1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does Pixelpiper like this one?

It's improved by an immeasurable amount. The first sculpt was completely unacceptable and this one is passable, it has a Ford likeness and a Ford/solo expression for the most part. I'll repeat myself now...

The hair is too pointy/high, plus it's the wrong color. The chin is too long, his bottom lip is too low and not wide enough. He has a slight underbite as if he's about to suck something between his teeth. But there's really no mistaking this for Harrison Ford now. And these "flaws" are all better than what was here before.

The angled brow line and wrinkles between the eyebrows at the top of the bridge of the nose give the old sculpt a slight scowl, but IMO, that's totally out of place for this figure. Hot Toys should burn any copies they have of the old sculpt and immediately replace all the product photography. The ashes of the burned sculpts should be compressed into bricks, doused in kerosene and burned again.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new one? Looks sad and mouth looks weird. Like he just ate something bad, at least the previous one looks determined.

Yeah same here. It's possible it might grow on me over time, but to be honest my initial reaction is it looks more like a fan's custom sculpt than something by HT.

And that it now looks even more off than it did before.

It's improved by an immeasurable amount. The first sculpt was completely unacceptable and this one is passable, it has a Ford likeness and a Ford/solo expression for the most part. I'll repeat myself now...

The hair is too pointy/high, plus it's the wrong color. The chin is too long, his bottom lip is too low and not wide enough. He has a slight underbite as if he's about to suck something between his teeth. But there's really no mistaking this for Harrison Ford now. And these "flaws" are all better than what was here before.

The angled brow line and wrinkles between the eyebrows at the top of the bridge of the nose give the old sculpt a slight scowl, but IMO, that's totally out of place for this figure. Hot Toys should burn any copies they have of the old sculpt and immediately replace all the product photography. The ashes of the burned sculpts should be compressed into bricks, doused in kerosene and burned again.

THAT is basically Pixelpiper saying he's in love. So that's good!

:)

And I agree.

Something's off.

Not loving it and wish they'd stuck with the first sculpt.

Agreed. Was okay with the first sculpt, at least I could pose him with the blaster. Then they switch to this contemplative, confused, muted, non-heroic expression? Kinda pissed me off. Now thinking of canceling the 2-pack and going with Chewie only.

Upgraded sculpt from production according to HT Facebook page.

View attachment 191112

Looks like Jeff Bridges.

219U-081-002.jpg

You guys that want the first sculpt should just go get a custom Val Kilmer figure made if you want it that bad [emoji14]

He's practically swooning. "Danger zone!"

haha. I'm pretty confident the sculpt will be much better in hand - you can tell from comparing the different photos that there's some distortion in the photography.

That said, I'm still not getting this figure - I don't really have a place to display him properly. Every other figure I'd pair him with (that I own or will own) already has a place. Chewy is going with the Hoth setup, Luke with Ben and droids. The only place I could possibly make for him would be along with Boba Fett in a mish-mash Tatooine building display I'm already planning along with a few Jawas (originally supposed to be entrance to Cantina)

(Haven't Checked) Is it too late to preorder?
I wasn't gonna bother with the Jeremy Sisto Han but this one I can live with.

Sculpt looks like a step up from the prototype. Surprised to see that people think the proto is better. I have not once looked at that and believed that I was looking at Harrison's Han Solo. This one is definitely closer but it is still lacking in some areas but better than getting the prototype sculpt.

What's even more interesting about this whole thing is them actually showing the production sculpt off like this instead of just hiding it until it releases in HK. Wish they did that more often or show more BTS stuff.

18688395648_24504209d8_c.jpg

Last edited:
the scene with him and chewie is the main one I always think of when I think of Han from ANH...That or the scene of him kicked back in his chair in the cantina with a smirk or grin on his face...I would have liked the figure's hair parted down the middle like in the han/chewie scene...And maybe even a second headsculpt with a slightly open mouth or grinning with his teeth showing...These are the expressions of Han that I imagine when I think of him...Again, I do believe the new sculpt looks much more like Ford, Im just sayin and/or nitpicking...lol...

Sculpt look like a step up from the prototype. Surprised to see that people think the proto is better. I have not once looked at that and believed that I was looking at Harrison's Han Solo. This one is definitely closer but it is still lacking in some areas but better than getting the prototype sculpt.

What's even more interesting about this whole thing is them actually showing the production sculpt off like this instead of just hiding it until it releases in HK. Wish they did that more often or show more BTS stuff.

Whats interesting to me is that for all people talk about how Howard is a SW freak, they aren't going above and beyond on all of these SW releases to make sure they are as close to perfect as licensing will allow...Even putting more effort into these than alot of their other licenses...And from the opinions Ive read on some of the figures so far, that isn't happening...

Back