Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

c4c154c0000cf88c897ca1d975f0a983.jpg
My favorite figure at the moment.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I got mine a few weeks ago but had an issue with the under suit or something bunching under suit of the left arm bicep, so had to have it exchanged.

Got it back and took some pics, everything is stock

JMQhEXY.jpg

rk4Zsf2.jpg

Beautiful photos and set up Frank, almost looks like 1:1 Keaton. It makes me ashamed to follow after you with my wonderful phone camera picture :thud:

Got mine set up and on display yesterday, also stock cape with magnets at the bottom of it. Not 100% happy with my pose but getting there. This is my first ever 1:6 figure so on a bit of a learning curve and paranoid when setting him up but am loving it this figure far.

His shelf presence is fantastic.

917a3058-5f2e-47eb-9a7a-2c74217ba72e_zpsioxn4flu.jpg

He needs a Catwoman at the very least Hot Toys....

Wow, some really awesome pictures guys! Really shows how beautiful a figure it is. That cowl IMO is the best version that's been done for Batman. So sleek, and angry, love it!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

View attachment 252116
View attachment 252117
View attachment 252118

Just opened this up today. A little buyer's remorse for the getting the double-pack with Keaton/Wayne. I had hoped his head sculpt would look better in-hand, but nope. I can only hope maybe there will be a custom sculpt available someday that does Keaton justice. Until then, Tuxedo Wayne will stay firmly in the box with the torn cowl.

As for Batman himself, I love the cowl. After putting him in my detolf it's amazing how much sharper and sleeker it looks compared to the '89. The rubber suit though on mine is frustrating. I'm not sure if others are experiencing this, but if I put his torso in anything other than a straight-as-an-arrow pose, the ab section sticks out and looks terrible. I noticed before I even took him out of the box his gut was popping out. I wanted to put a slight bend in the torso, but that suit is not having any of it. I'm not sure if mine is looser in that area than normal. I'm tempted to contact SSC to see if I can get a replacement body, but I don't know if it will be any better. And then I risk having problems in other areas.

Great looking figure though, and no other major issues with mine. Bring on the Cat and the Penguin. :pray:

:goodpost:

How in the hell did Frank get the stock cape to look like that.

Also, just can't shake this sense that everyone's figure is a deeper and glossier black than my scuffy dust magnet suit.

Yeah, I was kind of shocked at how soft the suit was. But it looks cool.

It's loose, don't worry about it, you get used to it. At first I thought the batman returns suit was made out of harder rubber, since the promo shots showed it that way, but once in hand, it's way softer than the 89 batman. But doesn't matter, in your pictures it looks fine, even from a distance...

I've had the two pack for over a month now, and while I love the Batman, the Bruce Wayne is meh. His hair is off, his skin tone is off. I've had my fair share of family and friends over and while they've been impressed with every other 1/6 figure I owned including the Returns Batman, no one is loving Bruce. In fact, some people don't even see Keaton in it. It's a shame, this should have been a home run.

DSC04899.jpg
DSC04901.jpg
DSC04834.jpg

How in the hell did Frank get the stock cape to look like that.

Also, just can't shake this sense that everyone's figure is a deeper and glossier black than my scuffy dust magnet suit.

I'd bet the color and glossiness has a lot to do with lighting. The pics I posted yesterday were taken in front of a large window during the day. So of course it really brought out the gloss and color. Once I put him in my lighted detolf I felt a little underwhelmed.

I've had the two pack for over a month now, and while I love the Batman, the Bruce Wayne is meh. His hair is off, his skin tone is off. I've had my fair share of family and friends over and while they've been impressed with every other 1/6 figure I owned including the Returns Batman, no one is loving Bruce. In fact, some people don't even see Keaton in it. It's a shame, this should have been a home run.

Yeah, it is a let down. I had high hopes it would look better in hand. Now I regret getting the double pack.

Does anyone know if you return something to Sideshow, do they reimburse you the full amount, minus shipping charges? Between the disappointing Keaton sculpt and my ab section that won't not stick-out, I'm thinking of returning the set and ordering a single Batman.

Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Thanks everyone!

The stock cape is a major ballache, I almost gave up and went the custom route but found a way for the folds to drape over the shoulders so the outwards fold you see is where his arms are and the very end of the cape - the fold bends inwards into the space between the arm and torso, only way I can describe it sorry!

The dark tone on my pictures is probably because I shot quite dark and the blue from the led lights is toning the overall picture.

Mine also is a dust magnet, I had to dust it before I took those photos and I only took it out of the box the day before yesterday!

Finally got Superman. So I displayed him next to Batman and refutzed Bats' stock cape:
043f9b716b5e18117db087ab45de14d4.jpg
bddb051aefccfa9983b07a91129748c1.jpg
10c1f9cdd9ae184da62f906c91ee4a5a.jpg

Sent from the bat cave

beautiful pics...

If anyone is interested in a Tony Mei 1.0 Returns cape, let me know. I recently received my order, but it ended up being the final version (just like the final 89' cape). It doesn't have the folded in front edge and that real leather look. So I was able to get one of the last two 1st version Returns capes he had. I just lost my job, so now I really need to sell it. So if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks,
Travis

If anyone is interested in a Tony Mei 1.0 Returns cape, let me know. I recently received my order, but it ended up being the final version (just like the final 89' cape). It doesn't have the folded in front edge and that real leather look. So I was able to get one of the last two 1st version Returns capes he had. I just lost my job, so now I really need to sell it. So if anyone is interested, please PM me.

Thanks,
Travis

Pm sent

Great pics, guys!

Finally got my notice, my Batman's ready for pick up today, but would be able to drop by the store on Saturday. Glad it's finally here though! :D

Question: What would people recommend?

I have a choice to buy either the HT Batman Returns Bats or the HT Arkham City Bats. I know some think this is a question of apples and oranges, but indulge me here. Both are beautiful, high quality figures (of that there is no question), but try to answer without recourse to source material (i.e. disregard personal taste as to the respective merits of Batman Returns as a movie or Batman: Arkham City as a video game).

If you HAD to own ONLY ONE of these figures - which one would it be?

902249-batman-arkham-city-013.jpg

902399-batman-010.jpg

Back