1/6 Hot Toys MMS 261-Star Wars: Episode IV-Han Solo 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, everybody,

Am I alone to notice Han has a smiling face displayed in the Falcon?

View attachment 205909

May be HT will release it for Stormtrooper Han?

There were others that caught that a while ago. Speculation has been that this may be a sculpt for a Han in Storm Trooper disguise like you mentioned. Would be cool if true.

So I'm re-sold on Han with the great pics reviews etc. But still have reservations on Chewie. Even with in hand pics. Anyone who has him.....any comments ? Normally I'd wait for a ESB version. But don't think they'll be revisiting Chewie again. He'll be put in the too hard basket.

Got my notice for processing for the two-pack today too, last Flex Pay set for tomorrow.

BTW, I'm going to start a thread on this when it arrives, but I decided not to get into the Star Wars line after pre-ordering and spending a bunch on FlexPay payments (not losing all that money!), so I decided to sell it once I got it.

Anyways, willing to sell it for $470 shipped in the US (That's $10 off Sideshow's price plus free shipping). PM me.

Sideshow will NEVER make figures as good as HT's Han Solo and Chewie. They just can't do it. They had over 10 years to make Chewbacca but instead always chose the cheapest and easiest routes to cashing in from the SW license by LITERALLY making CLONES! And it's terrible that they take a cash advance for their products and ALWAYS deliver something that's worse than advertised. ALWAYS. Some of you collectors are like a battered spouse that can't leave an abusive relationship. That X-Wing Luke and the Temple Indy are NOT going to look like the protos. Don't kid yourself!

This is not in regards to the Hoth figures as I passed on them due to how they came out in production but some of the SS stuff is pretty awesome, including human head sculpts. I know a lot of the die hard fans passed on this one as he is EU but Darth Malgus has stunning sculpt and paint apps. A couple of the clones had really good work as well just prior to Hoth figures, but then things seemed to go downhill and the paint apps especially slid backwards a number of years - especially on the Hoth figures but Snake Plisken faired even worse.

I don't understand this but assume it is due to how the factory commissions work in China. It would seem that the prototype is bid out to manufacturing services in China who than go back and forth on materials, labor, and cost until they come to an agreement. For those who collect figures beyond the big 2 mentioned here, this can be quite dramatic from releases to release. Generally with SSC and HT's amount of time in the field, it was assumed they had gained enough experience and connections to have these concerns become minimal but the latest rounds of SSC releases have surely proved otherwise. Also with HT, the shear amount of products we have seen them preview and then rapidly turn to release exceeds anything they have ever done before and it has had its effect on what expectations were for human likenesses on some of our favorite heros. Things seem to be turning out ok for HT and it seems for the first time ever they have even listened to their fan's opinions during the production phases.

I for one am not counting Sideshow out of the game by any means and I am looking forward to their new releases but with some trepidation. The days of pre-ordering based on proto-type for me are gone especially with SSC but even so with HT. I need to see it in hands now before I jump on it.

Sideshow will NEVER make figures as good as HT's Han Solo and Chewie. They just can't do it. They had over 10 years to make Chewbacca but instead always chose the cheapest and easiest routes to cashing in from the SW license by LITERALLY making CLONES!

this is literally the first time someone has used the word literally properly. this world has gone literally nuts with the use of the word literally.

ps; i used it wrong on purpose don't bother me about it. :)

Hi, everybody,

Am I alone to notice Han has a smiling face displayed in the Falcon?

View attachment 205909

May be HT will release it for Stormtrooper Han?

Reading interviews from the HT sculptors and JC Hong, they usually make a few variations for each figure during the approval process. Smiling Han might be one either Disney didn't approve, or HT didn't decide to go with in production.

I remember Kojun made like 5-8 different Jack Sparrow heads for the DX06. 2 of them were finalized. This may be the case.

I
Sideshow will NEVER make figures as good as HT's Han Solo and Chewie. They just can't do it. They had over 10 years to make Chewbacca but instead always chose the cheapest and easiest routes to cashing in from the SW license by LITERALLY making CLONES! And it's terrible that they take a cash advance for their products and ALWAYS deliver something that's worse than advertised. ALWAYS. Some of you collectors are like a battered spouse that can't leave an abusive relationship. That X-Wing Luke and the Temple Indy are NOT going to look like the protos. Don't kid yourself!

I don't care about SS's protos or raw sculpts or whatever. It's all about what comes out of the box after you pay $200. That Hoth Han looks like some kind of $25 bootleg SW marionette you'd buy out of the back of a van in TJ. Hot Toy's Han is AWESOME. It's BETTER than the prototype!

THANK YOU Hot Toys for these amazing figures. THANK YOU for always advancing your craft and pushing yourselves to make your already excellent figures even better! I can't wait for Vader, Ben, Leia, Luke and the rest! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU, HOT TOYS!

You go girl! Stick it to the man! Grlll power to the max! It's so wizard!!

Back