1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Basically wherever the fur is matted/stiff and feels like there's some product in it, that's paint spray. I did a little color removal with 99% Isopropyl, YMMV if you're using a weaker solution (like 70%), but feel free to start by diluting and test it on the back of the figure, maybe where the sun doesn't shine. ;)

Very interesting. You're mainly talking about the body though, right? I don't think too many folks have had that black painted look on the heads. Just wanted to clarify.

Basically wherever the fur is matted/stiff and feels like there's some product in it, that's paint spray. I did a little color removal with 99% Isopropyl, YMMV if you're using a weaker solution (like 70%), but feel free to start by diluting and test it on the back of the figure, maybe where the sun doesn't shine. ;)

Seems to be extra dark and matted back there. :lol

Any part of the fur that's black is paint, but yeah, most of it is on the body. The shoulders on mine were pitch black.

Just got my Chewie and Han set from crowinghorse! Here are a couple of shots for fun:
Chewy.JPGChewy_Jaws.JPG

Last edited:
I ordered today from goHastings. They still have some if anyone is interested. $293 + shipping is better than eBay.

I ordered today from goHastings. They still have some if anyone is interested. $293 + shipping is better than eBay.

I saw your post the other day but goHastings has such a stupid search feature. They have both Han and Chewie, though separately w/out the exclusive pieces...still I would have gotten them from here had I known and yes, the cheapest option for the pair I've seen so far.

I saw your post the other day but goHastings has such a stupid search feature. They have both Han and Chewie, though separately w/out the exclusive pieces...still I would have gotten them from here had I known and yes, the cheapest option for the pair I've seen so far.
Did research into them and man they made some enemies lol I REALLY want Chewbacca, for a decent non Ebay asking price but goHastings seem like a hassle and they have TONS of customers returning things. Sadly, knowing my luck, my Chewie won't have any fur. And will come out looking like a Siamese cat.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I will report back on Chewie's condition upon arrival. Btw I was not the original poster of the gohastings lead, just a follower.

Nice, my local town has a hastings, went in there on Sunday morning and found han and chewie, they had a buy one, get second half off on action figures so i got a really good deal.

its my birthday gift so i have to wait a while until I completely take them out and post them.

Did research into them and man they made some enemies lol I REALLY want Chewbacca, for a decent non Ebay asking price but goHastings seem like a hassle and they have TONS of customers returning things. Sadly, knowing my luck, my Chewie won't have any fur. And will come out looking like a Siamese cat.

:rotfl

The fact is that there have been a number of incidents where people have ordered figures from GoHastings and end up receiving a returned item with a different figure inside. For example, you order the Hot Toys Chewie and receive the Hot Toys box with a Hasbro Chewie inside... :gah:

Nice, my local town has a hastings, went in there on Sunday morning and found han and chewie, they had a buy one, get second half off on action figures so i got a really good deal.

its my birthday gift so i have to wait a while until I completely take them out and post them.

Wow, I think that's the best deal you can ever get. You have the opportunity to ensure you're not getting any bad figures on the spot, you get the discount, save on shipping, so you only have sales tax to worry about, savings galore!

Stop, you're giving me nightmares!
LOL, seeing cheap dime store diecasts in Hot Wheels packaging at Target has become a cottage industry for a few small time thieves, but to do that to a Hot Toys figure should warrant life imprisonment without a chance for parole!

Chewbacca just ripped the head off Vader! Lol

ddfa8511231a16e6a99315a9b754b8cc.jpg

c984843e7839a0a2e6f951683777956e.jpg

I wonder if we will get another HS of Chewie but with an opened snarl look in the future. I think that's what the figure is missing

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back