1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will likely sell out like the Stormtroopers. And I do believe HT rushed these figures out and there's some blantant evidence of that as you point out.

I still think this first wave of OT characters we're seeing from HT has been "in the can" so to speak for a while. After Bespin Luke, it did get all quiet (rumors and half-announcements about a DX Han or DX Anakin were bandied about during that period)....I can't believe something like Chewie happened just over the last year either. I bet HT had many of these at the ready for a while...they couldn't have just sat there doing no development for SW for all the time since Bespin Luke was released. Once the rumors started swirling of George "selling out" to the Mouse started swirling, they might have just held onto the figures they were developing for SW and just waited for the "better" deal. (All of this is pure speculation just for the fun of it of course)

If there was any rush here, it could've been production. Looking forward myself to seeing what all of the fuss is about....

I'm glad that these are coming out now. I wouldn't have been able to get any of these if they had been released shortly after Bespin Luke came out.

Greatly appreciate inputs from all users here. really affects me who hasn't give in... yet. still thinking about it. I'm okay with the chewie but the han solo face does seem too doll like (from pictures). but I guess its really risky if they go for a face sculpt with one expression as compared to none.

hoping for a young version 2. I'll keep watch here maybe someone will post a custom alternate han solo face sculpt.

If there was any rush here, it could've been production. ....

I agree and believe that's exactly the point. Doesn't matter how great your prototype is, until comes the day where you have to mass produce and then make deals for fabric, make casts, etc. If you're rushed, things like tweaks go out the window, could explain the weird material choice on Ben's inner robes, and Han's shirt, Leia's dress, the rather dark color of Chewbacca's fur, etc.

I'm certain they had many protos to show off to the licensor, no matter what the cost. But realizing those for market is limited to available goods and limited time.

Greatly appreciate inputs from all users here. really affects me who hasn't give in... yet. still thinking about it. I'm okay with the chewie but the han solo face does seem too doll like (from pictures). but I guess its really risky if they go for a face sculpt with one expression as compared to none.

hoping for a young version 2. I'll keep watch here maybe someone will post a custom alternate han solo face sculpt.

While there will be 2 more HT Han headsculpts within the next year that will/may work for ANH, there won't be another round of ANH Han outfits from HT.

I know there's the Stormtrooper disguise, but what's the other one that's coming?

Other than hopefully a HT Bespin Han, which I don't think would really be usable for this.

Yeah, Jack bauer (who appears to have some inside knowledge) confirmed a Han Bespin/Carb as upcoming, and then there's the obvious Han stormie - which may or may not be the "smiling Han" head seen in the HT Falcon dio. The hair on the HT ANH Han isn't all that ANH in style (kind of ESB,) so there's a chance even the Bespin one might be usable for ANH.

The Sideshow Han stormie was a "smiling" head, but not sure HT would follow that necessarily.

HT would be fools not to make an ESB Han with Carbonite. Hopefully the ESB line takes off after they wrap up TFA.

It would be great if they released a different headsculpt for Han with each diorama. Smiling head for the cargo area. What are we calling that again? Where the chess board is? And then maybe a concerned or yelling sculpt for the cockpit!

They can keep the casual face for the disguise trooper. just need a bit of squint for more "Playability".
Thank you TailBane. I don't want to miss out on ANH costume since ROTJ ver has a slim chance.

Changed the pose:

IMG_0653.JPG

ROGUE ONE will be a year away when TFA opens. That line won't see the light of day until the Fall of 2016. ESB & ROTJ are probably next.

Yeah, but consider the fact that Hot Toys hasn't shown us Rey, Finn, Poe, Luke, Leia, and Han from TFA yet. They'll probably be releasing those throughout the year. I don't doubt that they'll be releasing some OT stuff as well, but a full line up from ESB or ROTJ like we've recently had with ANH, probably won't be in the cards for next year.

Yeah, but consider the fact that Hot Toys hasn't shown us Rey, Finn, Poe, Luke, Leia, and Han from TFA yet. They'll probably be releasing those throughout the year. I don't doubt that they'll be releasing some OT stuff as well, but a full line up from ESB or ROTJ like we've recently had with ANH, probably won't be in the cards for next year.

I don't think it's a guarantee that we'll be getting a full line up from ESB and ROTJ at any point, frankly. Other than some more obvious characters (like Bespin Han, Slave Leia, or Jedi Luke), it could be that ANH and TFA were the only movies they ever had plans to do full lines for. Unless there was an announcement earlier that I missed...

Held off on pics of Han, because, like Chewbacca, he's such a mystery. In hand, also like Chewbacca, he's stunning. But they're both difficult to photograph. Lighting is crucial. I tried playing with shadows and washing him out. I think these two pics do a decent job of displaying the fact that it's an excellent sculpt with excellent paint. One of the main problems with the likeness, in my opinion at least, is his hair color. It's simply too dark. I may attempt to mist a lighter brown over it. Not sure. Anyways, I'm over the moon with both figures. Many more pics to come.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

Back