Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Check his avatar. :lol

Haha, I know...

I don't ever call people out, but I don't think I've ever encountered someone that can be so arrogant, condescending and absolutely lack any bit of humility like him. I really wonder if he's ever taken a second to read what he writes/says. And I wonder if that's how he actually talks to people in real life! For his sake, I sincerely hope it's not...

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

CITATION NEEDED.

lmao. the irony is too good.

All prototype sculpts, for all hot toys figures are originally sculpted in 1/4 scale. Every 1/6 figure you have, its prototype head, the first to be sculpted, is 1/4

I've never heard anything to suggest that. Citation needed.

Is this thread for both the single Batman and the Batman and Bruce Wayne set?

I have the 1/6 Keaton Batman figure and still LOVE it. I've had no problems with it at all. It is one of my favorite pieces. So, I am not really planing to get this version unless they have made significant advances that really wow me in terms of construction and materials. If the articulation is significantly better I might consider it. And if the cape is a lot better I might consider it, or at least look for one parted out. If I didn't already have the old one I wouldn't hesitate to get this one, but I am 100% satisfied with what I got.

I don't care about the two pack. I like the Keaton head and the torn mask, but not enough to want Wayne in a tux. I was hoping when I heard they were doing a Batman Returns figure that they would include an option to do this...
batman-returns-bat-wings-e1375149203379.jpg

I would take the wings over having Bruce Wayne any day and I also wouldn't have minded getting a version like that to go WITH the one I already have.

Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post

I am rarely, if ever, wrong..

Aside from, oh you know, two periods at the end of a sentence.

News just in. JC Hong's hands are 13" long and 6" wide. True story.

If you're gonna act like a know-it-all, you better be a know-it-all.

People who know (close to) it all rarely ever act like they do. :lecture

Screw that!
Buy direct from Hong Kong, get it within 3 days of release and pay less!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What seller do you use to get direct from Hong Kong tho!?

News just in. JC Hong's hands are 13" long and 6" wide.

That's what I was thinking! I'm certain a 1/4 scale head wouldn't look that tiny in someone's hands. You can see his fingers, and the head is clearly 1/6 scale!

Here ya go TheMayor. Bear in mind, this is just a few. There were too many for me to quote/list them all.

Quotes by TheMayor regarding HT Batman Returns release date, all from the old/closed "DX15" thread

-Well that's what I have been saying all along, I expect a July to August reveal with it being in hand by end of 2016-early 2017 at the earliest.

-Im gone for two months from here and I come back only to see the exact same thing all over again. Pretty sad indeed. Everyone said "oh they will release it when Keaton is in the limelight" Well that didn't happen. People continue mindlessly to have the utmost faith for Hot Toys. Everything I have been saying has only come to pass. Expect a 2017-2018 release for this fig.

-Not really, you guys are just being unrealistic. Based on past works, like I said before, this will be officially announced in summer of this year with a late 2016 early 2017 release, at the earliest.

-Based on there past history I would venture 2017-2018 in hand, 2019 at the latest.

-No need to exaggerate, I said the latest would be 2019. but most likely a 2017 to 2018 release. That is my estimate there. No where did I ever say 2021.

I think it's time to elect a new mayor...
aac3c4ee9d369f9de86d1ed73a792990.jpg

Did a SS Chat today- looking like Feb-March.

It's like waiting for a 1966 bat mobile at this point. Feels like anything dc is on the back burner until the batman vs superman hype starts building up. Just like they are capitalizing on Star Wars for now. I hope. I really don't want to know how will they pull off the seams and the catwoman suit.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Did a SS Chat today- looking like Feb-March.

No surprise there. This is likely dropping in HK next month.

Looking forward to this Batman. Any news on a Catwoman or Penguin?

We'll get both. If they show up in Civil War.

All prototype sculpts, for all hot toys figures are originally sculpted in 1/4 scale. Every 1/6 figure you have, its prototype head, the first to be sculpted, is 1/4

Citation needed.

Sorry but that's just not the case. Some company's do larger prototypes (some times referee to as 2ups, like the 4h did with motu 200x) to make it easier to sculpt details and other engineering things. But that's not how the majority are done. And it's not how hot toys does it.

Back