Hot Toys MIS10 - Michael Jackson (Beat It version) spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah man, it's crystal clear. It's just beyond ridiculous, one horrible messed up situation. And you got these fans flat out denying it, saying the voices sound similar but not enough or whatever. Some actually claim they think Monster's vocals sound very similar to Wannabe Starting somethin' 2008, or We are the world 2006. FAIL!!!!!!

However...what i simply don't get though. Why would Sony/Estate do this? Try to fool enough people, so they can continue making 'new' albums and selling like hot cakes? They paid a huge amount of money for all this...also...all his producers like Teddy Riley, but even Bruce Swedien are saying it's Michael. Well...not directly Bruce's word from his moouth, but the estate claims he said it.

Oh my, people are in denial man. This is from a moderator from MJJC. This person saw all those links and says she doesn't agree tha they sound like Jason, but they sound like Michael...OMFG!!!!

If I can answer this - we kinda discussed this on the other thread as well.

when you listen to Jason Malachi songs , YES you find a line, a sentence, a word that DOES sound like Michael (or Cascio songs like you call it). and that youtube videos pick and choose those parts and compare it to Cascio songs to make a point. (so it's a selective comparison not an objective one by the way)

However if you listen to whole Jason Malachi songs you see that some parts actually do not sound like Michael (or Cascio songs like you call it) at all.

It's kinda finding a E'Casonava picture with the correct lighting and angle etc and say it's Michael when hundred other pictures of him look obviously nothing like him.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the same. It really seems completely nuts that people are even entertaining paying over double retail just a week after release.

The eBay prices are understandable as some of you have taken them up on these prices, so you can't really blame them. There's a lot of eBay listing like that out there, it's not just exclusive to this figure. It's not out of the ordinary to see eBay listings for $500 figures that are still in stores for $150.

If you're happy to pay such crazy prices at this point it seems like you should just sit back and relax. To think that it's going to shoot up and become one of the most expensive HT figures within a matter of weeks of release is just crazy thinking. At worst, these prices may remain but I find it very hard to believe they're going to increase. If you really truly think they're on they're way up, that you shouldn't wait another day, then you should go take out a loan and buy multiples from amiami, invest, they're only $250 there and yet many of you are talking like this is a figure that will be changing hands for $800 before the end of this week...

These are all just my guesses though, of course, maybe I'm completely wrong, but some of you seem to be acting just bananas about all this, not making any sense, you've lost your minds I say.

Last edited:
I think many of us need to not jump the gun and pay whatever inflated prices these 1/6 figures temporarily go for. This is what fuels Hot Toys, Sideshow and other high end collectibles companies to slowly keep raising the MSRP of these figures year by year. Why? Because they know some of us will pay $500 for a figure.

I foresee figures having MSRP's of $499.99 and above in the not-so-distant future. Think this is far fetched?? Back in May of 2009 where Sideshow figures were $49.99, if I were to tell you eventually these figures would later retail for $109.99, would you have believed me? Sideshow ain't Hot Toys, but you get my point about the trend of pricing.

People are eventually going to burn out from the ridiculous overpricing of the 1/6 figure industry like the sportscard industry of the mid 90's. I just hope it doesn't get to the point of 1:1 super limited edition, authentic film-worn costume material patch, autographed $1000 figures! SMH.

:explode:

i agree with what the mr mclean08 says. but it's ebay scalpers and second sellers who doing this. i have my limit on what i will pay for something.i have passed on stuff..you won't see me buy any rocky or rambo figures out there. not because i don't like them .but the bodies are going to break down because of the rubber material that was being used at the time.gosh iwent farther here than iwanted. sorry for babbling...

Outstanding figure in hand, Best MJ portrait to date!!!:yess::yess:

I also have ordered mine today.

My 'Beat It' figured arrived today, and I'm proud to share some pics. Each box comes with a thin black cardboard Certificate of Authenticity. I chose to frame mine in a hovering frame. Looks great if I do say so myself.

I haven't taken a whole lot of time to figure out which pose I'm going to go with, but these are good enough for a few quick snaps.

DSC02252.jpg

DSC02253.jpg

DSC02254.jpg

DSC02255.jpg

DSC02256.jpg

DSC02257.jpg

I think many of us need to not jump the gun and pay whatever inflated prices these 1/6 figures temporarily go for. This is what fuels Hot Toys, Sideshow and other high end collectibles companies to slowly keep raising the MSRP of these figures year by year. Why? Because they know some of us will pay $500 for a figure.

I foresee figures having MSRP's of $499.99 and above in the not-so-distant future. Think this is far fetched?? Back in May of 2009 where Sideshow figures were $49.99, if I were to tell you eventually these figures would later retail for $109.99, would you have believed me? Sideshow ain't Hot Toys, but you get my point about the trend of pricing.

People are eventually going to burn out from the ridiculous overpricing of the 1/6 figure industry like the sportscard industry of the mid 90's. I just hope it doesn't get to the point of 1:1 super limited edition, authentic film-worn costume material patch, autographed $1000 figures! SMH.

:explode:
My argument only goes to those over-reacting to perceived rare figures that aren't really rare. The general price trends for these figures is another issue entirely. Those costs go up due to multiple factors, including inflation and increased production costs, as well as demand. If folks weren't willing to pay $150 for Hot Toys figures, instead of driving prices down, we might simply drive them to not produce figures at all. I don't know how much of a profit this company (or Sideshow) makes, but you are already getting a relatively great deal with Hot Toys (paying only moderately more than a comparably complex Sideshow 1/6 scale figure in many cases, for significantly higher quality of sculpt, paint, and often outfits/accessories).

But as of now, most folks who collect these things seem quite content paying the asking price. As such, I don't see Hot Toys cutting down on their prices anytime soon. Getting eBayers to stop charging outrageous prices for figures produced in high numbers is another issue.

Way too many retailers are starting to watch e-tailer prices. Look at Toys R Us. They have seen the prices on things they sell-sold second hand on ebay at double their in store price. What did they do? Cut out the middle man and jacked the price up for you, FIRST HAND.

What retailers don't understand is that people only pay those prices because they get the convenience of not having to continuously search for a product that may or may not ever show up in their area.

So in relation to that, I feel that Sideshow can't put out those high prices that are being achieved on ebay if they aren't limited runs.

People are only scampering over the fact that it's "limited", and may not ever be sold by a supplier in their region.

i just wish HT would communicate more with the fans,it is not only me that want to know if this will be available through retailers.When People have no clue they get desperate when they see the price increases for every damn listing.I see a few is back down closer to 300 now on ebay...

I got mine from that japanese site so im good though.

HT did clearly communicate that it would only be available to Hong Kong and Japan (even if they only clearly communicated it in a non-English language article :lol ). They are trying to benefit from the hype and uncertainty, I'm sure. But at the end of the day, 4,000 is 4,000.

I can understand exclusives, but did they have to make it such a monumental one in the career of MJ? I mean, it is Beat It. I would of thought they could of done something smaller or a variation of a past rendition.

They did sort of pull the rug out from under the fans.

Back