1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's been an interesting ride. I owned the DX 01 and DX02, the TF EX Begins Batman, and the Reeve Superman. I think I sold the DX 01 and DX 02 for the Keaton and Nicholson Batman, and then, I sold the TF EX. Batman when I saw the EB Batman (not sure where that money wound up going :lol), and I only sold my DX 08 and DX 09 last year, when I saw the IMINIME Cowboy figure (I don't regret my decision, though, as I'm sure I wouldn't have to pay $3K on the aftermarket for those guys).

Currently, I only have Reeve and Blondie (The Cowboy), but that's only because my interests extend into video games, movies, and comic books, as well. Those comic books, man. $3 here, $4 there; it might not seem like much, but, when you collect them from month to month, it can eat up that hobby budget quick.:lol

Im sure you can still get the 08 09, 66 duo and the Nolan Bats figures later on down the road. You did make a good decision if the GBU Blondie fig is important to you as the price of that skyrocket even faster than the usual HT stuffs which you can always buy later.

My interests also diversify recently into sneakers, watches and **** :lol Starting to cut back on figures now, as Im not home much to enjoy them anyways :(

Well, that's part of it, with me, as well. This is more of a "long term" hobby, and I really don't even enjoy the ones I have right now, as I don't want to display them without proper shelving. The detolf's pretty much what I'd go for, but the nearest Ikea's like one state away. I really want to build up my collection, though. Especially with stuff like Back to the Future coming (I had to pre-order McFly; seriously, my hand was possessed, like in Evil Dead 2).

A few of those things are big "maybes," like the armory. I love the Alfred and the armory, itself, but Wayne and Batman, themselves, didn't really stun me, but seeing how much people who actually own it love it makes me think that it might be worth it. I'd still go for the QS, first, but, with stuff like Gordon and the Batsignal coming out, it's almost like HT are making it easy to build a collection in 1/6th, with these combo packs.

Pics I took of this great figure. Thought I share. Enjoy....

P9100015.jpg

P9100016.jpg

P9100018.jpg

P9100019.jpg

P9100021.jpg

P9100023.jpg

P9100025.jpg

P9100026.jpg

No amount of heavily 'shopped pics or crappy iphone pics or even this being sold at $180 will ever make me cave.

This release is a ripoff plain and simple.

Sorry about the rant gents, moving along.

It's funny this figure has been getting bashed left and right, but I see some of the same people bashing this figure paying $300 plus so they can have a heavier Iron Man figure, we all get raped one way or another in the collecting game, some people are just in denial I guess.

Pics look amazing my man, these are probably the best pics posted so far.

Thanks! you guys have any ideas of how to unwrinkle the suit without taking the whole figure apart? I notice in my pics joker needs some dry cleaning haha.

It's funny this figure has been getting bashed left and right, but I see some of the same people bashing this figure paying $300 plus so they can have a heavier Iron Man figure, we all get raped one way or another in the collecting game, some people are just in denial I guess.

You won't see an Iron Man in my house, that's for sure. I always said I'd take this for about $50 less. If I ever see great a deal on it, I will join the dark side!

You won't see an Iron Man in my house, that's for sure. I always said I'd take this for about $50 less. If I ever see great a deal on it, I will join the dark side!

Same here :duff

That might change though, I could see me buying the Mark 3 since I loved Iron Man 1, but even that I doubt I’ll get.

I have no problem with the Iron Man collectors, but it’s a bit strange when some of those guys come in here and start screaming “ripoff” even though they’re paying about an extra 70 dollars for a heavier figure with almost no accessories.]

I used points on this, so I didn’t end up paying the full price, but even if had to pay this one in full, I wouldn’t mind, it’s a pretty great figure.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. Unfortunately the bottom of the left leg was broken when I opened it... the foot was still in the plastic which was not even on the leg, it was under it... I'm probably going to contact sideshow about a replacement, but before I do, is there an easier way to do that? Can I just get another leg?mms249.jpg

This figure wouldn't be getting the flak it has gotten if it were priced at $220, $230 tops. $270 just for starters is rough.

But a lot of doubters are changing their minds, so maybe Howard's crazy like a fox.

Mine arrived today. Unfortunately the bottom of the left leg was broken when I opened it... the foot was still in the plastic which was not even on the leg, it was under it... I'm probably going to contact sideshow about a replacement, but before I do, is there an easier way to do that? Can I just get another leg?View attachment 133075

You could get another leg, but you need to buy another body which would cost around $50 or so. But it's better to contact SS and get a replacement. Since it'd be free.

Back