Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

In 2012 89 DX Batman was $220 - $230. How much more do you guys think the single Returns Batman will go for? There is no additional head or glider to warrant the obvious difference in price. So it would come down to only inflation.

Can't wait at first I thought HT needs to fix the belt color but then I found this

Must be the lighting that changes the belt color as you can see in the photo behind the suit or maybe this suit is the wrong color belt :dunno

Finally!
I was never interested in a Bruce Wayne sculpt, or the glider, so I'm pretty happy that I can just get Batman as a relative bare bones release. There's no need to spend any money on additional accessories I'll never use, especially since the figure itself will probably already be expensive enough as it is.
Can't wait to receive this, and with a Q3-Q4 release, I might actually have him in hand early next year. :)

Wasn't this going to be made n 1:4 as well as per their original teaser?

In 2012 89 DX Batman was $220 - $230. How much more do you guys think the single Returns Batman will go for? There is no additional head or glider to warrant the obvious difference in price. So it would come down to only inflation.
$260ish for Batman alone and $380ish for the set. They want people buying the set and Hong Kong prices are $170 for Batman & $274 to the set.

Wasn't this going to be made n 1:4 as well as per their original teaser?
They also were planning on doing Catwoman and Penguin but here we are.

This should shut up a lot of people ;)

The two pack really needs to come with another Bruce head. A damaged face would be perfect.

As of now if you use the damaged cowl your two pack just became a single. Which sucks.

if my math is correct I'll need to get

3 two packs-

1. For damaged cowl bats
2. Tux bruce, faceplate 1 bats
3. Sealed

4 single packs-

1. Faceplate 2 bats
2. Faceplate 3 bats
3. Display bats with returns batmobile
4. Sealed

if they included the glider that would have been another one to get.

I will also need a house to put this stuff in

Yeah they do. One just has his mouth a little more open....

View attachment 183339

I can't get over this^ I'm amazed they would knowingly make two such similar mouthpieces and that they would show them side by side, looking as they do, so similar - not even changing the viewing angle to make them seem different enough to be warranted.

Pretty useless. No one's going to say ''Oh I wanna change from the slighly open mouth to the slightly more open mouth'' :slap :dunno

Last edited:

:yess:

Honestly I think if the Keaton sculpt was just a bit thinner it'd look a lot better. Right now it seems like he has really puffy cheeks or something. I think the hair could be slightly tweaked to and seems to hang down over his forehead too much. I'm still likely in for the two pack though.

I wonder is this going to be a two pack and single release set like the cap WS and I hope the Damaged cowl isn't a SSC exclusive

Maybe SS will have a BD version BW cowl with the blood marks

Can't wait for the Kato tux and tie $4K combo and countless Tony Mei capes.

Lol you people and your headsculpt madness

This thing is ****ing amazing looking. The sculpt is close enough damn lol

Whens it go up for pre order?

I have 200 sideshow points just for this, but I'm dumb enough to buy this from the secret base, my friend in hk told me they are preordering, but just the goodies you get from getting it there is totally worth it. I still have my dx08 and dx09 batman bags!

I just can't stress enough how much the batman returns batman, I knew how to draw it from scratch as a kid and now look at it and it's perfect, I love this, and the fact it's coming out this year is awesome, I could wait for sideshow, but nahhhh I want this day one from hk asap

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I always hated partying out parts from a figure. Makes it feel incomplete seeing them empty. Thats my personal opinion tho.

Might as well just buy Batman and wait for ebay to make a rip off version of the cowl and sculpt.

:exactly:

My plan would be to do the same since I'm sure many will want the torn cowl and head scuplt, so it could very well wind up costing the same as to just buy the 2pk...

Definitely not for the OC collector, but probably a better deal for money. If Batman alone would cost just $80-100 cheaper compared to the 2-pack, I'd do as I stated earlier. Maybe I can sell the body with tux for $80, and I would end up having Batman plus the authentic broken cowl and Wayne head for the price (or almost) of Batman alone. IMO better than getting solo pack then spending $30 +$30 approximately for recast head and cowl. But then our mileages vary.

still more impressed with the first shots of the DX 09 than this, although it still looks to be an excellent batman figure

But I think the DX09 captured Keaton's likeness better; I could instantly see it was Keaton under the cowl.

Absolutely. I think the long wait for this has tricked people into thinking this is any good.

The Keaton sculpt is a very weak effort.

Back