Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Has anybody had problems with the ears bending slightly?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Having owned the DX09 for a while now, I finally caved and picked this guy up. I'm surprised at how great this release is -- the suit looks very polished, the ratchet joints are nice, and I feel as if the paint on the portrait (thanks to advances in intervening years) is better.

I really don't think the cape is that bad.

I love how sharp he looks overall.

My only disappointment is that a Hot Toys Returns Catwoman is truly a grail now -- and seemingly unlikely to happen. But surely they know she would likely sell very well?

I won't post photos tonight as it's too dark, but this is an amazing HT release. Glad they finally got to him, and glad I caved.

This is going to be my #2 (and #3 I guess lol) 1/6th HT. Can't wait to receive it!

Having owned the DX09 for a while now, I finally caved and picked this guy up. I'm surprised at how great this release is -- the suit looks very polished, the ratchet joints are nice, and I feel as if the paint on the portrait (thanks to advances in intervening years) is better.

My only disappointment is that a Hot Toys Returns Catwoman is truly a grail now -- and seemingly unlikely to happen. But surely they know she would likely sell very well?

I won't post photos tonight as it's too dark, but this is an amazing HT release. Glad they finally got to him, and glad I caved.

I wouldn't put stock on any more Burton movie figures being made. Yes, Howard Chan promised Catwoman, Penguin and the 66 Batmobile, but those were different times, being pre-DCEU, Star Wars, and Marvel was only in first gear. Times have changed and so have their priorities.

I wouldn't put stock on any more Burton movie figures being made. Yes, Howard Chan promised Catwoman, Penguin and the 66 Batmobile, but those were different times, being pre-DCEU, Star Wars, and Marvel was only in first gear. Times have changed and so have their priorities.

Only one DCEU movie in 2018, so once they release all the Justice League figures that might leave them a window to at least get Catwoman out in 2019. That's what I'm hoping anyway. :lol

One of my favorite figures. I don’t own the DX09 so I will have yet to compare them myself.
I agree about the cape, it isn’t that bad once you futz with it a little, and it definitely amazingly stands out in the collection.
Two things to be careful with, keep the figure away so it doesn’t get dusted and you probably know this but the eyes are difficult to adjust back to normal once you move them.

Only one DCEU movie in 2018, so once they release all the Justice League figures that might leave them a window to at least get Catwoman out in 2019. That's what I'm hoping anyway. :lol

You and me both. I'm just saying I wouldn't get my hopes up because it doesn't seem like Howard Chan has anymore interest in it.

Also, only ONE DCEU movie next year? So there is a God!

北京国安;9394690 said:
I've tried returns head & dx09 body they don't fit well

But my cape fits both head and body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool thanks. Do you know if it's because there isn't much space between the cowl and body? Is there any fabric that would drape well that could fit between those two? Looking for something that could fit nicely and would look as good as your capes on other figures.

e99549a1e7e3f204b8d40d714f7cb0a5.jpg

One of my favorite figures. I don’t own the DX09 so I will have yet to compare them myself.
I agree about the cape, it isn’t that bad once you futz with it a little, and it definitely amazingly stands out in the collection.
Two things to be careful with, keep the figure away so it doesn’t get dusted and you probably know this but the eyes are difficult to adjust back to normal once you move them.

I've heard complaints about lack of ankle articulation and the cape, but to be honest (and this coming from a huge DX09 fan) -- time passes and manufacturing advances.

I think I prefer the texture of the suit (the DX09 has this rougher texture going on that isn't really screen accurate, if I recall), the cape is much easier to deal with, the paint on the portrait looks sharper to me, no delicate PERS to worry about breaking, ratchet joints work well, and the stature of the figure is taller and more imposing.

After taking the time to compare, this one does feel like an upgrade to me.

They're both stellar pieces, and Burton's Batman remains my favourite depiction of him in film to-date.

*Edit: That doesn't mean I wouldn't try a custom cape as well -- always good to have options.

I think this is a bit of an underrated figure because so many fans of the Burton films that supposedly wanted this so bad decided to turn against it because they were mad that Hot Toys didn’t make it when they originally expected it (even though nothing was ever promised beyond a teaser post on Facebook).

I think the lack of any other figures from Batman Returns hurt it most. Those that already had the 89 version and Joker wouldn't really need this. If they'd made at least Catwoman I suspect a lot more collectors would have felt the need to pick this up.

I think this is a bit of an underrated figure because so many fans of the Burton films that supposedly wanted this so bad decided to turn against it because they were mad that Hot Toys didn’t make it when they originally expected it (even though nothing was ever promised beyond a teaser post on Facebook).

I think the lack of any other figures from Batman Returns hurt it most. Those that already had the 89 version and Joker wouldn't really need this. If they'd made at least Catwoman I suspect a lot more collectors would have felt the need to pick this up.

Could easily be a factor. I really do think it's underrated. In photos and videos I thought, hey, it's just a variant, pick one...but in-hand it feels different.

Could easily be a factor. I really do think it's underrated. In photos and videos I thought, hey, it's just a variant, pick one...but in-hand it feels different.

Yeah it's a beautiful figure alright, even with almost no articulation. I'm not fussy about screen accuracy so I have my Returns Batman standing with the DX08 Joker. They are patiently awaiting Catwoman to join them on the shelf. :impatient: Hurry up Hot Toys.

I have the 89 Batman, 89 Joker, AND two Batman Returns figure. One with cowl, the other with Keaton head sculpt. Love them all. I do wish for more BMR figures though, like Catwoman and Penguin.

This is still a great figure. They articulation is a moot point though since Keaton could barely move in the suit anyways lol.

A Catwoman and Penguin teaser on Christmas Eve would be amazing.

He could kick, he could run, he could crouch, he could sit, none of which this figure can do.

This and the DX09 are great looking, sturdy, well made figures, but the one piece rubber body suit was a lazy design. It's not even authentic.

Have to concur. I'm so tempted to get another one and take a scalpel to the suit to build and articulated version, but my days of customizing seem to be behind me. Just can't find the time or motivation these days.

He could kick, he could run, he could crouch, he could sit, none of which this figure can do.

This and the DX09 are great looking, sturdy, well made figures, but the one piece rubber body suit was a lazy design. It's not even authentic.

Agree with the kicking, punching, crouching etc but I don't mind that he has no head movement, it would almost look off if we could turn his head to the sides, :lol
I think that's why I've never really like the Premium Format version.

I hope HT revisit this or the 89 suit in 1/4 scale. They've done Bale and Ledger in that scale so why not Keaton and Nicholson next? :pray:

The Keaton body spin was always just part of the character to me. As a child I thought nothing of it.

Sure, in reality not being able to turn your head would be a disadvantage but in a fantasy world I was able to believe that this was all part of his intimidation - it actually made him seem hyper-alert.

Back