Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

as impressive as it is, im going to pass as I own the first version(which is damn near perfect imo)

if they update the Keaton sculpt, might be a buy

Read some of the HT blogs and you find hints for Plans of a Cat-woman and Penguin.

Didn't the last interview with Howard say that they "are not currently developing" any other characters from Returns? In the blurb where he said Batman was indeed coming, but seemed to indicate that would be it.

EDIT: I think this might be it -- although it says Catwoman and Penguin will be delayed, not axed. So maybe there's hope. I feel like a character as unique as Penguin with so many detailed clothing bits may be difficult to bring to market for under $300.

06527D2D-4CFE-40DE-9E2D-87B2D09D7E57.jpg

Last edited:

Didn't the last interview with Howard say that they "are not currently developing" any other characters from Returns? In the blurb where he said Batman was indeed coming, but seemed to indicate that would be it.

That's my take on it, who knows, although I can understand how crazy catwoman must be in 1/6 form

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

That's my take on it, who knows, although I can understand how crazy catwoman must be in 1/6 form

I think I found the interview blurb -- posted above -- but it says likely delayed not cancelled. Though I do seem to recall reading somewhere from an HT source that they were not pursuing other Returns figures -- I remember that because up to that moment I was still interested in Batman thinking I'd be getting two villains too.

I am glad I got the original. A lot more accessories and the faceplates are dead on Michael Keaton. This not so much. I guess it's reflected in the single price along with the fewer accessories. I know it's a prototype, but remember the original one and the Joker were exact duplicates of the prototypes. I do like suit of this one better though, smoother and cleaner looking. Also the chest logo looks better then the original. The original bat logo looks off.
This would look great next to the Nolan/Bale set. If they indeed perfect the final sculpt I will get.

I think I found the interview blurb -- posted above -- but it says likely delayed not cancelled. Though I do seem to recall reading somewhere from an HT source that they were not pursuing other Returns figures -- I remember that because up to that moment I was still interested in Batman thinking I'd be getting two villains too.
There's a more recent interview with Howard saying that Penguin and Catwoman isn't being developed right now.

There's a more recent interview with Howard saying that Penguin and Catwoman isn't being developed right now.

OK, that's the one I'm thinking of and was trying to find. I thought I might have been mistaken so I'm glad someone else here remembers the article.

the only thing i dont like about the batman figure is the other 2 faceplates. Only the 1 looks good. But still at 220$ its mostly flawless.

I was on the fence for the longest time for the '89 version, and decided not to get him. I'm finding myself in a similar position here. Bats himself looks really good, but the articulation issues still remain apparently. Odd choosing two face plates that are so similar, instead of using one to give him a bit more character. Wayne sculpt isn't great, but for the extra $125 you get a Truetype body, the awesome broken cowl, a tuxedo, and the Wayne sculpt on top of that. Not a bad bargain.

The Cat and The Bird "pushed back for a bit" because they are "currently handling many projects at the moment" -- projects that weren't even on their list back in February 2012.

Apparently it's the same one. Just under "better light" and better painted.

None of that makes sense. Why show a ****** one then? Hell, why not photoshop it a little at least?

It can't be the same one. Look at the announcement pics and you'll see little hair strands around his forehead that is clearly missing on the head sculpt JC Hong's posted. The wrinkle details are a bit different too where the promo pics are way too busy.

Hot Toys really must have given up the DX line....very disappointing. Makes this release underwhelming.

for 30 usd more you can get a nice Keaton sculpt...

image.jpg

me, I'm only interested in the bad guys in Returns...

Hot Toys really must have given up the DX line....very disappointing. Makes this release underwhelming.

Why? It's just a logo on the box.
The earlier DX's just meant PERS and sometimes a nicer stand/dio.
PERS has also ruined a few figures because of having to squeeze the eye box into the head and cutting out deep holes in the sculpt.
And many figures now have dios/backgrounds/chairs/stands with them as part of the package....or in this case and others, a whole second figure.

Is is this good for pre order price in hk?
0f94adb2db3306da724a2eb0c731f247.jpg

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

OK, that's the one I'm thinking of and was trying to find. I thought I might have been mistaken so I'm glad someone else here remembers the article.

People keep saying that but I don't recall an interview regarding that.

Closure time:

q3.jpg

You're missing the point. This is the 1st Figure for Batman Returns.

Read some of the HT blogs and you find hints for Plans of a Cat-woman and Penguin.
So they're on the drawing board and that makes this very exciting.

I spent big bucks on the WGP Battle Damage Catwoman and it had problems.
But if Hot toys does all 3 BR characters, that would be a great set indeed and would
be less money than just the WGP Cat-woman.

So hell yeah, I'm on board, can't wait to see more, even if it's a year away.

Bring on the other BR figures!!!

:clap :clap :clap

You're lucky having BD Catwoman, great figure and very expensive.

But sorry, I can't see Cat and Penguin from HT at his moment... Sad but true.

Back