1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 283 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Obi-Wan Kenobi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I'm still on the fence about this one.....so tempted to get it. There's just something that's just keeping me from pulling the trigger. :(

The likeness of the HT version is excellent in person.

I'm honestly even a bit surprised at how much I love this figure in hand.

Damn, I'm still on the fence about this one.....so tempted to get it. There's just something that's just keeping me from pulling the trigger. :(
The only reason for me to pay full price is if they killed the likeness (like with Michael J Fox or Ben Kingsley). Agreed with everyone that's saying it's a good figure and a nice representation of Ben, but I'm just not excited about the prospect of owning it. Gonna need a 20 or 30% discount to even tempt me and if it sells out before that happens, so be it.

Got mine yesterday but only had a few minutes to open it late last night. Fantastic figure! Everything I wanted and expected from a Hot Toys Obi Wan.

Got mine today and I think it's amazing, the hood doesn't drape down how I would like it but it's still amazing. Thanks to my eBay bucks I got it for 170 so I ain't even mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine today and I think it's amazing, the hood doesn't drape down how I would like it but it's still amazing. Thanks to my eBay bucks I got it for 170 so I ain't even mad.

Maybe that's what I should do, been on the fence on this one but I do have $50 ebay bucks expiring in a couple weeks that I'm really not sure what to put toward.

I could grab this for $210 from SS (after a coupon), so I'd still like to find this on eBay for around that shipped to make it seem worth it.

Ben 3.jpgBen 5.jpg

^^^ Looks a lot better on the HT figure because of the superior body I think.

I'm on the fence too. I debating whether to buy a repainted SS or the HT. I'd love to see a side by side comparison of a repainted SS and HT if anyone has one.

Mine was delivered today. It really looks awesome. I have ANH Luke and Vader ordered as well and if they look as good as this I'll be very happy with the set.

^^^ Looks a lot better on the HT figure because of the superior body I think.

Looks great wor! How did you get the waistband to close & added girth?

Thanks guys!

Waistband isn't closed, just didn't snap it shut, but the belt holds it in place. I added much more girth than the HT "full meal" girth provided. Also lowered the belt a bit since those pics after viewing the film -- his belt cradles his girth. :lol

Ben 6.jpg

I'm on the fence too. I debating whether to buy a repainted SS or the HT. I'd love to see a side by side comparison of a repainted SS and HT if anyone has one.

Go back a couple pages, there's a comparison posted (not the one with the regular factory painted SS, further back).

Nice pics Wor Gar. I'm opting to upgrade my Kenobi with replacement boots and robe, as well as a 'custom' Kenobi sculpt from eBay. With all the upcoming HT releases I couldn't spring for a second Old Ben. It's good to see that the SS tunic works so well.

Nice pics Wor Gar. I'm opting to upgrade my Kenobi with replacement boots and robe, as well as a 'custom' Kenobi sculpt from eBay. With all the upcoming HT releases I couldn't spring for a second Old Ben. It's good to see that the SS tunic works so well.

Yep, you have to do some work --- shorten it (cut or fold-and-iron) and shorten the tabards; I also sanded it lightly for wear -- but it worked surprisingly well. I had a spare robe so there was no question to try it.

Back