Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

By the way thanks to everyone who offered words of sympathy here, I know I didn't directly respond to you all but I did read your comments. Heck I ignored other people's QC concerns until it happened to me, so thanks to you chaps.

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

By the way thanks to everyone who offered words of sympathy here, I know I didn't directly respond to you all but I did read your comments. Heck I ignored other people's QC concerns until it happened to me, so thanks to you chaps.

It sucks for anyone to have QC issues with HT, but I know you've been waiting for it so I feel you. :slap

Hopefully Timecent will do something for you because make no mistake this is a nice collectible piece to own or just display just on appearance alone, from the PERs down to the swappable mouth piece design

again if it had the right articulation it would be perfect IMO

Just waiting for my Mei cape to come to really put this piece over the top minus the articulation

Last edited:

If it helps any timcent has offered to change out all my damaged parts (body and head) but I'm eating the cost of return shipping. It's not ideal but it will work out cheaper than buying replacements. Pretty sour on the figure now though, I considered cutting my losses and parting him out to try and recoup the cost instead.

If it helps any timcent has offered to change out all my damaged parts (body and head) but I'm eating the cost of return shipping. It's not ideal but it will work out cheaper than buying replacements. Pretty sour on the figure now though, I considered cutting my losses and parting him out to try and recoup the cost instead.

Does he need you to send back the entire figure or just the parts that need replacing? For that matter I better check the rest of the package to see if everything else is present, correct and not breaking.

On another note, your pics really make the belt look like the proper shade of gold. Looks better than the DX 09s belt. Is it light trickery, or is it actually that shade in person?

The DX09 belt looks like this for me from the right angle/lighting at times. Which makes sense, as the belt in the movie sometimes looks gold and sometimes looks yellow.

Does he need you to send back the entire figure or just the parts that need replacing? For that matter I better check the rest of the package to see if everything else is present, correct and not breaking.

He just asked for the parts and said he would take them to hot toys hq and get them swapped for me. I imagine he must have a good relationship with them and with it being a new release he can get replacements pretty easy? Can't say enough how good his service is though, he's been very diligent and helpful in his replies

He just asked for the parts and said he would take them to hot toys hq and get them swapped for me. I imagine he must have a good relationship with them and with it being a new release he can get replacements pretty easy? Can't say enough how good his service is though, he's been very diligent and helpful in his replies

Good to know for the future..thanks for sharing his response :wave

Thanks. I had no fear of his customer service at all based on past experience. I'm only pissed off what a nuisance this is when I should be happily gearing up my Batman figure to proudly display on the shelf and instead I have to package him away and spend more money to ship him off again. As if Hot Toys didn't make us wait long enough for this one figure and now we have to worry about various breakages when we finally do get it.

Thanks. I had no fear of his customer service at all based on past experience. I'm only pissed off what a nuisance this is when I should be happily gearing up my Batman figure to proudly display on the shelf and instead I have to package him away and spend more money to ship him off again. As if Hot Toys didn't make us wait long enough for this one figure and now we have to worry about various breakages when we finally do get it.

Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost you to ship back to HK

I think the absolute minimum it would cost to ship back the whole figure (assuming registered/trackable shipping is a requirement) would be euro22.90. That's if it's a 2kg packet size box. If it's over 2kg it automatically becomes a 'parcel' and the price takes a jump up to euro41.50

Just checked Timcent's wrapper and it says 1.848kg so it should be 22.90.

Last edited:

I think the absolute minimum it would cost to ship back the whole figure (assuming registered/trackable shipping is a requirment) would be euro22.90. That's if it's a 2kg packet size box. If it's over 2kg it automatically becomes a 'parcel' and the price takes a jump up to euro41.50

Just checked Timcent's wrapper and it says 1.848kg so it should be 22.90.

That's almost $25 in dollars :panic: :Flush

Man no wonder you guys get annoyed with the QC

I just opened and posed my Batman Returns figure. My figure does not have any elbow or gauntlet spike issues.

The pose I chose was the one where he holds out the detonator device to show the Penguin. I do plan on getting Tony Mei's custom cape. His capes have the natural looking drape to them.

Overall its a excellent release from Hot Toys.

IMG_9448.JPG

The pose you have there implies that the cape does hang pretty well - certainly cleaner than the original. I work my original cape so that it in a dynamic flow, which gets over that issue!!
I nearly picked up the Batman figure in Hong Kong a couple of weeks back, as I figured I'd pass on the twin pack. Glad I didn't. My local shop here just emailed me saying the twin pack arrives next week, and a price that is only 400rmb ($30) more than the single edition. Looking forward to this. Haven't had a new Bats since Arkham.

Ahhhh man, decisions decisions. Timcent got back to me and is fully prepared to help. But now what do I want to do? Do I want the full refund or do I want an exchange...either way it's pretty much too late for me to return it today and I don't think I'll get a chance again until tuesday.

Yesterday I was thinking ''exchange'' until he offered full refund and that unexpectedly made me stop and start re-evaluating whether I need this figure in my collection at all. Damn you Hot Toys for putting me in this position, as if I'm not indecisive enough as it is.

Well, did any of it impress you broken elbow and gauntlets aside? If not, go Full refund.

Ahhhh man, decisions decisions. Timcent got back to me and is fully prepared to help. But now what do I want to do? Do I want the full refund or do I want an exchange...either way it's pretty much too late for me to return it today and I don't think I'll get a chance again until tuesday.

Yesterday I was thinking ''exchange'' until he offered full refund and that unexpectedly made me stop and start re-evaluating whether I need this figure in my collection at all. Damn you Hot Toys for putting me in this position, as if I'm not indecisive enough as it is.

Exchange and keep. It's Batman Returns, and the tainted experience that you have had to deal with will wear off when you get a brand spanking new perfect bats to display. I went through this with the old DX Batman, and was delighted I eventually got it replaced. my 2 cents..

Looking good Positron I like that detonator pose as well

This figure is perfect for recreating that moment when they did the closeup of his eyes in that sequence

Nice shots guys. I think I'm sticking with the stock cape. I did with the DX09, and it just requires a high level of futzing to make it look close to the film.

I would get the exchange, with the refund if you were planning to purchase it again you could encounter the same issues or worse at least going through the exchange Timcent will make sure to get you a good one :lecture

If you decide to wait the price might raise. The interest IMO will raise when people start getting them from SSC, as it seems to do with Keaton Bats. To this day there are still posts on the DX09 thread about the figure

I don't think the limited articulation is going to stop collectors from enjoying this piece since I imagine a lot of them will just be happy with a museum pose on their shelves or detoifs

If that's the case the appearance alone of this figure is worth it.

Back