Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Thanks for the extra code. In the end I couldn't resist--ended up being $188 shipped to the U.S. I had been on the fence about it for the entire year.

What's the verdict on the Tony Mei "final version" cape, btw? From the few pics I've seen it looks...weird. I'll probably try the magnet trick on the stock cape first.

Was that $188 U.S. For the single figure or the two pack?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Good deal, thanks for the info man. I was a sucker for secret I.D. Figures since super powers Clark Kent, so I keep holding off for this two pack.

Finally had some time to snap some pictures. He proudly stands with Catwoman & Penguin
Which I guess would be a three pack...:lol But the only 3 you really need.

DSC00475_zpscgehyduu.jpg

DSC00470_zpsqbyvsb2q.jpg

DSC00472_zpscgvohlfk.jpg

DSC00486_zpshehuy7af.jpg

DSC00487_zpsbtglnkcw.jpg

DSC00488_zpskzkugn6f.jpg

br%20group%202_zpsbls3jdsj.jpg

Last edited:

Took this guy off my shelf and took some shots. Still my fave Batman in my heart.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 333
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 331
  • p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 342

Bit late getting this one but here goes

IMG_6302.jpg
IMG_6303.jpg
IMG_6306.jpg

Has anyone UK based ordered any Hot Toys figures from KG Hobby? I notice they have this BR figure significantly cheaper than any UK retailers or eBay sellers at £159. I emailed them and they replied that they can send it as a gift, marked low value, in a plain box.
Obviously there is no guarantee but just curious if any UK buyers have any experience with them and whether your figures got through customs without any additional charges?

Has anyone UK based ordered any Hot Toys figures from KG Hobby? I notice they have this BR figure significantly cheaper than any UK retailers or eBay sellers at £159. I emailed them and they replied that they can send it as a gift, marked low value, in a plain box.
Obviously there is no guarantee but just curious if any UK buyers have any experience with them and whether your figures got through customs without any additional charges?

I've had one figure from them so far, and while they did mark the value down and send it as a gift it was still given a value above the customs limit and I had to pay around £30 in charges to parcelforce. As you say there is no guarantee, I got the Knightmare Batman from Popcultcha in Australia who clearly marked the full value on the package and it came via Royal Mail without incurring any charges:huh.

I've had one figure from them so far, and while they did mark the value down and send it as a gift it was still given a value above the customs limit and I had to pay around £30 in charges to parcelforce. As you say there is no guarantee, I got the Knightmare Batman from Popcultcha in Australia who clearly marked the full value on the package and it come via Royal Mail without incurring any charges:huh.

Really does seem like a lottery then! Thanks for the reply.

I still can't decide on this figure. I really want a Keaton Batman but if a Nicholson Joker is never available at a reasonable price and Hot Toys never do a 1/6 Returns Catwoman I'm not sure it's worth it my while.

Really does seem like a lottery then! Thanks for the reply.

I still can't decide on this figure. I really want a Keaton Batman but if a Nicholson Joker is never available at a reasonable price and Hot Toys never do a 1/6 Returns Catwoman I'm not sure it's worth it my while.

Unfortunately it's mostly just patience and good luck tracking down the harder to find figures at reasonable prices. The Nicholson mime Joker can still be had for around the £200 mark new from the uk, but if it's the DX08 you're after it's pretty much only going to be a lucky day on eBay that gets you one. I find saving the search and getting email notifications helps a lot in getting hold of the figures I'm trying to track down. The Tweeterhead Catwoman maquette is a good alternative to the Hot Toys version that will probably never come, looks great and is 1/6 scale so works perfectly with the Batman and Joker figures.:)

Glad I saw this post – I was about to put the order in for one and wasn't even thinking of import duties!

Man I'm glad I don't have to worry about custom charges. I feel for you guys.

I've had one figure from them so far, and while they did mark the value down and send it as a gift it was still given a value above the customs limit and I had to pay around £30 in charges to parcelforce. As you say there is no guarantee, I got the Knightmare Batman from Popcultcha in Australia who clearly marked the full value on the package and it came via Royal Mail without incurring any charges:huh.

Thanks for that head's up - i'll check Popcultcha out... buying overseas and avoiding import duty is a big concern!!!

Customs charges are the main reason i've never ordered from Sideshow!
It's usually better to order from UK suppliers, they tend to be a bit more expensive, but when you factor in postage and customs charges it works out better... and a bit more peace-of-mind knowing it's being posted in the UK.
That said, aren't KGHobby in China? I didn't think we got stung for import charges from there?

Customs charges are the main reason i've never ordered from Sideshow!
It's usually better to order from UK suppliers, they tend to be a bit more expensive, but when you factor in postage and customs charges it works out better... and a bit more peace-of-mind knowing it's being posted in the UK.
That said, aren't KGHobby in China? I didn't think we got stung for import charges from there?

I think most packages from KGHOBBY will make it through customs without charges if we follow the instructions gave me about it be sent in a plain package with marked down value.

Having had a read around this site and others most buyers report high success rates when ordering from Chinese sellers. Obviously the odd package will be unlucky enough to get picked up and stung with the charge.

Yes, this and the low value of the pound are killing us right now. In terms of value I picked the worst time to start collecting lol.

Do you guys think this figure is worth getting?

I'm a huge fan of Batman Returns and I've thought about picking this up a few times. However, I've heard that the articulation isn't so great and the stock cape could be better. I'd like to hear some honest opinions.

Stock cape is fine.

Articulation from the belt down is terrible.

Sculpt is great and sharp (literally in the case of the nose, ears and gauntlets)

Batman really nice on the shelf.

Bruce Wayne head sucks.

Back