1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest problem I had with that scene was how the hell did Batman cross the frozen river without falling in? Did he climb down from the bridge like a monkey and find a thick patch of ice?

In Batman Begins, Ra’s teaches Bruce how to walk on ice.

There are some who are convinced that Begins is the best of the three! :cuckoo::lol To each their own.

BB was the best....

The bat logo extravaganza is silly on its face, but it was done to both warn Bane that his hours were numbered and to give a besieged city a semblance of hope.

It's funny that you used the phrase "his hours were numbered" because if he hadn't stopped to make that logo he would have gotten to the bomb with plenty of time instead of down to the wire. And no, I don't believe that he planned to stop bane, stop the bomb and fly it out in the last remaining seconds in order to fake his own death from the beginning. Most of the movie was poorly thought out. Ah who cares anyway

BB was the best....

It's funny that you used the phrase "his hours were numbered" because if he hadn't stopped to make that logo he would have gotten to the bomb with plenty of time instead of down to the wire. And no, I don't believe that he planned to stop bane, stop the bomb and fly it out in the last remaining seconds in order to fake his own death from the beginning. Most of the movie was poorly thought out. Ah who cares anyway

It's called Suspension of Disbelief. Like when Bane's about to shoot Batman in the face and Catwoman arrives just in time to scatter him across the lobby.

Or like TDK, when the Joker's ridiculous plan to get himself arrested and freed, while ensuring that Harvey Dent, and not Rachel Dawes, survives the Snidely Whiplash predicament actually works.

Or like Begins, when Ras's diabolical plan is foiled with a hundred feet to spare.

It's called Suspension Of Disbelief. Like when Bane's about to shoot Batman in the face and Catwoman arrives just in time to scatter him across the room.

Or like Begins, when Ras's plan is foiled with a hundred feet to spare.

That's not really the same thing. Catwoman busting in is just one instance where as Bruce plotting to fake his own death based on a timer that someone else set is much too large to just label it as "suspension of disbelief." It was more like lazy storytelling. The burden is supposed to be on the writer not the audience. That term gets thrown around too easily these days.

I like what you've done here.

Thanks brother

I think I will put the armory with the empty bat suit above this display on top of my glass case, and put the new armory head on my current DX12, and store the old DX12 head away (with a degree of satisfaction I might add).

Do you think I should leave this display as it is though? Because I was considering working Ducard and Two-face in it with all of the figures on standard bases to make room. Apart of me thinks it mite end up looking cluttered and just be better off left as is.

Is that the DX11 shotgun?

yes it is.

Has anyone tried putting the armory into a standard detolf. I think I mite be kidding myself if I think I can fit all of this in my current batman display.

View attachment 132010

I've started to lean toward BB > TDK myself for the same reasons. BB just flows better especially toward the end, TDK's ending is really dark and depressing and even a bit unhinged; However TDK just has to many things going for it overall. I doubt I'll ever put another batman film before it, except maybe 89 batman.

I love TDK. Tons of Batman and Joker make it great but Begins is a very focused and more simple story. In a way that movie stood well on its own and would have been fine without sequels. To me that may be why it's so great.

That's not really the same thing. Catwoman busting in is just one instance where as Bruce plotting to fake his own death based on a timer that someone else set is much too large to just label it as "suspension of disbelief." It was more like lazy storytelling. The burden is supposed to be on the writer not the audience. That term gets thrown around too easily these days.

I couldn't agree more. I usually try not to poke holes in a plot line, because I find movies in general are far more enjoyable if you just sit back and enjoy the ride. But I just cant seem to do that with TDKR.

Thanks brother

I think I will put the armory with the empty bat suit above this display on top of my glass case, and put the new armory head on my current DX12, and store the old DX12 head away (with a degree of satisfaction I might add).

Do you think I should leave this display as it is though? Because I was considering working Ducard and Two-face in it with all of the figures on standard bases to make room. Apart of me thinks it mite end up looking cluttered and just be better off left as is.

Yeah, anything more than three and it might get a little cramped.

I personally like every batman film, even batman and robin (its fun to watch with my youngest child). But for me personally batman begins is not even close to the dark knight, I like the dark knight rises more than begins too, only its ending let's it down.

Begins has its moments if brilliance, but I just feel the first hour is a bit of a chore. I've read so many time how superior begins is to the dark knight, but I personally just cannot see it, the dark Knight is right up there with batman 1989 for me, the film that got be into batman when I was 10.

I don't agree, it's all SoD. Like, how Batman could only be a local area citizen, physically fit and wealthy beyond compare (someone who's able to wield weapons that the DoD could only dream of. And still, nobody could deduce his true identity, not even a 25-year-guy like Jim Gordon.

I personally like every batman film, even batman and robin (its fun to watch with my youngest child). But for me personally batman begins is not even close to the dark knight, I like the dark knight rises more than begins too, only its ending let's it down.

Begins has its moments if brilliance, but I just feel the first hour is a bit of a chore. I've read so many time how superior begins is to the dark knight, but I personally just cannot see it, the dark Knight is right up there with batman 1989 for me, the film that got be into batman when I was 10.

Much of it has to do with how the character is treated/interpreted by Nolan and his team.

Ok, hold on a second… The biggest tech announcement of the year coming down in two days and you guys are still trying to figure out which one of the three Nolan Batman movies is the best? Or whether or not two are good and one sucks? Just checking. Carry on. ;)

The biggest tech announcement of the year coming down in two days . . .

giphy.gif

To me, Batman Begins has a better balance of the whole real world thing Nolan was going for and the more fantastical comic book world. He went too far with the real world stuff in TDK. It feels less like a comic book movie and more like a crime drama which is one of the things I don't really like about it.

Back