1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure that Indy sculpt suits ANH Han so well. May be the pics but it looks narrow. Some distance on the sculpt might help with the warping.

I was always curious how MJ's Indy would look with Jnix Han hair... now I know.

Its a great sculpt to play around with. The Jnix sculpt is a work of art. All comes down to money - something teachers like me don't have:(

Looks pretty good:
IMG_9291.JPG

Just to clarify, Kit didn't commission anything. That was initially a sculpt by artist MJ Choi that was recast and whose hair was resculpted without the artist's permission.

https://www.facebook.com/mj.choi.777/posts/340585886117981

Was that Facebook posting in regards to the Indy? That post is from close to three years ago and the Indy head is less than two, and I thought I read on here somewhere that he had reached an agreement with Kit.

It's kind of significant that the hair on this "ESB Indy" is a new sculpt, and it looks decent (far better than those awful eBay "ROTJ" hairpieces that they were using on the HT Bespin Luke recasts) so you have to wonder who sculpted it if Kit is just a recaster.

Looks a lot better than both the HT and Jnix. As the sculpt started life as Indiana Jones I'm seeing strong ESB potential.

View attachment 332467

I do think it looks better as ESB Han, but I'm considering pulling the Indy version of this off and putting back the old repaint of the SSC ROTLA head I have. It's definitely got some good HF in there, but it just doesn't quite work, and it's been vaguely bugging me for months. The original Choi sculpt, while oversized, defintely does have better likeness than the recast (even though the recast is a better size.) The ears on both are silly large though.

I would say it still looks a touch big, but could be lens distortion adding to it too. Definitely a lot of Ford in the sculpt.

Was that Facebook posting in regards to the Indy? That post is from close to three years ago and the Indy head is less than two, and I thought I read on here somewhere that he had reached an agreement with Kit.
Sounds like from the chain it was in regard to a Joker sculpt.

After seeing additional pictures, I'm actually not really diggin' that sculpt as an ESB Han, or any Han for that matter personally.

Yeah, maybe darker. Always tough to say from a few shots though. HT Han had a bit of range, while still being generally dark some were in the acceptable range.

is your han sporting the enterbay han pants or are those the celebration luke pants. I used the hot toys han and gave him the ss hoth han unhatted hair to the sculpt. IMG_0237.jpg.

I'm using Celebration Luke pants. Love your ESB Han custom. Those Virtual Toys Explorer boots are the bomb...and IMPOSSIBLE to find anymore!

I'm using Celebration Luke pants. Love your ESB Han custom. Those Virtual Toys Explorer boots are the bomb...and IMPOSSIBLE to find anymore!

yep. I got a pair for my han and a pair for my jedi luke. wish I could find two more pairs for a maybe rotj han and tarkin. I have the hot toys ANH han body coming so I will swap him over to that when it comes in. then I will see which body looks better.

Back