1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 249 - The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) - 1/6 - TF Exclusive 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a lot more than a repaint, the entire costume had been overhauled. The fabric for the suit is completely different and it's amazing, by far the best fabric suit hot toys have made, why they couldn't use the same
Material for the armory bruce or Alfred I don't know.
All the accessories, the new painted sculpt is phenomenal and far better than the cartoony dx 11.
It's simply amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fighting words! Sorry but I prefer the DX11 from the pics and the SSC video at least. It just catches the weirdness of his character better. This is great for the angry side of Joker but a bit one dimensional for me.

BTW thanks for the close up the fabric on the suit looks amazing there. It's probably better quality fabric than the actual suit!

I agree, I was a lot more blown away by the BR 2.0 than the DX11 when I first got it, but the BRJ 2.0 is a bit overpriced, not as bad some people are making it out to be though.

I also hate when people say this but I'm going to say it, this is one of those figures that looks a lot better in person, and it's extremely fun to pose. After the QS001 this is easily my favorite purchase of the year.

Fighting words! Sorry but I prefer the DX11 from the pics and the SSC video at least. It just catches the weirdness of his character better. This is great for the angry side of Joker but a bit one dimensional for me.

BTW thanks for the close up the fabric on the suit looks amazing there. It's probably better quality fabric than the actual suit!

I completely understand, for me
Though the opening scene from the dark knight is phenomenal and Iconic.
I love the look of the joker in this understated outfit

I agree, I was a lot more blown away by the BR 2.0 than the DX11 when I first got it, but the BRJ 2.0 is a bit overpriced, not as bad some people are making it out to be though.

I also hate when people say this but I'm going to say it, this is one of those figures that looks a lot better in person, and it's extremely fun to pose. After the QS001 this is easily my favorite purchase of the year.

Exactly
I got the armory, robocop and this at the same time and believe it or not I prefer this too all of them

I'll be getting the armory in this month and I'm pretty sure I'll feel the same as you.

Yeah, I knew the re-tailoring would be brought up in its defense. Apparently, repainting and improving tailoring cost $50 more than brand new sculpting and tailoring. It's a weird world we live in.

I completely understand, for me
Though the opening scene from the dark knight is phenomenal and Iconic.
I love the look of the joker in this understated outfit

I'm definitely pleased that people love this figure, and sometimes a character can have a particular look that isn't their main look but somehow appeals more. I've got a real soft spot for the Tony Stark Mandarin Mansion figure for instance.

Where are all the "critics" and nay sayers that used to flood this thread before this was released? The ones saying this was a waste and a rip off?
It is far far better than I could have hoped- it is truly a great release with great improvements.

Nobody changed their tune, it's just that this is old news at this point and people moved on. It is a waste and a rip off, the price is still ridiculous.

Considering how long this has been in stock over at Sideshow (plus all the little "deals" they keep trying to throw into it), I'd say a good majority of folks moved on and have forgotten about this thing. Hell, I think that already happened immediately after July after all the great things we saw at SDCC. :lol

Yeah, this is selling for only about $100 less than what I paid for my Hulk a couple months back, and that's just ridiculous when you think about it, lol.

The better part of 300 bucks for a rehash with slight improvements. Don't get me wrong, I like the improvements but not for that price.

Where are all the "critics" and nay sayers that used to flood this thread before this was released? The ones saying this was a waste and a rip off?
It is far far better than I could have hoped- it is truly a great release with great improvements.

I still have qualms with this release, but I don't feel the need to crap all over it, especially when so many guys seem happy with theirs.

e829b951ae9f82eaf98034a89b17af94.jpg

This guy is amazing in hand. I had the original but sold it, so glad I picked this up, it's far superior

Hmmm, I've been back and forth on my opinion of this one of late. Being new to HT collecting I sadly missed out on the DX-11 when it was first released (and therefore more affordable) and as the opening bank job is my favourite scene from TDK I was looking to get this one but for me the standard (non-laughing) DX-11 head sculp was too good to pass up on so I've been scouting for a DX-11 on eBay but that pic above is pushing me back to the Bank Robber 2.0. I hope it comes down in price soon as that'll make the decision easier. I just wish you could buy that DX-11 head separately.

**Edit**

This video's swayed me. It's gotta be DX-11 all the way.

https://youtu.be/pEkZnqgDefk

Last edited:
Hmmm, I've been back and forth on my opinion of this one of late. Being new to HT collecting I sadly missed out on the DX-11 when it was first released (and therefore more affordable) and as the opening bank job is my favourite scene from TDK I was looking to get this one but for me the standard (non-laughing) DX-11 head sculp was too good to pass up on so I've been scouting for a DX-11 on eBay but that pic above is pushing me back to the Bank Robber 2.0. I hope it comes down in price soon as that'll make the decision easier. I just wish you could buy that DX-11 head separately.

**Edit**

This video's swayed me. It's gotta be DX-11 all the way.

Hot Toys Dark Knight Bank Robber Joker 2.0 Sideshow Exclusive SDCC2014 Toy Review - YouTube

The DX11 sculpt is far superior in my opinion, just catches much more of his character and not just the angry malevolent side (which this one does perfectly, but it doesn't say everything about the Joker).

I really hope this is discounted in the future... I wanna upgrade but there's no way I'm paying $270 for some minor improvements over the one I already own.

The DX11 sculpt is far superior in my opinion, just catches much more of his character and not just the angry malevolent side (which this one does perfectly, but it doesn't say everything about the Joker).

I fully agree with you. You have to ask yourself of the expression they went with on the BR 2.0... Why so serious?

Back