Hot Toys Michael Jackson Thriller?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dam, How did he do that:confused: he was just so Bad Ass!!

If you REALLY want to know:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Cool thanks Snake...It still looks great.:banana...but know is half the battle.

MJ represented a huge part of the 80's for a lot of us that grew up on that era. I think some of us look at his passing as something else from that time that is gone.

That's the saddest part for me rather than the actual loss of the celebrity himself.

Solid, you hit the nail on the head right there.

Spoiler Spoiler:

You sure? I have seen a performer do that over here in a store without any techical help.

Seems like they recorded the whole concert...

I really hope they did!! I wanna see that full vid!

YES!!!! It's Smooth Criminal and Thriller!!! I'm sure!!!
Can you guys imagine a Smooth Criminal version with an old style microphone and perhaps some kind of base that makes possible to do this:

lean.jpg

I know I'm dreaming but you never know with Hot Toys and their magic...

Where's the clear twine?

there's a video on Youtube that shows the anti-gravity lean in slo-mo during a concert. You can see one of the back-up dancers getting his foot caught in the device.

The 2 versions of MJ I'd want most are definitely Thriller & Smooth Criminal. To me, those best showcase MJ.

i have to agree with darth waller michael jackson was a big part of my childhood in the eighties.
i remember getting the thriller album and buying we are the world with my mom and sister.
also practicing the moonwalk with cousins.
man it sucks to get old and watch people die. naturally and unnaturally.

Where's the clear twine?

You mean for the leaning move? There is no twine. This is how they did it:

The late King of Pop pioneered dance moves that looked mechanical and weren't, like the moonwalk, and at least one that looked mechanical and was: The forward-leaning maneuver from his "Smooth Criminal" video. The secret is all in the shoes.

Trying to lean beyond one's center of gravity normally leads to a giant, awkward step forward to retain balance, so to achieve the 45-degree angle he wanted, Michael and his dancers used special shoes as well as a trick in the stage floor. When the time came for the move, a peg-like aperture would protrude from the dance floor. The heel of the dancers' shoes featured a triangular cut out that could be hitched onto the peg, anchoring the dancers to lean much farther forward, and thus blowing the world's collective mind.

smoothcriminalshoes.jpg

If they do release a thriller MJ, itd be the most eye catching fig out of the whole bunch of dark colored figs like batman and the likes. I just hope that they don't try and pull a joker out of MJ with multiple versions instead of giving us the whole wolfhead and zombie head.

Yes, this was the first thread about hoping for an MJ Thriller Version.

I decided to leep this open for the moment as many things/variants are also being discussed here

I'm sure once this is 'Officially' announced Wooks will start another with all the specs etc.
x :peace

Last edited:
That figure is really cool!!...but please tell me where can i pre-order it at a decent price?...I know there is Ebay but over there is already over 200 dollars...please let me know!

By the way this is my first post here...I just registered so hello guys!

Saludos From MEXICO!

That figure is really cool!!...but please tell me where can i pre-order it at a decent price?...I know there is Ebay but over there is already over 200 dollars...please let me know!

Saludos From MEXICO!

Welcome! If you want to order from the States I would suggest www.bigbadtoystore.com and if you want to order from the Hot Toys distributor (Canada) I would suggest www.toys2.net

Saludos From MEXICO!

Que transa paisa!!
Bienvenido!!!

Have you ordered Hot Toys figures online before?
If not be aware that Customs in Mexico might charge you a lot of money in taxes...
Where in Mexico do you live?

I already have 2 friends who want me to order this for them who don't even collect. Alot of people want to order two. All signs that this will sell very fast. if you want one , I would personally put it at the top of the list as most important.

Pretty sure they can sell 100 K of them ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back