1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're just justifying it, which is fine. You want it, you paid the price, you dig it, cool. All you have to say is that you like what you're seeing and paid that price tag. Don't try and justify it though, when other similar figures and cases are much cheaper (even within the same license).

The base is the same. Sometimes the only difference between bases is a sticker or cardboard cut out, case in point, the new bendy stands. DC has nothing to do with it, at all. You're reasoning there is pretty strange. And yeah, I just threw New Goblin in the same realm of conversation as the Joker. The both have the same base, two heads and a slew of accessories. The difference? One was an all new figure for it's time and the other one is a repaint of a 6 year old figure with "newly tailored clothing". That's it.

So if popularity does come into play, than that proves that these companies are just charging arbitrarily without any rhyme or reason, because they can, which blows.

I do agree with you though. I do feel that I am overpaying. But when I was expecting to pay $230-$240, my thinking is what's another $30 for a figure I really want and will be more superior than the first version.

I just think people are going a bit overboard regarding the price. There are a lot of unknown price factors that come into play that we as collectors don't know about.

One ended at $430 too.

Those people throwing that down are idiots.

Hundreds of them will be selling for that price in the coming weeks & months. Telling you, this is one of the biggest issue people seem to overlook.

But im still tired of talking about pricing. time to move on from this thread...Ive POd and ill be happy when he arrives in a few months :):wave

You have chosen ... Wisely.

:hi5: :yess:

you-have-chosen-poorly.jpg

I have the first one so there's no way I'm paying $270 for this version. I'm glad the people that missed v1 have a chance to get the figure again but I'm sorry they're going to have to pay so much to get it.

One ended at $430 too.

Those people throwing that down are idiots.

They are morons with too much disposable income.

For purely collecting, perhaps. But if it makes em happy to be the first ones to get it and they can afford it, who are we to judge.

That being sad, majority of those are probably youtube reviewers, trying to get money from those views by being the first to review em.

I had V1, but had to sell it. Sold it for 250. Getting this one though. These figures are getting ridiculous. Selling most of my marvel figures.
Concentrating on DC and Star Wars.

For purely collecting, perhaps. But if it makes em happy to be the first ones to get it and they can afford it, who are we to judge.

That being said, majority of those are probably youtube reviewers, trying to get money from those views by being the first to review em.

I don't have a problem with how people spend their money, and like you said, if it makes them happy, more power to them. My problem is the possible negative effect they have on the industry. They enable those ebay sellers and scalpers to ask for ridiculous prices, but worst, it opens the door for HT and Sideshow to ask just as much because they know there are people willing to pay anything for those products, unfortunately.

if people knew how much we paid for ANY of these figures they would think the same about all of us :lol. I never mention the price of my figures to my friends/family.

I know. The only time I mention the price is if someone wants to know. :)

This is the only figure I regret selling, so naturally I felt I had to pick it up again. The price is way too steep, and without reward points I probably would have been priced out, but I know I was saving them for something like this. Still, $270 bucks is WAY too steep

I don't have a problem with how people spend their money, and like you said, if it makes them happy, more power to them. My problem is the possible negative effect they have on the industry. They enable those ebay sellers and scalpers to ask for ridiculous prices, but worst, it opens the door for HT and Sideshow to ask just as much because they know there are people willing to pay anything for those products, unfortunately.

Thats just supply and demand, the way I see it. Do I like it? No, Im in the same boat as you.

If these arent moving at $270, SS/HT will price their next exclusives at a price that they will sell.

Back