1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 236-TDK Armory (with Batman, Alfred, and Bruce Wayne Figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the same DX12 offered a while back.

As it's a new production run, they could have easily left out or replaced the padding under the suit, possibly saving themselves some material and labor costs. Won't know until we have it in hand. It's pretty obvious that this is a value release however and isn't intended to erase or replace the DX status of the original.

So you care about likeness then? If that is true then you at least must admit that this is an improvement over the DX12 cowl sculpt? I mean this looks like Bale as Batman , the DX12 looks like cartoon character with those big frog eyes.

I never said it didn't look better. I said the original didn't look bad. Hyperbole aside, your comments are completely empty - that's what I'm on about. You guys are too much. There's so much else that Hot Toys has completely flubbed and this is what you concentrate on? How are you guys displaying this guy? Do you put as much work into your displays as you do into going off the deep end with the hate? Honestly, I'd like to know.

Design and successful product creation is a balance of the big picture and details. You can't focus only on one.

And again, if you have any attention to detail know one thing, the "cowl sculpt" is his helmet/mask. If you're taking about paint on the eyes or his mouth, then mention them specifically. People have issues with each one of those things separately.

As it's a new production run, they could have easily left out or replaced the padding under the suit, possibly saving themselves some material and labor costs. Won't know until we have it in hand. It's pretty obvious that this is a value release however and isn't intended to erase or replace the DX status of the original.

And I don't have a problem with that. The DX12 is a fine figure, problems aside.... Plenty of problems aside.

HT had absolutely no reason to "modify" this figure (except for the obvious paint, which is appreciated).

You've got it all wrong. You're the one that has to supply the stats. Because as far as Hot Toys sales and edition sizes go, it's plainly obvious they sell more units than there are people posting about mods here in the threads.

:lol

People STILL bought it and didn't like that head though. So how do you know that every single person that bought one had a problem with the head except you? You don't. I'd never claim that "everyone hates it", but I know that MOST people didn't, as evident on this message board and on Facebook. I would think that these collector sites where discussion is ongoing, are a good pull of the general consensus on any particular item. So far, you've been the only one to really be satisfied with the DX 12 and don't get or care about the improvement that this is. Every thread has this type though, there's a few in the ED-209 thread that have rotting domes that couldn't give two ****s and love it anyway, going as far as stating that they'd buy it again, even knowing the quality control issues. Anyway, figuring out majorities and minorities is impossible, but I have more to go by than you do, hence my previous post. It wasn't just the people you're seeing on here now (I for one haven't been vocal about the damn thing for a couple of years, it wasn't until you said that "everyone is wrong" that I perked up), but in past threads as well when the DX 12 was on everyone's minds.

Even the best pics of the stock DX 12 don't compare to this,

10645222_550183691773996_5016576969931765511_n.jpg

In the end though, I'm ranting about dumb dolls that sell out regardless of whether they're quality releases or not, sonI think I'll end this here. No offense to ya man, you're free to like what you like, but it does seem like you try to ruffle feathers with some of your posts. I'd never block you like others claim to do, but I will admit when you brazenly pop in after knowing full well that people weren't keen on the last release and post "everyone is wrong", well, I gotta state my piece.

I never said it didn't look better. I said the original didn't look bad. Hyperbole aside, your comments are completely empty - that's what I'm on about. You guys are too much. There's so much else that Hot Toys has completely flubbed and this is what you concentrate on?

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it, I am just glad they improved it because I hated the DX12 eyes and mouth plates on the DX12 cowl sculpt.

How are you guys displaying this guy? Do you put as much work into your displays as you do into going off the deep end with the hate? Honestly, I'd like to know.

Design and successful product creation is a balance of the big picture and details. You can't focus only on one.

I will probably display him as is in the armor although the fact that he doesn't have a fat suit is so tempting that I might put the DX12 figure in the armory. :dunno

And again, if you have any attention to detail know one thing, the "cowl sculpt" is his helmet/mask. If you're taking about paint on the eyes or his mouth, then mention them specifically. People have issues with each one of those things separately.

Ok point taken.

Here's my forum assessment. Hot Toys haters hang out in Hot Toys threads. Hot Toys lovers (and Sideshow haters) hang out in Sideshow threads. ;)

DiFabio, yes, I'm the one writing paragraphs about "issues" - no offense intended, but I honestly couldn't understand the last big post as you've got a few contradictions in there, starting with the second sentence. You hate it. Noted. Got it loud and clear. Just please stop using words like "everyone" - you are not everyone. 10 or even 50 or even 100 people on the forum are not "everyone."

I said in another thread I think from a distance or if you're not examining the DX12 closely it looks fine, but if you look at it closer or have it under a certain light that's when the derpy eyes appear more prominent. Also, certain photos made the bad eyes appear more prominent as well, but there were also some photos where they didn't look too bad. Either way, it's definitely nice to see HT addressed the problem and I don't think there's any doubt that there is a vast improvement between the DX12 and the head that comes with the armory.

100% agree with you mate. Far too many asses on here think they know everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said in another thread I think from a distance or if you're not examining the DX12 closely it looks fine, but if you look at it closer or have it under a certain light that's when the derpy eyes appear more prominent. Also, certain photos made the bad eyes appear more prominent as well, but there were also some photos where they didn't look too bad. Either way, it's definitely nice to see HT addressed the problem and I don't think there's any doubt that there is a vast improvement between the DX12 and the head that comes with the armory.

It is not only distance but lighting and how you position the eyes that can make the eyes on the DX12 cowl sculpt look good. I think it looks it's best when the eyes are looking up rather than straight as these comparison pics below illustrate.

DiFabio, yes, I'm the one writing paragraphs about "issues" - no offense intended, but I honestly couldn't understand the last big post as you've got a few contradictions in there, starting with the second sentence. You hate it. Noted. Got it loud and clear. Just please stop using words like "everyone" you are not everyone. 10 or even 50 or even 100 people on the forum are not "everyone."

You're a piece of work.

Soooo glad they fixed the eyes!

The eyes looked fine on DX12. They also look fine here.

I'm gonna have to disagree. His bug eyes stand out horribly, no matter the distance. Plus, you're the first person I've seen say his eyes look fine.

That's my point. Everyone else is wrong.

You may not like the eyes on DX12, which is cool. But there's nothing wrong with them. They look natural and realistic enough. ;)

Par usual, someone makes a comment that Pixie doesn't agree with and he chimes in with a contradiction + a rebuttal about how that opinion is "wrong" instead of going his merry way and leaving his opinion to himself.

SSF: "The sky is blue."

Pixelpiper: "No it's not."

SSF: "I don't agree."

Pixelpiper: "Well, you're wrong."

Instead of ranting with lame walls of text, maybe I should just learn to be rude and straightforward. This should have been my initial post. Is that still "contradictory"?

Last edited:
The improvement on the eyes of the Armory release is a BIG plus.....I'm not sure how I feel about the new faceplates till I have them in hand.
I think the fatsuit is still underneath the suit..HT has no real reason to remove it based on their original intention/design.
Is the silent unboxing video up???

Back