1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great work on Chewy. Lots of work softening the glue but it makes such a difference compared to stock Chewy. Once you got rid of the glue, you can do pretty much whatever you want when it comes to Chewy's hairstyle assuming you give it time.

I stand by my words this will be the Chewbacca people seek later and not The Force Awakens HT release.

Agreed, that is at least until HT releases their Revenge... of the Sith... Chewie.... version

I can't even continue typing this I'm laughing too hard. Forget it.

I just got this figure from SC and the head falls off no mater how much I tried to push it in the socket. Is this normal or am I missing something? I am new to the hot toys collectibles so I want to be sure before I request a refund.

I just got this figure from SC and the head falls off no mater how much I tried to push it in the socket. Is this normal or am I missing something? I am new to the hot toys collectibles so I want to be sure before I request a refund.

Sometimes the neck peg can get pushed down sideways and won't catch in the head. Make sure the peg that's sticking out of the hole from inside his neck is straight upward. Shouldn't be too difficult to line up the head after that. Then press his head downward firmly. The head should pop into place and stay there. If this doesn't work, post pics of the inside of his head and neck. We'll tell you if it's broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How hard is it to get this guy look respectable? I think he looks like poop out of the box. But I've seen some amazing looking ones.

How hard is it to get his hair looking ROTJ style?

Thanks.

Two words: Super Easy.

Here's mine (a pics I've posted before). No make up, no pastels. Just the little comb he came with. He's not as jaw dropping as some of the ones people have really worked on, but he looks pretty nice to me. All stock:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks good Qui Gon!

Chewie is probably my second favorite figure Hot Toys has released after the OT Troopers. I ended up selling mine to fund "Newbacca"

I like the lighter coloring and the articulated jaw. I have an extra OT satchel for him and will display him with that.

Looks good Qui Gon!

Chewie is probably my second favorite figure Hot Toys has released after the OT Troopers. I ended up selling mine to fund "Newbacca"

I like the lighter coloring and the articulated jaw. I have an extra OT satchel for him and will display him with that.

I am really hoping the new Chewie is a little better out of the box.

My two Chewies are still on my to-do list in terms of paint/pastel lightening and an overall major futz.

Back