1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 279 - Star Wars Episode IV: 1/6th scale Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the doubters are simply in-hand holders of the Sideshow Vader. They must defend their purchase. Understandable.

But who says you can't have TWO Vaders...? One toy, one collector piece.

:D

I can feel the hate swelling in them now....

oooooh.. someone wants to cause some crazy in here today..
:rock

My problem with it is mostly due to not liking ANH Vader at all. Trying to hold out for an ESB Vader from HT instead (which is hard :impatient:).

My Sideshow ESB/RotJ Vader looks really nice on a shelf, but once you actually pick him up and try to pose him, you immediately are reminded of the figure's shortcomings. (Especially compared to the Hot Toys SW figures.)

I sold my Deluxe Vader (along with my SSC Obi-Wan) in anticipation of the HT versions. I put it up for sale on eBay as soon as the HT Vader was announced and I was lucky enough to break even. I miss the days when you could sell just about any 1/6 collectible figure for a profit when you wanted to upgrade to a ver 2.0.

I'll probably be getting this guy, but after being really lowballed on Ebay for the Sideshow figure, I decided just to keep him and display him at work. I think he's great looking, still, even if he'll be supplanted by the HT in my case at home.

One of my biggest problems with ANH Vader is the chest armor, looks may cooler in ESB when it isn't partly coverd by fabric. Anyone thinks it would be easy to just remove the fabric that covers parts of it? I've never done any modding to my Hot Toys, and don't really want to cut the fabric.

I am looking forward to this one and the two other SW ANH figures I have on pre-order (Luke and Boba). Question for Eamon, I see you have The Hottoycast link on you postings. Do you know when is a new episode going to come out? It's a great podcast!!

Oh thanks. I am sitting on a new episode right now and just do not have the time to edit it. I do hope to get it up this week though. :)

Take this with a grain of salt but a couple eBay sellers in Hong Kong have Vader being released Monday, October 26th. I'm one of the suckers who can't wait for new releases to hit stateside so I've purchased all but one of my Star Wars figures (4th Stormie) from Hong Kong. I assume I'll be doing the same with Vader.

Just wanted to pass this along for those who don't plan on waiting.

I'd like to get Han and Chewie before Halloween, first! Now that Sideshow is about to start shipping them out, I'm sure BBTS can't be far behind in getting their stock out.

Take this with a grain of salt but a couple eBay sellers in Hong Kong have Vader being released Monday, October 26th. I'm one of the suckers who can't wait for new releases to hit stateside so I've purchased all but one of my Star Wars figures (4th Stormie) from Hong Kong. I assume I'll be doing the same with Vader.

Just wanted to pass this along for those who don't plan on waiting.

Cool, thanks FMH. Would be nice to see Vader before Halloween. :)

This place is going to melt down. :lol

Considering the trailer for TFA is meant to be arriving some time before the end of October, you'd reasonably think it'd be a good climate to launch Vader, the dark lord of Star Wars.

Pre-ordering feels so much like gambling. What am I saying, it is gambling...

This place is going to melt down. :lol

Blogger pics will come out and everyone will be up in arms screaming "BURN THE WITCH!" Then Para will upload some shots and the mood will change. Some will do a complete 180, while others will still have their issues with the figure, or come up with new ones.

I'm getting him no matter what, because while I know he may not be perfect, it'll be a huge upgrade over my Sideshow Vader. More accurate height with better tailoring, material quality and paint apps (granted, there won't be much of this) will be enough to make me happy with my purchase.

Then I can either give my Sideshow Vader to my 5 year old son or sell him off dirt cheap.

It will be fun to see if anyone will admit to being wrong about this figure. I don't expect that will happen as folks can never be wrong on the internet.

My Sideshow Vader is sold now so I am ready for Hot Toys.

My item says shipping soon so i contacted ss and they said should be shipping on 5th december so guess not soon

My item says shipping soon so i contacted ss and they said should be shipping on 5th december so guess not soon

Sideshow's site gets that glitch on orders from time to time. If a figure hasn't been released in Hong Kong yet, chances are Sideshow doesn't have it in stock yet.

I'm not holding my breathe about getting Vader and both Lukes before Christmas, but two out of the three would be great.

Back