1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zero futz, right out of the BBTS box! Sorry about the no bandalier look.

I think I may have gotten one of the lighter heads!

IMG_20151110_185444.jpg
IMG_20151110_185546.jpg
IMG_20151110_185623.jpg

you may have gotten a lighter body, looks like he's been on the beach for a week. :lol

Sorry man, but i think the fur on that body looks very poor. It doesn't even seem to be clumped on the arms properly. Did you do anything to it or is that straight out of the box?

Here's my review of the Chewbacca figure in the two-pack. Hot Toys have done an amazing job with this figure, and it's definitely my candidate for figure of the year! Love it! Hope you can check out the review :)

you may have gotten a lighter body, looks like he's been on the beach for a week. :lol

Sorry man, but i think the fur on that body looks very poor. It doesn't even seem to be clumped on the arms properly. Did you do anything to it or is that straight out of the box?

Ironically, the clumped arms (especially the shoulders) were the first areas I brushed out. They were blaring! They looked like a kid used it as a Kleenex.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.JPG
    IMG_0913.JPG
    858.9 KB · Views: 281
I just unpacked my Han & Chewie set today. I saw my Chewie needed some lightening around the eyes, so I broke out the acrylic modeling paints. After it was dry, I lightly brushed on some baby oil to revive the hair sheen. All in all, I think it improved the likeness. Here are the results.
Chewie Hot Toys.jpgChewie & Han Hot Toys.jpgChewie Hot Toys3.jpgChewie Hot Toys4.jpg

^^ That "after" pose seems to be the winner for Chewy - the slight look down hides the snout/chin issues and the head tilt gives it the personality.

I totally agree with you.

The fact that Hot Toys was able to accomplish a faux fur Chewie of this caliber is truly impressive and worthy of figure of the year honors.

Is it 100%? Not exactly, but it's easily 95% "Chewbacca".

My thoughts exactly, it is no easy feat. The figure looks great, kind of wish I po this, Han looks lonely now.

So many light faces now, am I wrong?

Honestly, I think it's just fur variance. I saw some of the new ones in hand and one was darker than mine one exactly the same. And you can't tell by photos.
It's that weird colour that photographs strangely. There are simply more of them being made giving up more variance IMO. If it was a conscious change all the newer batches would be lighter, but they are not, right?

I'm blaming you for all this by the way. :lol

Back