1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the customs reverse the situation though. Yeah they look more like Ledger but they have approximately zero Joker personality. Why take such an expressive character and give him the blandest face he could possibly have.

Oh I agree that they look like Ledger in makeup out-of character or how he might look in between scene takes like he's just standing around. Ideally, it'd be cool to get both the Ledger and Joker likeness with one sculpt or two separate sculpts with one figure. Option #2 would be my favorite. A Joker figure with one HS that has the Joker personality and a second sculpt that looks like the Imaresqd/Adam Gu sculpt. Also, HT should let someone else sculpt the Joker...I think 7 Yulli sculpts is enough already.

Also, I think the problem with HT, is that they always sculpt THE JOKER, not Heath Ledger. They should make a sculpt that looks like Ledger ...and THEN, add the scars, so that it looks like Ledger wearing makeup, like some of the custom sculpts out there. If you take the makeup away from the DX11, the joker personality is there, but not the Ledger Likeness...well..maybe a little bit, IMO.

I don't know--in this photo this one looks pretty much exactly like Ledger to me. Pretty much convinces me to grab a DX-11.

She's the usual Arnie-sculptor for Hot Toys aswell. I wouldn't mind seeing someone else get a shot at him myself.

It should be the best who can do it, get's the figure. Let 5 artist/sculptors take a shot, and the one that looks the best, goes into production. That's how I would do it. My money would be on Kojun winning.

I don't know--in this photo this one looks pretty much exactly like Ledger to me. Pretty much convinces me to grab a DX-11.

Yeah, it's a good sculpt, imo. It's my favorite so far.

I finally had the chance to see the EB Joker in person earlier today.

You know, for all the hate EB gets (warranted for them crap bodies) they do know how to do head sculpts really well.

It really beats the hell out of HT's 200th attempt.

I finally had the chance to see the EB Joker in person earlier today.

You know, for all the hate EB gets (warranted for them crap bodies) they do know how to do head sculpts really well.

It really beats the hell out of HT's 200th attempt.

Are you serious?

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.

What do you guys think of this one?

I'm kinda sold to it!

image.jpg

I think that might be the recast of a head that's being done in the customs section If it is, buying it would be frowned upon.

That was my first thought, but no, I checked, side by side, and hair doesn't match. But I don't really recognize DX01either. It's from headplay, so obviously a recast, but I really think is good.

EDIT: oh, oops and sorry, already bought!

Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive...

It is the recast of the majestic head sculpt

Last edited:
Back