Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Thank's for the quick reply! I like both looks actually so it's more about the quality of the figure and how they might hold up over time.

I have an 89 Joker on the way but would have no issue pairing a Returns Batman with him, it's still Keaton. Just want the best Keaton Bats, Joker and when Hot Toys get round to it a Pfeiffer Catwoman to have a Burton Batman display.

Do you have to get the two pack to get the ripped cowl? A tuxedo Bruce Wayne holds no interest to me but the torn cowl and Keaton sculpt on the Batsuit does look kinda cool.

Yes, you have to get the two pack unless you buy the parts you need on eBay. I agree that the Returns Batman is the better of the 2. The suit looks a lot more visually appealing than the 89 suit.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

They'll look great beside each other, I just prefer the cleaner lines of the returns suit.
Yeah you have to get the two pack, I got it but I was really not impressed with the Keaton headsculpt
9790076515868eddcabaf8a4fe74d4b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll look great beside each other, I just prefer the cleaner lines of the returns suit.
Yeah you have to get the two pack, I got it but I was really not impressed with the Keaton headsculpt
9790076515868eddcabaf8a4fe74d4b8.jpg

REDxSHADOWx90 said:
Yes, you have to get the two pack unless you buy the parts you need on eBay. I agree that the Returns Batman is the better of the 2. The suit looks a lot more visually appealing than the 89 suit.

Thank's guys, that's helped make my mind up. :)

Think I'll try and pick up the ripped cowl and Keaton sculpt separately rather than buy the two pack. I'm sure I remember seeing a video with a decent 3rd party custom Keaton sculpt that looked better than the HT version.

^^^ Thanks! I see some sets going for sub-retail prices. Hoping to catch another one in that category. I want one.

I'm really struggling to decide whether to go for this or the DX09 89 version. For anyone that has had both in hand which would you recommend?

I recommend the dx09...he is more gothic and the face's scupt is better. However both 89 and 92 are two "must have" :)

Problem is I can only afford one so its either or. Looking at pics and videos I think the 92 cowl looks much better than the 89.

Is there a decent third party Keaton sculpt out there that would look good on the torn cowl? Really not feeling that HT one.

Think I'll try and pick up the ripped cowl and Keaton sculpt separately rather than buy the two pack. I'm sure I remember seeing a video with a decent 3rd party custom Keaton sculpt that looked better than the HT version.

But then you can't display Batman with his cowl on unless you change your display every once in a while. I bought the 2 pack for below retail, and then bought a separate Batman figure by himself. So I display Batman with cowl and a Batman with the ripped cowl with Keaton head. Kept the Batman figure complete while selling everything from the 2 pack that I didn't use. I ended up saving a lot of money from doing that and I was really happy I got to display both looks.

But then you can't display Batman with his cowl on unless you change your display every once in a while. I bought the 2 pack for below retail, and then bought a separate Batman figure by himself. So I display Batman with cowl and a Batman with the ripped cowl with Keaton head. Kept the Batman figure complete while selling everything from the 2 pack that I didn't use. I ended up saving a lot of money from doing that and I was really happy I got to display both looks.

I really couldn't justify getting two and I probably won't use that torn cowl look very often unless I can find a more accurate Keaton sculpt.

I really couldn't justify getting two and I probably won't use that torn cowl look very often unless I can find a more accurate Keaton sculpt.

0813171535.jpg
This is how I display mine. This is with my old lighting though. I will post a more recent picture later on. O didn't capture it well in the picture but I have the torn cowl displayed at the feet of Bruce.

I have no clue at all why the image is flipped. It isn't flipped on my computer

Just got this guy. Very happy with the figure but as expected the cape is horrible. I think unreal toys and Jaxon both do custom capes for this figure. For anyone that has gone the custom route which would you recommend?

Just got this guy. Very happy with the figure but as expected the cape is horrible. I think unreal toys and Jaxon both do custom capes for this figure. For anyone that has gone the custom route which would you recommend?

Iv got a Jaxon on one of. One and it's great I got the 1st Tony Meis version for the other and it's amazing but for the price Jaxon is just as good

Iv got a Jaxon on one of. One and it's great I got the 1st Tony Meis version for the other and it's amazing but for the price Jaxon is just as good

That's a non wired cape I assume? I just hate how this one puffs out however much you try and push it in.

Amazing figure overall though, glad I finally have a Keaton in the collection.

That's a non wired cape I assume? I just hate how this one puffs out however much you try and push it in.

Amazing figure overall though, glad I finally have a Keaton in the collection.

Yeah non wired, I also used mini magnets at the back to make it drape perfectly.

I heard there is 2 different versions of the batman returns figure , is this true ? Which version is better ?

I heard there is 2 different versions of the batman returns figure , is this true ? Which version is better ?

You can get just Batman or you can get Batman packaged with a Bruce Wayne in tuxedo.

The Batman figures in both are identical, with the same accessories, except the 2-pack Batman also has the "torn cowl" you can use to have Bruce Wayne's head on Batman's body.

Anyone selling a batman returns in the uk?

Back