Hot Toys MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

Well I've been using Kong Kong post and our own to track it. The former only seems to go as far as ''left Hong Kong for its destination on...'' and ours shows nothing because it evidently hasn't reached Ireland yet. Not much I can do. In any case would it even move at all on a Saturday and Sunday?

Given it left HK on the 12th I think it'll definitely be here next week, I'd be shocked and extremely pissed off if it doesn't. In fact I will quietly seethe with rage if it's not waiting for me on Tuesday.

Ah so you don't use EMS, that explains the delay. International air mail is the worst

Re: Hot Toys – MMS 293 & 294 Batman Returns: Batman and Bruce Wayne (Keaton) Set

I wouldn't put the Returns Batman in the Batmobile, I really wouldn't. The suit is too tight and form fitting, especially in the crotch, hips and leg area. The TrueType doesn't really move under the suit because there isn't a lot of room.

The DX 09 on the other hand is really "airy" in comparison. DX 09 might not be able to hold the poses since it doesn't have the ratchet joints, but there's a lot more give and room to the suit, especially in the legs. I contorted the DX 09 without his boots and it fit into the Batmobile seat perfectly. Feeling this Returns figure, I doubt it's the same. Makes me wonder how the hell they sealed the true type into that rubber suit. With the DX 09, I think it was sealed up in the back or along the waist somewhere, with the Returns though, I have no idea. You put the Returns Batman in there and I bet the rubber around the crotch where the legs meet stresses and tears. The DX 09 was much more pliable and conforming in comparison.

Yeah I'd only put the returns in the batmobile if I were resigned to the fact it will probably destroy the bottom half of the suit.
If I really really had to have him in it I'd go as far as removing the legs from the knees.
As a bonus to that you could sell the boots & have a wheelchair batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't ask me to pay for shipping so I didn't choose the shipping method.

I didn't use ems on my batman set and I ordered it last Friday and got it today. Tracked via Hong Kong post. Was surprisingly quick.
U should contact timcent about the shipping issue Adev

Here is a pic from Ropen with his BR in the Batmobile cockpit. Hopefully he doesn't mind me sharing it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 298

I spend some time with my Batman Returns "stock" cape today. These are my results......

Not to add to your frustration a-dev, but I just had the fastest Timcent delivery of all time. I ordered Ant-Man from him on Tuesday, he shipped it Tuesday and it was delivered yesterday morning, Friday. It's ****ing crazy that something could get to Dublin that fast. You might want to double check where that parcel is right now? There are some foreign tracking sites that work?

Question for you. I've ordered from overseas a couple of times and it's not come with a brown shipper more than it has. Does Timcent ship them with the shipper? Thanks

Great pics Bo Shrek! Did u use magnets to get the cape to stay down?

Yes I did. I placed heavy magnets around the cape for about 24 hours to pull down and form. Then I used smaller magnets for displaying. I also removed the hands and gauntlets (didn't need them for this pose)

Great job Bo Shrek. Sometimes it seems like your figure choices are so few and so random that it couldn't possibly be a good collection and yet that looks magnificent.

Can someone explain the magnet method with the cape to me?

Great job Bo Shrek. Sometimes it seems like your figure choices are so few and so random that it couldn't possibly be a good collection and yet that looks magnificent.

Thanks Dev!! Kind words my friend!! Quick phone shots of my full collection. Hiding in the bottom is Dog Alien. Far right are all my mini Master Relica lightsabers, blasters and helmets.

Essentially its a "behind the scenes" look. Think models on a catwalk "duc taping things here and there to look good. My Batman will be in a museum pose and I will never really handle it much after so basically I fold the cape to where I like it and then clamp it together with magnets between the creases. If I turned him around some magnets are exposed. Also the weight of the magnets helps to pull it down. If your going this way buy strong magnets. Mine are the size of a CAN/US dime purchased at MICHEAL'S craft store!! Hope this helps!

here is a video i posted here a few weeks back explaining the magnet method

Essentially its a "behind the scenes" look. Think models on a catwalk "duc taping things here and there to look good. My Batman will be in a museum pose and I will never really handle it much after so basically I fold the cape to where I like it and then clamp it together with magnets between the creases. If I turned him around some magnets are exposed. Also the weight of the magnets helps to pull it down. If your going this way buy strong magnets. Mine are the size of a CAN/US dime purchased at MICHEAL'S craft store!! Hope this helps!

Sneaky. I like it -- especially because it's non-invasive. This is a museum pose figure; even if he were crazy articulated I know I'd default to "looming and brooding" so this will work nicely.

Cheers guys - appreciated! Now j need to get myself some magnets!!!

Holy :horror

How did he do it

Believe it or not, the suit bends way better than the dx09, I just took the boots out, ratchet arms work beautifully, and you get like half an inch space between cowl and roof.

When I took that picture that zen jay posted, I left him there for two hours, I took him out and there was liquid all over his crotch area, but I just cleaned it off with leather protectant and it worked well.

Taking the canopy off works wonders( something I forgot about since I had it)

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks Dev!! Kind words my friend!! Quick phone shots of my full collection. Hiding in the bottom is Dog Alien. Far right are all my mini Master Relica lightsabers, blasters and helmets.

All your figure poses are great. In fact, best I've seen in a long time.

Makes me want repurchase all the dollies I've sold.

[...] I left him there for two hours, I took him out and there was liquid all over his crotch area, but I just cleaned it off with leather protectant and it worked well.
[...]

So many jokes. So little time.

Back