1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol Well I submitted. I'm going to miss the gloves, but SS ANH Vader is about to go up on ebay to claw back some of the outlay :)

lol - from the way you were talking before I thought you had already ordered it. But cool that you are getting it now :vader

lol - from the way you were talking before I thought you had already ordered it. But cool that you are getting it now :vader

Yeh, I ordered a few days back. It was the fading cape that sent me over the edge. I had a custom cape made up a few years back, but paired it with the stock inner robes. They matched perfectly at first, but even in a low-lit room they are now clearly different shades.

I'd been thinking about modding or replacing the body, 'cause the height of SS ANH Vader has always niggled a bit - but the expense of doing that, combined with having to get new cloth, added up to around a hundred and fifty bucks.

Even when HT Vader came out I was passing. Then Rory posted a single pic. The bastard. SS ANH Vader and SS Stormie heading for ebay.

Now I'm convinced I'll be saving money by buying a $300 doll that to 99% of normal people I already have :woo

And it doesn't end there, just wait for the next Vader, and the next one, and the next one.

so my last flex was pushed back until 12/25/2015....not a good sign if i was expecting it in time for christmas :(
sucks. I have the bluray lined up, the time off work, a HT stormtrooper boxed awaiting Darth's arrival, the display cabinet primed.......all in vain it would seem.

Just need to get to minute 35 for the stop-motion synchronized dance sequence.
d3308921f24273766c98bad5b5d418f5.jpg

Surprisingly, one must take the circuitous route to get to the Straight Poop. :lol

The irony is that in the opening shot of the video, the SS looks better than the HT.

23191923400_29c994f9e2_o.png

The HT there reminds me of the old Hasbro talking Vader.

Posed right, and using padding for the arms and thighs (or simply using the robes and cape to hide them), the SS looks good.

But posed right the HT has been shown to stomp all over the SS!

Halfway through - this is the first bad review of the HT.

Short, fat legs? Thick suit? Everything over scale for the figure?

This is a turnaround.

It's a huge improvement, even though they're the wrong style.

At that point did he really just say, "I don't want to force fetish it" ?!?

Yeah... :lol I was like WTF? :lol

Honestly... after watching this.... SSC Vader looks pretty acceptable to me. I have been going back and forth on this... but the height difference is so minimal (which was a major point of interest for me) and the legs do look stumpy... and the gloves are terrible... With all these figures coming out... I can save $300 on Hot Toys Vader and pass on him for now... in exchange of a figure I don't have.

Just hate that all these releases are literally stacked up in this tiny time frame, to much money.

Yeah... :lol I was like WTF? :lol

Honestly... after watching this.... SSC Vader looks pretty acceptable to me. I have been going back and forth on this... but the height difference is so minimal (which was a major point of interest for me) and the legs do look stumpy... and the gloves are terrible... With all these figures coming out... I can save $300 on Hot Toys Vader and pas on him for now... in exchange of a figure I don't have.

Yeah, this video was a huge surprise.

I got around to ordering the HT last night after waiting for RPs to accumulate. Reviews here seemed to be so favourable, apart from the glove issue. And then this video.

Has to be a futzing/posing issue, as there are some incredible photos of Vader posted in this thread by paramore and QuiGonFishing, and others whose names I can't remember right now.

Back