1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 262 - Star Wars Episode IV - 1/6th scale Chewbacca Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it looks like the hair is glued down underneath it too.

That worries me, and would be a huge disappointment. First thing to do is to pull some of that chin hair down to minimize the muzzle. If I can't, then he's going to be looking down a lot.

But the whole comb thing makes no sense. This thing needs to be handled and messed up and frizzled and frazzled. Sleep with it in bed -- yes, it's OK, I won't tell. But he'll look better in the morning. And so will you. :D

I'm guessing certain areas of the face are glued down more than they need to be (and were on the prototype) and that's why we're seeing the muzzle as defined as it is. Hopefully that can be undone to a degree and that will help bring it closer to the proto.

I don't think that's the case. I've seen plenty of images that show the muzzle's fur can be futzed/moved and proto images where the fur was very tight up against the sculpt - but photos were taken at angles to not show the huge beak.

There's just no way to cover up that ludicrous maw and it looks like the hair is glued down underneath it too.

But, but, you saw some photos that show it can be futzed/moved down.:wink1: It's unfortunate if trying to loosen it will damage, but maybe a fur transplant from Chewie's butt can solve the issue.

That video makes Chewie look as bad as I've ever seen him in any of the worst photos. Thankfully we've seen some decent photos so we know he can be viewed well from at least a few angles. This is definitely not a 360 degree figure and I don't think anyone is going to be able to futz him into that. There's just no way to cover up that ludicrous maw and it looks like the hair is glued down underneath it too. Honestly, it looks like a fur-covered d*ck sticking out of his face.

This will be my only apprehensive figure purchase to date.

WoW I think Chewy turned out very cool , sorry dont like him i think IMO many not use to seeing a REAL FURY Hairy Wookie and not use to what he look's like. All good pixel i cant wait to order a 2nd.

IMO many not use to seeing a REAL FURY Hairy Wookie

The fur is awesome, it turned out great. What sucks is the sculpt under the fur - it's the wrong shape and the proportions are wrong - eyes, nose and mouth/jaw (aka muzzle, maw, etc.) One thing I haven't seen in any photo is Chewie's great mustache - it just doesn't seem to stand out in the figure like it does on the real mask.

That worries me, and would be a huge disappointment. First thing to do is to pull some of that chin hair down to minimize the muzzle. If I can't, then he's going to be looking down a lot.

But the whole comb thing makes no sense. This thing needs to be handled and messed up and frizzled and frazzled. Sleep with it in bed -- yes, it's OK, I won't tell. But he'll look better in the morning. And so will you. :D

But, but, you saw some photos that show it can be futzed/moved down.:wink1: It's unfortunate if trying to loosen it will damage, but maybe a fur transplant from Chewie's butt can solve the issue.

This thread! This board! :rotfl

The one thing im worried and think everyone should check Chewys joints n body very carefull when get him because ALL will be hidden if have any DEFECTS on joints where feet go in and just carefull posing since cant see the body at all.

The one thing im worried and think everyone should check Chewys joints n body very carefull when get him because ALL will be hidden if have any DEFECTS on joints where feet go in and just carefull posing since cant see the body at all.

Grammar police say you fail. And yet you took the time to capitalize two words.

I think he looks like he will be good from what I've seen in the video. Finally preordered him with SUMM3R15 code with paypal so that he's all paid up. Going to wait for next month's code for Han and hope the exclusive becomes available again.

Have people decided against the 2-Pack?

I wonder what will ship first -- 2-pack, Han single or Chewie single?

I have the 2-pack on order at BBTS, so I should be getting this figure sometime in 2017.

The 2-pack just gives you the ST belt/gun/blaster rifle and a big box, right? Plus, if you ever want to sell off 1 to upgrade later it would make it more difficult. I don't care about the extra blaster rifle, and you can get the belt and gun from the exclusive Han. If I miss out on the EX Han it's just a ST gun and belt, so no big deal. That's my reasoning on just getting the singles.

Plus you can use 2 $20 off codes getting them separately.

Have people decided against the 2-Pack?

I wonder what will ship first -- 2-pack, Han single or Chewie single?

I have the 2-pack on order at BBTS, so I should be getting this figure sometime in 2017.

Same as Rocket & Groot I would think; the 2pack exclusive was first to ship from Sideshow. (I think...)

if you ever want to sell off 1 to upgrade later it would make it more difficult.

Yep, that's the big problem. Resale.

But you also get double the shipping cost. And with Sideshow's new shipping prices, I'm certain you will now lose money. I did the math.

The 2-pack just gives you the ST belt/gun/blaster rifle and a big box, right? Plus, if you ever want to sell off 1 to upgrade later it would make it more difficult. I don't care about the extra blaster rifle, and you can get the belt and gun from the exclusive Han. If I miss out on the EX Han it's just a ST gun and belt, so no big deal. That's my reasoning on just getting the singles.

All good reasons. Did the same with the same thoughts in mind.:duff

Plus the big rifle came with the stormtrooper 2-pack, anyhow.

But you also get double the shipping cost. And with Sideshow's new shipping prices, I'm certain you will now lose money. I did the math.

Well for me shipping on a single figure is about $15. So with a coupon it's basically free shipping + $5 off for a total of $10 saved +free shipping between the two individuals. The 2-pack will be $20 shipping at least (judging by the ST 2-pack) with a single $20 code which cancels out the shipping.

So my math says I save $10 by getting the singles.

YMMV

I decided to pick up a cheap xtra for 20 bucks off Evilbay a C3PO Masterpiece with backpack n removeable limbs to throw on Chewbacca.

Here's a old video of c3po masterpiece figure in backpack mode on a old Chewy figure.

https://youtu.be/1GN1GI7RaEg

Well for me shipping on a single figure is about $15. So with a coupon it's basically free shipping + $5 off for a total of $10 saved +free shipping between the two individuals. The 2-pack will be $20 shipping at least (judging by the ST 2-pack) with a single $20 code which cancels out the shipping.

So my math says I save $10 by getting the singles.

YMMV

2-pack is $5 less to start.

But I can't believe your shipping is $15 to Iowa when mine (for the Scout) was $16.68 and I live 20 miles from Sideshow. Strange indeed.

Mute points all since its flat rate shipping on Han and Chewie. $10 each. So you save $20 total. Woo-Hoo! Drinks on you!

Back