1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$440 for three figures and the armory is a pretty great deal imo. Just saying. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys, looking to create a backdrop of the armory on a foam cardboard. Can someone point me to a high resolution wallpaper (preferably without the tumbler in the background)

Hi guys, looking to create a backdrop of the armory on a foam cardboard. Can someone point me to a high resolution wallpaper (preferably without the tumbler in the background)

I can't help you there, however could you help me or PM me your method for making the backdrops. I've tried but keep f'n it up. Lol.

Watching season 2 of Daredevil made me want to put together some violent poses. Lol.
69a72d68b167c97ff2ffcf7ee5c9f507.jpg
00d70b672276deadd3e4df5827996b3a.jpg
433fe65b6d86db80cb43c75125f5e9a1.jpg

Just watched Batman v Superman recently. Batfleck was pretty awesome in action, reminding me of the Arkham video games, but in the end I decided to go for the Armory as my very first sixth scale Batman. Gotta say, really impressed with the whole set. It's a great tribute to Christopher Nolan's Batman films.

I do have one problem, though. After putting on the Bruce head on the Batman body, the little rubber "collar" got damaged right away. It can be pretty obvious when light hits it directly. Is this a common problem with the Hot Toys Bale Batman line? I live in a tropical country where it can get warm and humid, and the box was probably in the store for a couple of years, so maybe this made the problem worse.

image.jpg

Macro shots make it look even worse and more bothersome, of course, but I'll hopefully get over it in time. Still a bummer, though. Now I feel compelled to weather the rest of the suit ):

image.jpg

About the cape, I still haven't put it on since I've read that a lot of people had problems attaching it and getting it right. Any tips for the cape?

Also, how do I go about putting another Hot Toys head (one without the sculpted neck) on the Bruce body? I've never done a kit bash before, but I want to make use of the Bruce body instead of just leaving it in storage.

image.jpg

Is there some kind of neck adapter that people recommend?

Just watched Batman v Superman recently. Batfleck was pretty awesome in action, reminding me of the Arkham video games, but in the end I decided to go for the Armory as my very first sixth scale Batman. Gotta say, really impressed with the whole set. It's a great tribute to Christopher Nolan's Batman films...

View attachment 255407

You made a wise choice. The Armory set is an instant TDK collection display.

Alfred looks amazing in that shot. :rock

Is the belt removable? There's a wrapper that says read instructions but it doesn't explain how to remove it

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

You made a wise choice. The Armory set is an instant TDK collection display.

Alfred looks amazing in that shot. :rock

Thanks! :D I liked how melancholic Alfred was in the films, just wanting a different life for Bruce, so I thought of posing him that way.

Anyone else getting the same "rubber collar" cracking issue like in my photo above, though?

J
Also, how do I go about putting another Hot Toys head (one without the sculpted neck) on the Bruce body? I've never done a kit bash before, but I want to make use of the Bruce body instead of just leaving it in storage.

View attachment 255469

Is there some kind of neck adapter that people recommend?

You need one of these necks. Can find one on ebay

4191566749_958db17255.jpg

But I think that head sculpt you are using, (Star Lord?) will require a muscle body.

e27JJ.jpg

I picked up a loose gordon figure from the signal to go with Alfred and bruce. The second I posed them up it hit me. Roger Sterling, Don Draper, and Lane Pryce.

Which Bruce Wayne sculpt has the best paint job overall?

I'd go for the armory head...
I have both, armory and dx12 bruce heads, and the dx12 head has a shine to it, makes it look a bit more like plastic.
Also, the armory bruce wayne head has thicker eyebrows, the eyebrows help a lot to make it look like bale, and the dx12 eyebrows were a bit thinner
Also, the armory head has more of those little "pores-freckles" like paint over it, making it look more realistic....

I'd go for the armory head...
I have both, armory and dx12 bruce heads, and the dx12 head has a shine to it, makes it look a bit more like plastic.
Also, the armory bruce wayne head has thicker eyebrows, the eyebrows help a lot to make it look like bale, and the dx12 eyebrows were a bit thinner
Also, the armory head has more of those little "pores-freckles" like paint over it, making it look more realistic....
Thanks for the info, looks like the armory sculpt is the way to go. I want to get one to put together a League of Shadows Bruce.

I like the toys fair Bruce head for a LOS version, looks the part for begins Bale although they can be pretty expensive now I guess

60a2f94374237e2caec7d73c28570f8e.jpg

Back