Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Sorry to hear guys I know it feels.well I do feel hot toys half ass this one for sure.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Sorry to hear that man. As well as my broken headsculpt I had two of the gauntlet spikes rattling round in the box

This fig was the one that got me back in to the hot toys game so Im really gutted about the qc problems

Thanks, I'm also wondering if mine has the head problem that yours has. It seems kinda loose, doesn't attach firmly. I may have a Batman Returns returns candidate here unfortunately.

Thanks, I'm also wondering if mine has the head problem that yours has. It seems kinda loose, doesn't attach firmly. I may have a Batman Returns returns candidate here unfortunately.

Does the socket look damaged on yours? Or is there a problem with the neck peg?

During my quick unboxing I could get the head to stay on without the cape attached, but in no way securely. With the cape attached it was a no go, and wouldn't even sit on the peg.

Timcent has offered to replace the head for me luckily but I'm wondering if I need the body replacing too, I didn't even check the joints either which after the issues you've got adev I'm thinking I should.

I remember seeing a head swap video between the DX09 and this one and they did say something about the head being loose on the 89 body with the cape on, I don't know if it's related to this issue or not... :huh

Looking at it, the head thing isn't a breakage issue on mine. The 'neck' joint part inside the cowl is held in with a screw and it kinda wobbles around this screw rather than being secured firmly. So when I attach it to the plug on the body the entire head kinda wobbles and doesn't seat itself as low and as firmly as I would like, particularly with the cape on. Maybe this could be solved by glueing the internal neck joint into its place inside the head in addition to the screw. However, I'm not going to do this on mine because it will probably have to go back anyway due to the broken arm. **** it anyway.

Beautiful figure by the way, but obviously immediate QC issues puts a dampener on the whole damn thing.

The boots were a point of discussion before and yeah the only movement you get out of them is rotation of the entire boot around the calves, what with them being a separate part. This wouldn't bother me in a huge way though, I'd be OK with a museum pose on this.

Beautiful figure by the way, but obviously immediate QC issues puts a dampener on the whole damn thing.

The boots were a point of discussion before and yeah the only movement you get out of them is rotation of the entire boot around the calves, what with them being a separate part. This wouldn't bother me in a huge way though, I'd be OK with a museum pose on this.

Very much agree, after the intital reveal pics were a little disappointing I was impressed with how nice it is out of the box. I sprung for the double pack and the Keaton sculpt is also a lot better in hand, though the brow and mouth arent as accurate as they should be which is throwing the likeness off

**** mine is on it's way (slowly) from timcent. hearing about these issues has dampened my enthusiasm. Sorry to hear about this. What's the arm issue? is it broken inside suit?

There's actually 2 separate problems with the right elbow on mine.

The first one that I noticed right away was that it was looser than the left - there appeared to be little-to-no ratcheting in the joint like there is in the other elbow.

Then the whole forearm just slid off with 2 little broken pieces coming loose. I don't think I can even get the forearm piece back inside the fabric sheath now, and if I did it obviously would not be secure because the connection point is broken. And even at that, the faulty ratchet-joint would remain a problem.

**** thats awful. Send it straight back, "new toy" joy somewhat destroyed. :(

Well, this settles it, i'm going to cancel my order, and spend the funds on other figures. 3 years since the announcement, these problems shouldn't occur. I bet Iron Man Toys will quickly bury this figure under a deluge of Iron Man and Star Wars figures.

Pissed right off at the moment. It's not Timcent's fault that HT ****ed up on the QC but from what I can tell the shipping expense is going to be on me.

There's actually 2 separate problems with the right elbow on mine.

The first one that I noticed right away was that it was looser than the left - there appeared to be little-to-no ratcheting in the joint like there is in the other elbow.

Then the whole forearm just slid off with 2 little broken pieces coming loose. I don't think I can even get the forearm piece back inside the fabric sheath now, and if I did it obviously would not be secure because the connection point is broken. And even at that, the faulty ratchet-joint would remain a problem.

:horror oh does that suck, I'm sure Timcent will replace it for you, but man what a downer. Mine was fine out of the box, I guess it's luck of the draw once again..the QC on these is such a risk :thud:

That sucks. You bought from Timecent right a-dev? Hopefully he could just send you a new body or something with one gauntlet instead of you having to ship the whole thing back.

On another note, your pics really make the belt look like the proper shade of gold. Looks better than the DX 09s belt. Is it light trickery, or is it actually that shade in person?

That sucks. You bought from Timecent right a-dev? Hopefully he could just send you a new body or something with one gauntlet instead of you having to ship the whole thing back.

On another note, your pics really make the belt look like the proper shade of gold. Looks better than the DX 09s belt. Is it light trickery, or is it actually that shade in person?

It's definitely a duller shade than the DX09 belt. Is that good?

I can't see Timcent sending me an entire new body. You mean with the batsuit included? I don't know how the batsuit can even be removed from the base body.

In person IMO the symbol and belt are spot on to the film's accuracy, the belt can look gold in certain lights and darker yellow in others. Yes it is a little bit more detailed and much sleeker than the DX09 and the magnet seems stronger to hold the grapple gun and remote better than the magnet on the DX09 :lecture

I can't see Timcent sending me an entire new body. You mean with the batsuit included? I don't know how the batsuit can even be removed from the base body.

The body is parted out on ebay, so if Tim sent you a new body, it will probably be with the bat suit attached. Does he have the resources to just send parts?

Not sure. Maybe he will send you just the base figure body without the extra hands or accessories.

Yeah, the belt is a good thing.

And when I said body, I meant suit/body of course since yeah, the suit can't be taken off. The reason I mentioned it is because he has a ton that he parts out for sale. I don't know what his policies are on that stuff though. Hopefully it works out.

It is an absolute dust magnet as others have reported, much like the MMS067. Probably more susceptible to scuffs than the DX09 with its smoother suit texture. That's kind of annoying.

I'll see what Timcent says about the return.

Back