1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I'd rather they take the effort to fix those boots. I hate them.

All I know is that I'll be able to display this Han Solo straight out of the box. Whereas with the Sideshow offerings, I never felt they were strong enough out of the box to display ... so they sat waiting for me to upgrade parts or get the face painted... which I just never got around to doing. So it will be nice to finally have a Han Solo on the shelf. Even with a little Hank in him.

Yup, pretty much. A likeness tweak will be a very nice bonus, but not a deal breaker if it doesn't happen.

Wait...
Han and Chewie are on flex pay already?
Does this mean they'll be charging soon?

I've had mine on an 8-month flex plan, with the last scheduled payment at the end of May. So it'll be a while yet.

The video pjam posted does look really good. These two are my most anticipated figures.

Oh and lejuan, who in the hell has ever had boring sex? I can do anything for 2 minutes and stay fully engaged when need be. :lol

Was there an exclusive version of the two pack?

Not officially, but the two pack is technically the exclusive. It comes with the exclusive Han and normal chewbacca because he dose not have an exclusive unless you get the two pack. The two pack comes with the rifle for chewbacca. Hope that helps!

Or you can get the two-pack of stormtroopers and get the same rifle.

Then split the monthly coupons between Han and Chewie separately to save $40 instead of just $20 on the two-pack.

The set of han and chewie is the best thing I've seen from HT in a long time but that han head sculpt was starting to bug me. I like sculpting 1/6 figure heads that aren't anything special and I've wanted to try a ford sculpt on my own since HT Indy came out years ago. Here is an early WIP pic of my first ford sculpt. It's still very rough around the eyes and forehead so he looks a little older than he will when finished. Let me know what you guys think. Forgive the picture quality.
IMG_0262.JPG

The set of han and chewie is the best thing I've seen from HT in a long time but that han head sculpt was starting to bug me. I like sculpting 1/6 figure heads that aren't anything special and I've wanted to try a ford sculpt on my own since HT Indy came out years ago. Here is an early WIP pic of my first ford sculpt. It's still very rough around the eyes and forehead so he looks a little older than he will when finished. Let me know what you guys think. Forgive the picture quality.
View attachment 165073

At a glance, I already see more '70s Ford in there than HT. There is a plasticity and animated, almost caricature-like quality to Ford's face in that era that you seem to translate well.

Did you go to school for this?

I'm also a sculptor in terms of my default skill set but my specialties lie elsewhere. I've been tempted to try my hand at 1/6 head-sculpts lately; I imagine the scale is difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a glance, I already see more '70s Ford in there than HT. There is a plasticity and animated, almost caricature-like quality to Ford's face in that era that you seem to translate well.

Did you go to school for this?

I'm also a sculptor in terms of my default skill set but my specialties lie elsewhere. I've been tempted to try my hand at 1/6 head-sculpts lately; I imagine the scale is difficult.

Thanks ZE! I studied drawing and painting for 3 years but only began sculpting once I started collecting action figures as an adult. A little here and there until I found hot toys DX01 Joker (bank robber also) and how awesomely detailed and impressive a 1/6 headsculpt can be. I applied what I knew from drawing and just went at sculpting heads. The scale itself is a challenge because keeping all the features at that small scale and relative in size to each other is tough. Measuring tools only do so much when your working that small. I use a spare truetype head to keep my measurements as similar to hot toys as possible.

if you can make duplicates you can sell them and get good money. I would take one

Once I get it molded I'd be happy to make more casts. I'm hoping to have the sculpt finished in the next couple days and get some good quality pics up.

Great work Sculptron - & username. :lol

That's Ford.

That just made my day, man. Thank you!

I guess I'm in the minority but I really have no problems with the current Han sculpt and I'm a real pain in the ass about sculpts -- I know, what's wrong with you dude? But even if they don't do a few tweaks ( which I'd love) I think I'm okay with it if it matches the figure in this video ( which I'm sure has been cycled through this thread ad nauseum). Anyway... really looking forward to this set ( it's already pre-sold out at AE)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RtDWNtb77U

Completely agree,i think overall it's a pretty good sculpt of a chiselled ford from ANH. The high hair line is throwing it off more than anything.

I agree, that looks great already, especially around the jaw and mouth, a little more work will make it stellar. It's already better than HT's by virtue of the fact that it looks more like Ford.

Back