1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to enjoy passing all over this and the whole Hot Toys Star Wars project. To think of all the money I won't be spending....man I can't wait.

In terms of pricing and/or sculpt quality, this Hot Toys line has been a big disappointment - and I'm pretty much all-in on it. If I wasn't NRD'd and flexpaying my through Han and Chewie already I might consider pulling out altogether :gah:

Some other HT releases have insane prices and are not Disney.

They know people will buy man, it's really simple if you think about it. Much like Nike, some people go crazy (and I believe, personally, that there's no uglier shoe brand in the face of the earth) but there's millions that think differently. Power of the brand, it's all.

Yeah as much as we complain there will still be plenty of people willing to shell out $300 for this thing. Or at least more than enough to make it worthwhile to HT.

Hmmm...I only want one Vader in my collection maybe I'll give SSC's version a second look.

Aside from the skinny arms I have no problems with mine. Is it accurate, no. Is Hot Toys accurate, no. Is Hot Toys more accurate than SS's, until it is in hand we won't know but I see just as many errors in Hot Toy's.

I'm waiting on the Hot Toys one to see what sort of deal can be had elsewhere. At SS prices it's $370Aud and that's before shipping. With shipping this will be well over $100 more than the SS one was.

Light up LED saber at last on a non custom HT figure! I missed out on the the recent SS version. Excited for this!:yess:

I think we can all agree the prices are going insane. I for one am kinda 50/50 on it. On one hand I hate I can't afford it on the other hand I'm glad I can't afford it. Life goes on and it's time to start spending less on these toys and more on the important things in life. My purchases of these figures are on a huge decline to the point where I almost see an end to it.

And this is the #1 reason why HT/SSC charges this much. No offense to you, the way I see it, it's your $$$.

The whole "justifying the insane price" just because it's HT's is what's really driving prices up.

No rocket science here. If I was HT and if I knew guys that think this way exist, I'd charge $350 for this no problem.

Having said that, PASS. Too expensive.
I'm not justifying it. I've collected long enough to know what to realistically expect. People know Hot Toys aren't cheap items and it's a matter of deciding how much you value a certain figure. I personally don't feel the pricing is too off base. It's expensive I agree but I realize it's going to be that way. It doesn't mean I like shelling out that amount for every figure but I'll make certain exceptions. I'm honestly surprised that the other Hot Toys Star Wars figures haven't cost more, but I'm sure Vader being Vader they do take advantage of the character's popularity somewhat which I don't entirely fault them for.

Plus I'm willing to bet with the recent pricing from Sideshow that if their deluxe Vader was announced just now it probably would be around the same price.

I'm a huge Vader fan and having seen all the figures, I was hoping this has something that will get me excited again -- but it doesn't. Same with HT's Stormtrooper, they don't seem to look better or different than the SS versions. For HT's Vader I guess I was disappointed by the matt-finish helmet and gloves overlapping the hands. And knowing HT, that body suit is already cracking before the figures get into people's hands.

Not even the Chewie?!

:thud:

I was impressed with the hair at first
il_340x270.651293231_r93q.jpg
but then i remembered other hairy toys. The face isn't quite right either. Still, it's the best thus far.

Thank you.

Yep. And thank you. Just little ol' SS ANH with new body, new cape and stock helmet lowered.

Sorry Wor-Gar, I know you must've said this a hundred times already - did you use a KP02 body?

Edit: never mind, I found your posts :)

I'm sure SS bumped up the price a good 50$. (SS is kinda greedy) Plus a NRD **** off SS!

sure,take a reserve deposit now...put it into an account and collect some interest from ALL those deposits ;)

sure,take a reserve deposit now...put it into an account and collect some interest from ALL those deposits ;)

This always makes me laugh. The interest earned probably doesn't even cover the cost of administration of those deposits.

Back