1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry but I've to say that the ss anh chest armour is totally not screen acurate. The shape is wrong, the colours are wrong. It's heavy toysh. But, if you are happy with that, it's a great chest armour!:wink1:
I have the kaiyodo chest piece that hurricane made for me it leaves to much a gap between the neck and the helmet just did not know if it looked good

They replaced my belt (I did not have to send the figure back they just sent me a new belt), but someone else on here said they would not replace their belt. I'm not sure what the difference was in the way the belt was broken. I did report mine broken the same day I received it, if that makes a difference.
Thanks, Jaymas. I appreciate the reply very much!

Here's what paramoremcr88: did with his - mines posed exactly the same but with his right arm - credit and thanks to paramore for the inspiration.
9eb925f3a0ab7ecf796977ff45799e1b.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cool, look forward to seeing pics.

How did you get the saber to hover like that mate?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think you have done a good job. But something look weird. I think that your work to improve his anh look has highlighted the not anh overall look. So, IMO, is all the rest, and not your painted chest box that is mismatched.

Hmm...anything else I could fix? I think it's the face sculpt that's mostly off and not very ANH vader

FUUU---I missed Vader parted out at TA again! :gah:

Yeah, same here. Two days ago at that. And I've been checking daily. Vader parts seem to be hot at the moment, belts in particular.

I figure once everyone stops breaking their belts and realizes that yes, they are that delicate, people will just let them be and replacement belts will be a little easier to come by. :lol

Hmm...anything else I could fix? I think it's the face sculpt that's mostly off and not very ANH vader

You could try to give him a screen accurate pose using a screen shot as reference and futzing every minor detail. But I think that you are right. More I look at the picture in this thread, more I'm convinced that Ht vader is a great figure (excluding sound and light feature) with a stunning overall look, but that it's non anh accurate. Something is wrong in his mask and in the body proportion. I can't imagine Daw Prowse under that suite.

I think you have done a good job. But something look weird. I think that your work to improve his anh look has highlighted the not anh overall look. So, IMO, is all the rest, and not your painted chest box that is mismatched.

sorry man but your response hurt my head in trying to figure out its meaning.

You could try to give him a screen accurate pose using a screen shot as reference and futzing every minor detail. But I think that you are right. More I look at the picture in this thread, more I'm convinced that Ht vader is a great figure (excluding sound and light feature) with a stunning overall look, but that it's non anh accurate. Something is wrong in his mask and in the body proportion. I can't imagine Daw Prowse under that suite.

i agree. i remember someone posting a comparison pic of all the heads . i think the hot toys dome on the sideshow anh face would be perfect! im too afraid to peel the ht dome off. the ht face and neck are too narrow.

Oh well, maybe HT will get it right with the next version

I used Merlin 'invisible' thread - dark smoke (for dark background's) or they also do invisible thread in clear.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

and u attach it the ceiling of your display case? what would you attach it with so you cannot see it?

Ok, first attempt and it turned out fairly decent. I overdid it on the weathering a bit haha. I'm going to try and hit it with a little gloss to bring back some shine and see how it looks. At least I have my original in case it looks bad

View attachment 238102

Not overdone. At all! It's actually pretty damn accurate. And don't spray gloss on it. That would be inaccurate.

EDIT: Oh... I see you gloss coated it anyway... bummer.

Back