1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 320 - Star Wars Ep.VII - Kylo Ren

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was in no hurry to see this movie, kinda over SW so saw a few spoiler reviews read some spoiler filled articles and... want this fig and to see movie asap. ren sounds like a great character.

was in no hurry to see this movie, kinda over SW so saw a few spoiler reviews read some spoiler filled articles and... want this fig and to see movie asap. ren sounds like a great character.

Think you're in the wrong section of the forums. This is for a Star Wars fans. JK.

Its hard for me to see that happening just because you know there is going to be multiple versions of this figure. If they put out 3 versions of this before ep.8 even comes out it wouldnt shock me one bit. I think thats going to hold the price down. Same thing happened with the Dark Knight Joker figures. Price went up for a short time, but then nosedived because they kept releasing new ones that killed the ebay market for the old ones.

To which figures do you refer? All the eBay Jokers I see are still way above original retail....
I was delighted to get mine for 70 above retail....

Only figure I see go for below retail are
The Crow
The Mandarin
Amber
Jack Sparrow ( JK seeing if you were actually reading...)

If you're one of the people wanting a "complete" version with Adam Driver head, battle damage, burned Vader helmet, or whatever else is on your wish-list, I guess you should wait.

If you're like me and don't give a damn about that stuff since all that stuff would stay in the box anyway...then absolutely buy it. I have no regrets and stare at this beauty every day.

FullSizeRender_zpsodjyxb8o.jpg

My sentiments as well. Precisely why I pulled the trigger on this one.

Nice pose by the way.

To which figures do you refer? All the eBay Jokers I see are still way above original retail....

The Crow
The Mandarin
Amber

MGS3 The Boss can be had pretty cheap too haha. I bought it for about $120.

The Crow
The Mandarin
Amber

Bank Robber Joker. Before 2.0 was released, I am not kidding, you couldnt find the bank robber joker new for under $600. Some were $800. 2.0 came out, prices dropped off a cliff.

Kylo sells out, ebay prices soar, Kylo DX is announced, prices nosedive. Happens every single time. Economics 101.

bank robber joker hot toys | eBay

Bank Robber Joker. Before 2.0 was released, I am not kidding, you couldnt find the bank robber joker new for under $600. Some were $800. 2.0 came out, prices dropped off a cliff.

Kylo sells out, ebay prices soar, Kylo DX is announced, prices nosedive. Happens every single time. Economics 101.

bank robber joker hot toys | eBay

You have to take into account the ~2 year wait in between releases though. As with anything, you can buy this years model or wait a couple years and buy used from someone else and save a few bucks. Being a consumer 101 :lol

My sentiments as well. Precisely why I pulled the trigger on this one.

Nice pose by the way.

Ok, is it worth pre-ordering now then? I would prefer to wait for a few more weeks to get some money together but I'm not sure whether the figure will sell out quickly. Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this stuff :lol :slap

Ok, is it worth pre-ordering now then? I would prefer to wait for a few more weeks to get some money together but I'm not sure whether the figure will sell out quickly. Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to this stuff :lol :slap

I dunno, I hear they ramped up production again, I doubt they will miss this opportunity to sell as many as they can....

Might be the first time we see a glut of extra figures laying around.....

Anyone care to comment?

I dunno, I hear they ramped up production again, I doubt they will miss this opportunity to sell as many as they can....

Might be the first time we see a glut of extra figures laying around.....

Anyone care to comment?

Yeah, don't see that happening. Where'd you "hear" about their production plans?

To even compare The MGS3 Boss figure to a Kylo Ren figure is just downright crazy :cuckoo:

I wasn't exactly... Just to Hot Toys figures in general. I think it's just specific, popular brands like Batman, Star Wars, and Avengers that really hold their value. Everything else tends to go down in price.

I heard that he's supposed to be arriving at SSC at the end of this month, so I presume you would probably have a few more weeks if you PO it right before they get him in.

I don't see him selling out between now and that time.

There's a YouTube video review that has been uploaded this week and the guy states that he got the kylo ren figure early from ssc. I take it they have them in stock?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back