1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 319 - First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modded my heavy gunner helmet air vents with a gundam fine marker :)
image.jpg

Late to the game with this set but holy hell are they a posing nightmare. I think hot toys has to get hit with false advertising on these lol. I may pick up the officer down the line for the right price. But im def done with first order troopers.

To be fair now that im looking at the box inlay and some of the promo shots the hand is not holding the grip of the gun lol. Guess they gave up too lol Were suckers.

Last edited:
They will pose will a little work...still in the fat suit....

IMG_4360.jpg

Yea i saw that but i dont want to leave the knee bent like that. I cant keep that damn right hand from popping out. Poor design on these. Material, not rubber gaskets in the joints would have done worlds better. Someone called them stifftroopers. They certainly are.

Got these guys the other day!

They are awesome! The heavy gunner was a pain to pose but I think it turned out nice in the end. :) I really like the design of the first order Stormtroopers, I actually like them more the original. :eek:

Very, very late to this thread, but I got my stormtrooper set last week and found the heavy gunner to be absolutely agonizing to pose correctly. No matter what I tried the hand just kept popping off, and there's simply no way you can pose this figure to match what's displayed on the box.

It's exceptionally disappointing, but I did get it to pose finally and similarly to Robban's images above. Has anyone been able to pose it in a firing stance?

Figured I'd post this here

Review of the 1/6 scale Hot Toys Heavy Gunner Stormtrooper from Star Wars Ep VII. 1/6 Kylo drops by with his opinion...

Most of my reviews will have a humor aspect to them

Ok, cool. Where does the magnet go on the Megablaster?
Tony Mei has the video showing the trooper WITH the magnet mod but he doesn't actually show how he did it, and for the life of me I've searched the threads trying to find out how it was done but can't figure out WHERE on the heavy blaster the magnet goes? I've used magnets on 1/6 figure before to attach custom backpacks but can't see where on the Heavy Blaster the magnet could conceivably be concealed. I've got the figure and removed the fat suit and those arm pads AND I've got the correct magnets to do the job but don't want to start pulling the blaster apart without knowing EXACTLY where the magnet goes. Help me Obi-Mei Kenobi, your my only hope....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tony Mei has the video showing the trooper WITH the magnet mod but he doesn't actually show how he did it, and for the life of me I've searched the threads trying to find out how it was done but can't figure out WHERE on the heavy blaster the magnet goes? I've used magnets on 1/6 figure before to attach custom backpacks but can't see where on the Heavy Blaster the magnet could conceivably be concealed. I've got the figure and removed the fat suit and those arm pads AND I've got the correct magnets to do the job but don't want to start pulling the blaster apart without knowing EXACTLY where the magnet goes. Help me Obi-Mei Kenobi, your my only hope....

Hey man,

I did figure it out. I have a post with pictures of the figure a couple pages back.

What I did was to slide a very narrow magnet into the gap in the white boxy portion of the mega-blaster, and another magnet under the back armor, on the inside, behind the black circle. I’m at work so I can’t get a good picture of it, but I edited a pic to show what I’m talking about.

a5c26a075f971419a152d1ec81222a8b.jpg

Here’s a pic of the back with the blaster attached. It is a very weak bond, because there’s a lot of plastic between the magnets, but it does work.

d747dfe11c0852dab00ef0353cdccbb8.jpg

I hope that helps you out.

Hey man,

I did figure it out. I have a post with pictures of the figure a couple pages back.

What I did was to slide a very narrow magnet into the gap in the white boxy portion of the mega-blaster, and another magnet under the back armor, on the inside, behind the black circle. I’m at work so I can’t get a good picture of it, but I edited a pic to show what I’m talking about.

Here’s a pic of the back with the blaster attached. It is a very weak bond, because there’s a lot of plastic between the magnets, but it does work.

Helped it certainly has! I've gently prised off the white cover of the heavy blaster and seen that theres not a whole lot of room in there for a magnet, so I'll have to source a thinner magnet than the one's that I've got! But now I know the solution thank's to your help I'm good. Thanks man and a very happy Christmas to you!

Helped it certainly has! I've gently prised off the white cover of the heavy blaster and seen that theres not a whole lot of room in there for a magnet, so I'll have to source a thinner magnet than the one's that I've got! But now I know the solution thank's to your help I'm good. Thanks man and a very happy Christmas to you!

Awesome!

Merry Christmas to you as well, brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone got any pictures of there stormtrooper smashed up?

Hey man,

what size magnets did you use and where'd you get them from? I would love to do this mod

what size magnets did you use and where'd you get them from? I would love to do this mod

I’m guessing these
92df5080287a0524933940b0f4bdc190.jpg

There great for all sort of uses with hot toys.
I use them for poses with my batman capes that would be impossible to hold otherwise

Back