1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys Chewbacca then.

What a crazy thought that is.

8WIigkU.jpg

D23T6Kg.jpg

Just think, there will more than likely be an EP7 version. (with alternate growling portrait):panic:

"Hey, I think I ran over some - I think I ran over a wookie back there on the expressway..."

(The first mention of a Wookiee on film: THX-1138,1971).

It was an ad-lib by Terry McGovern:

He started his career in films with George Lucas, in Lucas’ inaugural film, THX 1138. It was on this film that Terry created the word Wookie. According to Lucas in a 1977 Rolling Stone interview, he stated: " We were riding along in the car one day and he(Terry) said: “I think I ran over a Wookie back there,” and this really cracked me up and I said, “What is a Wookie?” and he said, “I don’t know, I just made it up.”

Terry McGovern (actor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

If only we could open his mouth so we can recreate a pose like the picture below with the set...
As it is not a human head and has lots of fur, it could be possible to create a movable mouth. But I guess Hot Toys won't do that...
image-252526-galleryV9-hxoa.jpg

^^^ that's actually a Really great idea. Would be awesome for multiple displays

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I still can't believe this is finally happening!!!
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but does this mean the SS-HT SW agreement is over?

No...

The Force is strong with Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys
September 25, 2014

Long time Star Wars licensee, Sideshow Collectibles, has expanded our partnership with the creative Hong Kong powerhouse that is Hot Toys.

Sideshow, the current and original distributor of Hot Toys products will act as the official licensed distributor for the Hot Toys Star Wars figures in the Americas and Europe, while Hot Toys will be self-distributed throughout Asia. Both Hot Toys and Sideshow will create a complementary mix of 1:6 and 1:4 scale figures that will cover previously released films, as well as upcoming movies.

Sideshow has produced approximately 150 Star Wars figures over the past decade, a few of which have been co-developed with Hot Toys. The unique partnership of these two figure collectible companies is a testament to their collaborative spirit. With highly anticipated new Star Wars films on the horizon, Sideshow and Hot Toys are eager to satisfy the growing global demand for high-end Star Wars figural art.

Meeting the collectors’ desire for intricate, stylized, posable figures, and fixed statues of their favorite Star Wars characters from what is universally regarded as the leading collectible brand in this galaxy is a worthy challenge for the two leading figure collectible companies.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/side...toys-star-wars

I still can't believe this is finally happening!!!
Sorry if I'm late to the party, but does this mean the SS-HT SW agreement is over?

From what I gather they are 'co-existing'. Hoy Toys will work on characters that they believe can be inproved upon whilst being careful not to step on Sideshow's toes.

That bowcaster rocks. Profile too. I'm sold. Any improvements will just be a bonus.

couldn't agree more.

i have never seen a photo of a figure that trumps having the actual figure on my shelf... for me, it is always the other way around.

My trivia for the day. I never realized that the ewok name came from an inversion of Wookie. That said, it'll be cool if HT ever does a real hair Ewok 2-pack.

Yeah that'd be cool man. I would definitely pick that up

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Yep. This is something many thought no 1/6 production company would touch and now here it is. A haired, not sculpted, Chewie. And as it is it's better than I had expected. Bring it. I can't wait. Looks amazing.

Back