1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I know (and I'm about as annoyed about this as I can be) the fact that HT's have never released a Ra's is actually due to a licencing issue with Liam Neeson. Obviously they have to get his permission in order to sculpt him and from what I read they couldn't manage to get permission to sculpt him.

I don't know why it would be that HT can't get the Neeson likeness rights but Mattel did.

Well I think this set is preeeety impressive!

Spot on Cain.

I ordered from Drakeship. They have the best shipping to my location and I didnt want to pay a NRD at the moment. Busy couple of months of releases.

me too. i didn't want to pay a NRD so i ordered from Drakeship as well.

Ah ** it, ordered the full set. Now HT has got me so far that when I can get a 3-pack at €450,- I see it as a great deal. Also means that kitbashed Batman I have around will get some nifty upgrades, its value plummeted anyway. :lol

After spending some sleepless nights and having space discussions with my girl friend, I preorderd the whole set with Alfred and Bruce finally. Crossing fingers, that this will fit in my Tumbler display case, too.

Preorderd this from a Belgian Shop - 449 Euro + 7,90 Euro shipping was unbeatable and in addition I don't have to worry about customs when this set will be shipped to Germany. :)

Maybe Mattel got exclusivity in their license.

That may be the case, but I doubt Neeson suddenly got picky which toy companies could use his Ra's likeness, especially since he granted his Star Wars universe likeness to Hasbro and SideShow (and maybe a few others that I don't know about). Further, I doubt the WB would give him that much specific control to pick and choose once he already gave them the right to use his likeness in officially licensed action figure merchandise. "I like Mattel's stuff, ehhh...Hot Toys, not so much." If WB has the actor's likeness rights (as they clearly do for Neeson), and there's money to be made, they're going to license it. Especially after the massive merchandising deal they handed over to Nicholson. All or nothing: you give us merchandising rights to your character's likeness as we see fit, or you don't give it to us at all.

This might also explain why there's no officially licensed Batman figures with the likenesses of Cillian Murphy or Morgan Freeman. WB just simply doesn't have the rights.

This might also explain why there's no officially licensed Batman figures with the likenesses of Cillian Murphy or Morgan Freeman. WB just simply doesn't have the rights.
It's a shame if the reason they haven't done a Ra's yet is because of right issues. No 3rd party has yet to get Liam's likeness right and I would love it if they would offer a Ra's with two outfits, suit + ninja. :(

I don't think it's a licensing problem at all. I think it's more along the lines of Hot Toys just not giving a **** about Ra's.

I like this set! I also like that "HT" made it available in 3 separate ways, so that people can get what they choose. I think that I would get the Bruce & Alfred version ( of course it has to be the most expensive version-because I'm nuts ). I don't want to/ or I shouldn't collect anymore due to tight finances, but they keep coming out with these incredible goodies! I am so torn between selling off most of my stuff & continuing to get items I truly love.

Yeah so how do Hot Toys get the image rights of dead people, like Heath Ledger as the Joker & Christopher Reeve as Superman?

I think all the stuff about Hot Toys not being able to get the image rights etc is bogus.

Yeah so how do Hot Toys get the image rights of dead people, like Heath Ledger as the Joker & Christopher Reeve as Superman?

I think all the stuff about Hot Toys not being able to get the image rights etc is bogus.

It goes through their estate or family usually.

Estates/executors/family, existing licenses and contracts, etc. The possibilities might as well be endless because we'll never actually know the specifics from Hot Toys.

Just a question. I do not have a batman figure yet. I know there are issues with the dx batman ie, neck black around eyes, and cape. Does it look like any of these issues have been addressed?

Just a question. I do not have a batman figure yet. I know there are issues with the dx batman ie, neck black around eyes, and cape. Does it look like any of these issues have been addressed?

We have to wait and see. This is just prototype so they could make changes between now and release.

Based on the proto it's the exact same but with better mouth pieces. If we're lucky they'll scale down the cowl and PERS from the 1/4 version by the time this releases. Can't do anything about the rug cape other than having to buy a custom one yourself.

Based on the proto it's the exact same but with better mouth pieces. If we're lucky they'll scale down the cowl and PERS from the 1/4 version by the time this releases. Can't do anything about the rug cape other than having to buy a custom one yourself.

Yeah, my HT Batman capes have never made it out of the package. :lol

Back