1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
755b5116ff7e12d0c1dfefb37d626054.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cheers. It's pastels. Been tweaking with the likeness for ages now. I think I'm done with it now. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So I am new to the hot toys world and I am debating if I should wait for the episode 7 figure or buy this one. Also should I just forget them both and buy the Luke ANH figure. Help!

So I am new to the hot toys world and I am debating if I should wait for the episode 7 figure or buy this one. Also should I just forget them both and buy the Luke ANH figure. Help!

Which Chewie do you like? The ANH has darker coloring. Episode 7 is lighter in places and has a different bandolier. If that does not help read on...

If you are ever going to buy a Han Solo, which would you want? If you can answer that, get the Chewie from the same era so they can be displayed together.

Out of the box, ANH Chewie is NOT terrific (my opinion). It takes a little bit of work to get him groomed properly and if you go through the extra steps of lightening his face the results can be fantastic.

The Episode 7 Chewie will probably suffer the same faults as the ANH Chewie but I have no doubt that with some proper futzing he has the same potential.

I don't have the HT Luke but from I am thinking he requires less futzing to get him looking his best.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried bryllcream on chewy's fur? I'm thinking it would give his coat a nice sheen. I may pick some up and have a go.

ok kids, I got this figures recently and combed him down with the included one but I have a question: what does everyone use to style his fur? what do you use to "groom" the fur like a brush or comb?

I feel like he needs to be cleaner

ok kids, I got this figures recently and combed him down with the included one but I have a question: what does everyone use to style his fur? what do you use to "groom" the fur like a brush or comb?

I feel like he needs to be cleaner [...snip photos...]

It's a learning curve. Parts need to be cleaner, others more free-flowing. There are a TON of photos back through this thread along with anecdotes and instructions. If you want to deal with fly-aways and unruly fur, refer back to the included comb. I used the teeth to comb out, separate, and position the fur, but the FLAT end is useful for shaping and flattening. Just run it across sections as if it were a comb (obviously a touch lighter than actual combing) and you'll find it's like a sculpting tool.

Damp fingers to loosen the glue and the little clear plastic comb that he comes with is all I used.

I feel like he needs to be cleaner

ColombianLove,
Dip your fingers into water and wet Chewie's chin. Then, use the comb to loosen the fur under the muzzle. There's a gel-like substance there that you can manipulate to get his fur hanging downward from his chin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used a damp cloth to gently swap at the face and loosen the fur's clumpiness. I also used a old soft-bristled toothbrush to comb the hair without pressing down into the fur. Work the top surface and the rest will follow. Be patient, look at reference photos while you do this.

Last edited:
Was the comb included in the single version. I didn't see mine. Then again if it's clear maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was the comb included in the single version. I didn't see mine. Then again if it's clear maybe I didn't look hard enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is in the single version. I remember some people saying they found it in the box, under the plastic tray or taped to the instructions.

Back