1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the link to the tutorial on how to fix the belt? LOL Vader arrived yesterday and was trying to slide the boxes closer to the buckle on the belt, the buckle ripped a tad. Still holding on but now sure for how much long. I was hoping these new batch of Vaders would come with a more durable belt. I guess not. So far I think this figure is great , with strong shelf presence. But this figure is a major pain in the arse.

IMG_5235.jpg
IMG_5237.jpg

Thanks irezumi! I also like the frames you used for the original trilogy posters. The borders are a nice touch.

Sent from the bat cave

Does anyone have the link to the tutorial on how to fix the belt? LOL Vader arrived yesterday and was trying to slide the boxes closer to the buckle on the belt, the buckle ripped a tad. Still holding on but now sure for how much long. I was hoping these new batch of Vaders would come with a more durable belt. I guess not. So far I think this figure is great , with strong shelf presence. But this figure is a major pain in the arse.

Cut out a small rectangular piece of plastic from the black tray that the figure came in that's the same width as the belt. Then glue the belt onto it, as the plastic serves as support to the broken area of the belt.

Nice surprise to find Vader in the porch when I got home. Absolutely love this thing, such a magnificent figure. Takes ages to futz, but boy is it worth it!

Mine arrived an hour ago. So far I love it but have not checked it to see if everything is ok.

Wow, you guys weren't kidding, that belt is DELICATE.

It seemed plenty sturdy enough, bus as soon as I carefully scooted the boxes closer to the buckle, it tore. It was a small tear, but still, I was very careful.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Darth should be arriving this month hopefully. Whats the general consensus re. taking him apart and putting batteries in for the sound effects? The feeling I get is that its not worth the effort?

JR

Wow, you guys weren't kidding, that belt is DELICATE.

It seemed plenty sturdy enough, bus as soon as I carefully scooted the boxes closer to the buckle, it tore. It was a small tear, but still, I was very careful.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

Same thing happened to me last Friday when I received this figure. Mine tore a little, but if I keep messing with it , then I will definitely need to fix this.

While we're on the subject - if anyone has a spare belt, please can you PM me? Don't need the boxes, just the belt itself. They might as well have made that thing out of tissue paper!

Everything is fine on my Vader that I received today. However it is VERY fiddly!!! Attaching the lightsaber arm, installing the sound FX batteries and those little batteries for the belt boxes. One of the belt box batteries popped out as I was attempting to install it and I heard it hit the wall. I had to pull the furniture out to find it. I'm still loving this figure though.

Update: The sound just went out and I can't get it to work again. Obviously Hot Toys has not fixed this problem.

got mine today
i love the figure!! but i do hate the way the gloves look
i am not much of a futzer (or photographer) but i did move his belt boxes close to the center
and quickly put him in the getting ready to dual obiwan pose

vader.jpg

Back