1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my email today. He should arrive the same day or so as Luke.
Someone praise me!

December 11th is for overseas folks who are getting it from HK, despite what the email says about their US warehouse.

:blissy

Only ordered him a week ago after allowing Reward Points to accumulate.

Bit of a shock to see he was going to be charged in a couple of days.

DV%20Order_zpskxlvl5hu.jpg

:panic:

Have we ever gotten a HT fig before the blogger pics went up?

DV%20Order_zpskxlvl5hu.jpg

:panic:

Have we ever gotten a HT fig before the blogger pics went up?

Hong Kong blogger pics went up about 3 weeks ago.

I am a little surprised that Sideshow received at least a partial shipment already so congrats to those getting him sooner than expected. You will be quite pleased when you open the box.

Hong Kong blogger pics went up about 3 weeks ago.

I am a little surprised that Sideshow received at least a partial shipment already so congrats to those getting him sooner than expected. You will be quite pleased when you open the box.

:slap Of course they did. Not sure what I was thinking.

Can anyone in the UK who has ordered from Sideshow give me advice about this figure? On the Sideshow site it says; $299 for the figure, $30 shipping to the UK, $66 VAT making $395. Is that right - is the VAT extra on top of the figure price, and would you then expect to pay customs charges on top of that? Many thanks if you can help.

Do you guys think there's any risk in waiting for a little bit to order this guy? I'm still a little on the fence about him, but I have some amazon gift cards coming my way that I can use through the amazon payments checkout at sideshow. Think he'll sell out pretty quick?

No indication of a sell out. I'd be surprised if it's sold out 3+ months from now. That said, one can never be 100% sure but my guess is you're safe to wait, Sentry.

Can anyone in the UK who has ordered from Sideshow give me advice about this figure? On the Sideshow site it says; $299 for the figure, $30 shipping to the UK, $66 VAT making $395. Is that right - is the VAT extra on top of the figure price, and would you then expect to pay customs charges on top of that? Many thanks if you can help.

You will pay

$300 for the figure
$30 for shipping
20% of the price of the figure AND shipping so $66
A FedEx admin fee £12 (you can avoid this if you open a FedEx account)
A foreign credit card transaction fee if your card has one
A packout fee of $10 (if you request one).
You might also be hit with 5% duty but this is rare.

No indication of a sell out. I'd be surprised if it's sold out 3+ months from now. That said, one can never be 100% sure but my guess is you're safe to wait, Sentry.

Thanks,
I just know Han, Chewie and the storm troopers got gone pretty quickly

Thanks,
I just know Han, Chewie and the storm troopers got gone pretty quickly
True and I was surprised by Han/Chewie, to be honest. There's still 24+ at BBTS (no NRD), though, so you can always monitor there if you're really down to the wire (just add 25 to cart and see what total is that they'll allow -- once they get to -23, the stock they show available is pretty accurate). Or maybe buy from SSC on flex if you can swing it? You can always pay it off early once the initial rush is over.

True and I was surprised by Han/Chewie, to be honest. There's still 24+ at BBTS (no NRD), though, so you can always monitor there if you're really down to the wire (just add 25 to cart and see what total is that they'll allow -- once they get to -23, the stock they show available is pretty accurate). Or maybe buy from SSC on flex if you can swing it? You can always pay it off early once the initial rush is over.

Yeah, it looks like it'll be around for at least a little while. No Hot toys figures really get all that rare nowadays anyway. I Just have some amazon gift cards and Reward points l Can use through Sideshow, so I figured it would be best to go through them, i can get him down to about $75 shipped

Back