1/6 Hot Toys-MMS 218/219-Batman(1966)-Batman and Robin 1/6th Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see someone customise the Robin figure into an All-Star Batman and Robin, er, Robin. I know most people hate this book but I thought it was brilliant.

Just got the email from sideshow about the sale. Was really hoping for a bit more of a price reduction. If the pair ever dips down to three hundee I'm all in. Until then its a pass for me too

Honestly, this really isn't a special. If you go to their site tomorrow, you'll have the option to get each figure for 10% off and an extra 5% for the bundle, or, at least, that's how it's been for the past month, which comes to $337.50. It's still a great deal on two of HT's best figures of the year (and possibly ever, IMO), but there's no urgency is what I'm trying to say, as I believe the special runs through December, according to a previous email.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger if the deal still is up in December. I really want both figures.

Just got the email from sideshow about the sale. Was really hoping for a bit more of a price reduction. If the pair ever dips down to three hundee I'm all in. Until then its a pass for me too

I'm with you there. $300 or lower and I'll get the pair. I grew up watching reruns so I still want.

Bottom line. No matter what with sale or like many of us full price you absolutely cannot go wrong with these... At all

Bottom line. No matter what with sale or like many of us full price you absolutely cannot go wrong with these... At all

AGREED!!!!!!

Picked up the Blu-ray set with the Hot Wheels Batmobile......Man! I want it in 1:6! Hot Toys, MAKE IT SO!!!!!!

2014-11-11 19.21.28.jpg 2014-11-11 19.22.30.jpg 2014-11-11 19.23.21.jpg

Last edited:
Bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever tried any other Batman faceplates with this set? Would they fit or is the mouth too large here? And would an SSC Batman faceplate fit with the 66 Batman cowl?

I don't think so. It seems like the space here is way bigger than any other Batman figure. This figure's faceplates have a nose, while none of the others do, for example.

I get that everyone wants to save as much $$$ as possible, but I feel sad to see that these 2 masterpieces fall under "conditional purchase" for some. You'd see people post that they're willing to spend $350 for the next exclusive Iron Man repaint or a DX Batman Begins figure but still feel that $340 for TWO figures with ample accessories, gorgeous packaging/boxes, and superb headsculpt likeness on both -- is still expensive.

I feel sorry for the real 1966 Bat-fans who are waiting for more 1966 figures and the car. Won't happen if sales of the figures is only guaranteed by putting 'em in the bargain bin.

I get that everyone wants to save as much $$$ as possible, but I feel sad to see that these 2 masterpieces fall under "conditional purchase" for some. You'd see people post that they're willing to spend $350 for the next exclusive Iron Man repaint or a DX Batman Begins figure but still feel that $340 for TWO figures with ample accessories, gorgeous packaging/boxes, and superb headsculpt likeness on both -- is still expensive.

I feel sorry for the real 1966 Bat-fans who are waiting for more 1966 figures and the car. Won't happen if sales of the figures is only guaranteed by putting 'em in the bargain bin.

Oh, come on, man. It's all about perception. Many think the Red Five Luke is overpriced, some think the $295 BD Robo is overpriced, I know for a fact that the BRJ 2.0 is overpriced. But others don't and are willing to pay. I don't begrudge them.

I paid $425 for the Robo with chair. Will I be upset if it's $50 cheaper a year from now? Yeah, but more power to the people who waited/held their ground/got lucky and buy it at that price.

As a kid, I loved the show and I hope everyone who wants a '66 Batmobile gets one. But it's fairly obvious that HT misread the market/demand for a 50-year-old property.

Oh, come on, man. It's all about perception.

And that's what's sad. I said I get that everyone wants to save $$$. Who doesn't? I'm not throwing stones at those who don't buy the set. But I'm sad that this set, that this franchise, falls under conditional-maybe-will wait for bargain purchase. And I clearly understand that it's perception, and that's what I feel bad about: the fact that some people perceive this iconic masterpieces as expensive but not the Nth Batman Begins figure.

EDIT: I disagree with what you said that HT seemed to have misread the market/demand for this property. HT's read it very clear. It's a risk to guarantee more releases under a license that's still getting slow sales even when placed on a bargain.

And that's what's sad. I said I get that everyone wants to save $$$. Who doesn't? I'm not throwing stones at those who don't buy the set. But I'm sad that this set, that this franchise, falls under conditional-maybe-will wait for bargain purchase. And I clearly understand that it's perception, and that's what I feel bad about: the fact that some people perceive this iconic masterpieces as expensive but not the Nth Batman Begins figure.

EDIT: I disagree with what you said that HT seemed to have misread the market/demand for this property. HT's read it very clear. It's a risk to guarantee more releases under a license that's still getting slow sales even when placed on a bargain.

As to misreading the market/overestimating demand, I was referring to the lead-up and launch of these two figures.

For the huge supporters of the show, I can commiserate. I too am a fan of less-than-sure-thing characters. I would like nothing more than a Clarence Boddicker figure. But I know HT would have trouble selling more than 3,000 of them. If it's ever made, the AoU Scarlet Witch would likely sell better.

Back