1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll keep the HT ANH Vader, try to get the RO gloves - though the customized ones I have are pretty good, and then I might buy a HT ESB or ROTJ Vader if/when released too.

Does anyone have an extra Vader nameplate from the stand they don't need? I have a bunch of grey stands with extra Luke and Han nameplates, but never got an extra red stand. I have my original SS ANH Vader on one of the grey stands and decided to maybe add a Vader nameplate to it. Thanks..

A cool backdrop makes all the difference. Still searching for one here.
47fa18ca0f92b4633f2d2a236b532ca5.jpg

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

The grittiness and roughness of the ANH Vader is starting to grow on me.. would buying the ANH Vader sculpt be enough or will the armor pieces of the suit be completely different? I really don't want to buy 2 Vaders that are days or even hours apart lol.

He is almost perfect. I like him much more than SSC Deluxe which i was able to sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want the new RO tunic to swap out the one on ANH Vader. How much do you reckon those will go for?

I'm curious, has anyone tried painting the "eyelid" area of the mask black like it's supposed to be? Basically the underside of the eyebrow and the surface above the cheek. The two surfaces above and below, touching the eye lenses. I'm still tempted to get this figure but that one area is the place that gives me the most fear trying to customize... And it would always bug me if left the innacurate gunmetal color. But i think I'd be far too scared to actually crack the helmet open and remove the lenses even though that would make this area far easier to paint...

Also, what are people's general opinions of this figure vs what we know so far of the rogue one figure? I really want the ultimate ANH Vader figure, and either will take some customizing to get there, but which do you think would be the better platform from which to start?

I'm curious, has anyone tried painting the "eyelid" area of the mask black like it's supposed to be? Basically the underside of the eyebrow and the surface above the cheek. The two surfaces above and below, touching the eye lenses. I'm still tempted to get this figure but that one area is the place that gives me the most fear trying to customize... And it would always bug me if left the innacurate gunmetal color. But i think I'd be far too scared to actually crack the helmet open and remove the lenses even though that would make this area far easier to paint...

Also, what are people's general opinions of this figure vs what we know so far of the rogue one figure? I really want the ultimate ANH Vader figure, and either will take some customizing to get there, but which do you think would be the better platform from which to start?

I'm doing it this weekend actually. But yeah, I took the helemt apart - you can't do it without doing that.

Back