1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing set!!
652387cb28d301d87169a5e44a37c664.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just got chewy today, in hand he is awesome perhaps one of my favorites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally bit the bullet and ordered Chewy and Han. Couldn't look at these pics anymore without caving in. Should be here in a few days. So excited!

Hey Cap'n,
I haven't been on here much, but I finally ordered my very own Chewy (arrives tomorrow), and decided to look up this thread. I knew to expect to do some futzing with the portrait, in particular, and your work really caught my eye! Great job!
I'll be basing what I do on yours.
Can't wait! :D

I finally have Chewy in hand!
Blown away by how close HT got the likeness and the fur.
Pictures don't do this figure justice!
I've already begun lightening the face, and it's looking much more like Chewy.
I've seen where people are using hair chalk, weathering pastels and even acrylics.
I've had a pack of oil pastels sitting around, waiting for a job, and a couple or three sticks have the right hues to work.
Started lightly to make sure it would work - and it does! The texture doesn't inhibit the fur at all, really. A few strokes at a time with the pastel, and then some light runs with the comb to work the color in - it's working well!
Not yet familiar with uploading photos on here. But, I'd like to share how mine is looking, soon!

I'm debating on using the Valentine's Day code on this dude but should I possibly hold out for an Empire Strikes Back Chewie? Assuming they do one of course.

I would use the code on this one. I don't know how much different it would compared to this one. we all have seen how the TFA chewie turned out but not sure what all would come on the esb version except for taken apart 3po and the price would be much higher

Back