1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here he is, so far.

Great pic!! :clap :clap Some really awesome photos in this thread. :)

Thought I'd pop in and have a look at some in-hand pics....seeing as I have finally given in to the dark side that is the Hot Toys Star Wars line! :slap :gah:

Just ordered Chewie to go with my recently acquired Luke figure!

Just got my first ever 1/6 figures today, Han and Chewie. They are awesome. The wife even loves them.
Quick question...Does anyone elses Chewie head come off super easy? I was brushing his chin area out and thought it would be easier to just take his head off. I was surprised how easy it came off. It's like it's just sitting there... Unlike the hands.

Check to see if the socket inside the head hasn't been pushed in too far (or missing completely) preventing the ball on the neck from a making proper fit. The socket is a separate piece that's glued in place inside the head.

Check to see if the socket inside the head hasn't been pushed in too far (or missing completely) preventing the ball on the neck from a making proper fit. The socket is a separate piece that's glued in place inside the head.

I checked and there is a socket / little round hole for the ball go into. Nothing appears to be out of sorts. Is the head supposed to snap on / have resistance like the hands? Mine goes on but is easy to remove. As i stated these are my first 1/6 figures and i don't know what i should expect.

edit:
I just popped my Han head off and back on and it kind of snaps on and you know it's on. My Chewie head does not do that at all. Any others have this issue?

With my Chewie, it is definitely not 'easy' to remove the head. Required a good tug. And it snaps back in place. You can easily remedy it with some mounting putty, though.

Thanks for the response. I just read a few pages back and another guy had the same issue I am having. I got it directly from SSC so I will contact them on Monday to see about getting a replacement.

Does it hold poses? If you have him look up, down, etc?
You can move his head but it will fall off. Once you put it in a pose it will stay until you move it. Then it just comes off in your hand. It acts like the ball joint isn't fully seated in the socket. Maybe the post is too short or the socket sits too deep. Idk. His head definitely does not snap in and fully attach like my Han.

It took some effort to get mine to snap back in place. You're sure you are fully snapping in place? It *could* be just resting on ball.

It took some effort to get mine to snap back in place. You're sure you are fully snapping in place? It *could* be just resting on ball.

No. I'm sure it's not snapping in place. That's the issue. I'm applying significant pressure (more than should be needed, based on my Han head) to reattach his head and it won't fully go. I noticed the post from the neck will slide forward if you apply enough pressure so i am putting my thumb in that area to prevent that. So the post is straight up and down. Seems like no matter how hard i push, it will not attach. My Han head had resistance but was rather easy to reattach and you can feel it snap in place. My Chewie head does not have that "snap". Which leads to believe it's not seating and the post is too short or the socket is set too deep in the head.
It could not have been properly attached when i got it either because the head basically fell off with very little effort to remove it when i first removed it.

Ok cool. Just checking. Sometimes the simplest answer is the answer :)

Good luck.

No problem, i appreciate the responses. It's nice to bounce things off of others. Being they are my first 1/6 figures i did not know if i was missing something..?

You might want to wait for more in-hand pics of TFA Chewie first. Although personally I would find the lighter and blonder coloring to be a bad fit with my ANH Han (or any other OT figure) and would only want the ANH Chewie next to him. Even with it's head issues.

So I just recently purchased the ANH Han Solo and was wondering if I should buy the ANH Chewie or hold out for the TFA version. Any thoughts?

Definitely ANH one to go with your ANH Han. I am only getting TFA Han since I'm a EU freak and I don't care for the lighter colors in TFA Chewie.

Yeah, it probably would be better to have the old Chewie next to the Han. Plus, I can use my $25 discount card and the fact that Sideshow is offering free shipping on him. :yess:

You might want to wait for more in-hand pics of TFA Chewie first. Although personally I would find the lighter and blonder coloring to be a bad fit with my ANH Han (or any other OT figure) and would only want the ANH Chewie next to him. Even with it's head issues.

Agree with this.

As far as Chewie figures simply go, as of now based on what I've seen thus far, I'd say ANH Chewie over TFA. But I'd wait for more in hand pictures of TFA before you make a final decision.

However, being that you have ANH Han, I'd pair him with ANH Chewie.

Not sure if it worked that well, but I tried to give the mouth on my Chewie more of a "snarl" look to it, after warming it with the heat gun. It seems to work from some angles better than others, but at least gives him a slightly more fierce look I think. I also widened the eyes a bit more and painted them a slightly lighter color.

20170222_230302 (632x1000).jpg

20170222_230358 (520x1000).jpg

20170222_231727 (713x1000).jpg

20170222_231824 (650x1000).jpg

Back