1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happier with the coloring post-futz... still considering shaving my cat though.

Chewbacca COMP.jpg

Different lighting context...

Got my Chewie at work today and just couldn't resist opening him up at lunch and doing a bit of simple futzing. And I gotta say, the more I work with it, the more I'm really starting to love this figure! :D

And the hair color isn't looking too overly dark to my eye either. Granted, these were taken in my car in bright daylight, but I still don't get the sense it'll look that radically different when on display at home under lighting (my camera is also brightening things up a bit more than it really is).

(forgive the crappy cellphone pics)

ATT_1444940216178_IMG_20151015_131400.jpg

ATT_1444940216374_IMG_20151015_131333.jpg

ATT_1444940216293_IMG_20151015_131533.jpg

Edit: Here's a darkened version that's a bit more accurate to what it looks like in hand.

chew.jpg

It look's or seems like Chewy's feet have more or longer hair or are u guys futzing it that way ?

This will be my 1st time getting 2 hot toys on same delivery stoked for next tuesday for them both to arrive same time of course single pack's.

Congrats, davejames! Yours looks great!!! Much better than mine did out of the box.

Well I couldn't stand how glued down everything was, so set about futzing almost immediately. :)

Thankfully it appears to be more of a hairspray or gel they used more than any actual glue, so it can be eventually pried loose. And it also appears that the eyebrow area can be futzed as well, so hopefully I'll be able to push those down a bit to remove that surprised look he has.

Got my Chewie at work today and just couldn't resist opening him up at lunch and doing a bit of simple futzing. And I gotta say, the more I work with it, the more I'm really starting to love this figure! :D

And the hair color isn't looking too overly dark to my eye either. Granted, these were taken in my car in bright daylight, but I still don't get the sense it'll look that radically different when on display at home under lighting (my camera is also brightening things up a bit more than it really is).

(forgive the crappy cellphone pics)

View attachment 217145

View attachment 217146

View attachment 217147

Edit: Here's a darkened version that's a bit more accurate to what it looks like in hand.

View attachment 217148

^^ Some of the most life-like pics I've seen.:clap

Thanks. Here's another shot just for the heck of it,

Do you know if you have any filters turned on in your camera software? If you don't remember, double-check. My wife knew something was up with her photos for a while but didn't realize she had a filter enabled on her iPhone. They looked good (so do yours) but they had an aged color cast to them.

BTW, you carry a blow dryer in your car, don't you?

You have some of the best shots I've seen!!

Thanks. That's only after about 5 minutes of futzing, so hopefully I can do a better job with it when I have more time.

The key for me is pulling away most of the hair from the face while not making the mustache look too puffed up on the sides (giving him that awful Wilfred Brimley look he had at SDCC). And I'm also trying to keep the hair looking kind of scraggly and messy as well, and not too straightened out.

It's definitely a fun thing to play around with. :)

Clearly davejames got the good "lighter" v2 head. You can see the eyes.

They're all gonna hate you Dave when their Chewie's don't look like yours. :lol

Amazing that you did that in 5 minutes. Well done. I found the fibers of the fur to get squirly quickly if you separate too much. How do you keep it looking so neat and not "fuzzy/frizzy"?

Do you know if you have any filters turned on in your camera software? If you don't remember, double-check. My wife knew something was up with her photos for a while but didn't realize she had a filter enabled on her iPhone. They looked good (so do yours) but they had an aged color cast to them.

BTW, you carry a blow dryer in your car, don't you?

No, no filters on my phone at all, but I did go into Office afterwards and up the contrast and darken it a bit, since my phone makes everything really washed out and purply around the edges for some reason (I must have pointed it too long at the sun by accident or something. Lol)

Here you see what I have to work with at the start, and it's not pretty:

IMAG4030.jpg

Davejames, your pictures are making me so excited to get mine soon! Despite the purple haze, they look fantastic. Thanks!

Great shots, Wor-Gar and davejames!

Wor-Gar...are you feeling a bit better with Chewie now that you've had a good look?

...and davejames....if I can get the one I'm getting futzed like that, I'll be very happy....looks great!

Clearly davejames got the good "lighter" v2 head. You can see the eyes.

They're all gonna hate you Dave when their Chewie's don't look like yours. :lol

Seriously - does his look noticeably different from yours? This "fur color variation" question has me a little stressed. Knowing my luck, I'm opening mine and I'll see a mouth/teeth amidst a ball of featureless black fur.:gah:

the face fur clearly shows a much lighter accurate chewy hair then the earlier darker faced releases

Back