1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys is excited to introduce the 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure from the 1966 feature film. The collectible figure is newly developed and highly detailed, which is specially crafted based on the image of Adam West as the iconic character Batman, featuring a screen-accurate masked head sculpt, specially made costume with Batman logo, weapons and accessories.

I think they were originally aiming at TV, but since moving forward, are marketing as a movie release.

Well yes of course, that's what is being said, but when the cash starts rolling in all directions, I'm sure we'll see much more.

I would have liked a Julie, if they did the villains, but since realizing these are now marketed as movie figures... Unless HT redefine their marketing to include TV, this might be a sign that they only secured Movie rights and not TV rights.
I could be totally wrong, but that's how it looks to me. And if that's the case then they can only use movie characterizations, regardless if the costumes are the same or not.

Anyways, I'm glad for the Bat, the bird and the car !
Won't see em for the better part of a year, but there are a few releases between now and then to keep me busy.
Right, time for this weeks, " Beware..."

I would have liked a Julie, if they did the villains, but since realizing these are now marketed as movie figures... Unless HT redefine their marketing to include TV, this might be a sign that they only secured Movie rights and not TV rights.
I could be totally wrong, but that's how it looks to me. And if that's the case then they can only use movie characterizations, regardless if the costumes are the same or not.
I think it might be more that they're trying to keep the figures in line with their MMS series which as we all know is Movie Masterpiece Series not Television Masterpiece Series. So that could be a possibility as to why these figures are being marketed as being from Batman: The Movie rather than just the Batman series. Even though they essentially are the same thing and the movie is just an oversized episode with more villains popping up than normal.

The rights to the Batman TV show are actually very complicated. Fox owns the show, but WB owns the characters. They have not been able to come to an agreement about how to work together on them. Which is why the TV show is not on DVD yet, just the movie.

Eh..the costume is basically the same all they'd have to do is a separate headsculpt. That would be a cool idea if Hot Toys actually did that.
It's not just the costumes though; Julie is THE body. Merriwhether doesn't compare to her - she filled the gap for the film role adequately enough.. but there is only one Catwoman in my books. A high end 1/6 scale Catwoman should reflect the actress properly, not just the outfit alone.

Back to the earlier point; it's fair enough to go off what they've put out per the specs, but as DGT said - once they realize that there are tens of thousands of fans of this beloved series - from all demographics, just waiting - license agreement details permitting.. it'll be on for young & old. :cool:

Preordered Batman. The shark repellant and bomb were the ultimate selling points for me. I used to love the show when I was younger. I'm really hoping for Joker and Riddler to come out too.

It's not just the costumes though; Julie is THE body. Merriwhether doesn't compare to her - she filled the gap for the film role adequately enough.. but there is only one Catwoman in my books. A high end 1/6 scale Catwoman should reflect the actress properly, not just the outfit alone.

Back to the earlier point; it's fair enough to go off what they've put out per the specs, but as DGT said - once they realize that there are tens of thousands of fans of this beloved series - from all demographics, just waiting - license agreement details permitting.. it'll be on for young & old. :cool:

Why did Julie not do the Batman film? Guess she was already filming something else at the time?

I guess I don't remember them being all that different body wise either. Looking at pictures of them they look fairly similar, Julie was maybe a bit more shapely than Lee but not by that much. I did search a little about them and it appears Newmar was just slightly taller (only by like two and a half inches though so hardly noticeable). I could see if we were talking Ertha Kitt who was of different ethnicity that a new body and whatnot would be necessary but I don't think that Julie and Lee are that different.

AFX says they are pre sold out of both figs...

"Sorry we are presold out of both. They have been removed from our site. Thank you. "

Glad I ordered quickly then! I cancelled my sideshow order after I realized I'd be saving $30 by going with afx.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS 219-Batman(1966)-Robin 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Its almost a sure thing we will get Catwoman and Joker because HT used their images at the Ani-Com booth and they are usually very deliberate with what they depict.

https://youtu.be/LugIeKU1_xM

Interesting point - and unfortunately it's Merriwether. However Mattel is doing Newmar. Also it's fun to note that HT did the whole electronic banner in the style of the Batman TV show with the BAMPF and POWs.

The movie is a different license than the TV show (which is why we got a DVD of the movie a few years ago but still no series DVD). Here's hoping HT doesn't JUST have the movie license. However if they had to spend just as much to secure the TV license I can see them having opted for the cheaper movie license.

Which also means no Batgirl...:horror :gah:

Hah, I knew I could find something bad about this announcement - you guys just weren't trying hard enough.

Aren't people being a bit over-optimistic about HT making other figures from this license anyway? They might make Joker but beyond that.... Even Batman comes second to Iron Man in HT priorities.

Back