster villain now in the sequel. The Force Awakens is nearly as good as Empire Strikes back, for me. The new characters are just really enjoyable and the lightsaber battles were some of the best.

The ONLY flaw in the film, in my opinion, is the Starkiller base. Strategically, scientifically and logically... asinine. One and done super powers are kind of moot when you are trying to "Rule the Galaxy!"

I think a lot of milennials are also afraid of judgment towards themselves, or rejection. So bashing others' opinions or just things in general, gives them some twisted sense of validity about themselves. Combine that with the anonymous platform of the Internet and it's no holds barred.

It's very rare, to me at least, to hear someone say that they really like something. The general response seems to be "Eh, it was alright." And then they immediately start listing what they didn't like about it. Even if they say it was "alright", that still leaves room for positives, but they choose to hone in on the negatives.

:lecture I agree. I sense deep-rooted insecurities and a NEED for validation behind most of this stuff.

I talk about how much i like something or if i do not like something i do not say anything at all. We all have our opinions i'm not going to bash someone because we do not agree about something like a movie or figure.

I hope the next super power is force related. That would make me wet my pants.

I hope there isn't another super weapon period; even if it were a super weapon based around the force it would still be rather repetitive and dull. Star Wars can work perfectly fine without a super weapon to blow up at the end of the film; look at TESB, the best film of all. No super weapon.

The ONLY flaw in the film, in my opinion, is the Starkiller base. Strategically, scientifically and logically... asinine. One and done super powers are kind of moot when you are trying to "Rule the Galaxy!"

True.

It's funny also because I recall in a thread, not sure if it was this one or not, people saying how it was humorous that technology never advances in the SW Galaxy. With Starkiller Base, I suppose you could say they figured out how to build and camouflage Death Stars inside planets as opposed to having them essentially be large, conspicuous battle cruisers. :lol

Ironically my main complaint with TPM back in the day was that it was too much like a Disney film.

Complainers make the most noise by their very nature. That's why "the prequels suck" isn't a universal opinion even if it seems that way (though I dare say more people dislike the PT than TFA).

Back