1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 319 - First Order Stormtroopers (Regular & Heavy Gunner) set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any pics of how you ended up posing him?

Ended up with this:

04c93fe09423eb683182b15ea1881672.jpg

Spent a lot of time fiddling with the blaster with the trigger finger grip but wasn’t happy with the amount of stress it seemed to be putting on the right wrist joint when holding it in such a way that allowed for the left hand to hold up the barrel.

Yeah, I don't have a need for any ST troopers, but that's a pretty great deal.

Though I have seen these (and other ST troopers) figures at very low prices before, like the kind of low prices you never see modern 1/6 licensed figures go for.

The First Order troopers look like oversized Black Series figures, with less articulation. They ruin a good display. That above picture perfectly sums them up.

The First Order troopers look like oversized Black Series figures, with less articulation. They ruin a good display. That above picture perfectly sums them up.

Then why are you in the thread? I never get why people stick around in the threads of figures they claim to hate for years just to bash it. Move on.

I just saw this on BBTS:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/75825

After the discount, you're talking around $58 per figure. If you are into these figures, you can't beat that. Could easily build an army.

If they sell the figures for $58 it would clear out all their inventory. Putting over $400 up front to get a store credit is a good deal but clearly not enough of a good empty their inventory. They should just forget about the store credit and sell the figures for the discounted price... unless they are not allowed to do so.

Then why are you in the thread? I never get why people stick around in the threads of figures they claim to hate for years just to bash it. Move on.

How very democratic of you. The thread is for opinions on the figure, is it not? Do all those opinions need to be positive ones? This isn't Reddit. Okay then I'll be positive and say they're very beautiful figures, with amazing articulation and a very worthy addition to any display.

I have a few of these, the articulation, or the lack of it, kind of prevented them from being action figures. On top of that, the base of their shoes are having some kind of chemical reaction with the acrylic base.

If they sell the figures for $58 it would clear out all their inventory. Putting over $400 up front to get a store credit is a good deal but clearly not enough of a good empty their inventory. They should just forget about the store credit and sell the figures for the discounted price... unless they are not allowed to do so.

I was in Midtown Comics grabbing a figure once, and they could only offer a discount up to a certain point(I’m in there all the time so I went right away with the come on, we can do better for a regular lol) due to a deal with Sideshow, even for figures that are long sold out. I’d imagine BBTS abides by the same rules hence why they offer the store credit as the deal.

I was in Midtown Comics grabbing a figure once, and they could only offer a discount up to a certain point(I’m in there all the time so I went right away with the come on, we can do better for a regular lol) due to a deal with Sideshow, even for figures that are long sold out. I’d imagine BBTS abides by the same rules hence why they offer the store credit as the deal.
Yes, this is my understanding as well. Sideshow won't allow them to discount prices beyond a certain point, so they use store credit as a work around. That strategy will ensure that SSC can have a better chance of moving old stock from their own site, and it creates an illusion that all HT figures are more popular than some of them actually are. It seems to me that they should make exceptions for older figures that aren't even sold on Sideshow's site anymore, but I know some of the nu-Star Wars troopers can't seem to get sold no matter what SSC does.

Yes, this is my understanding as well. Sideshow won't allow them to discount prices beyond a certain point, so they use store credit as a work around. That strategy will ensure that SSC can have a better chance of moving old stock from their own site, and it creates an illusion that all HT figures are more popular than some of them actually are. It seems to me that they should make exceptions for older figures that aren't even sold on Sideshow's site anymore, but I know some of the nu-Star Wars troopers can't seem to get sold no matter what SSC does.

You have to wonder how much BBTS eats on the deal. Anyone know how much a company like that actually pays for HT or SSC figures?

Back